• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Heartbreak of Brock! (200)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Heartbreak of Brock!

After saving a girl when she tripped, she falls for Brock. The girl really likes Brock and takes him to meet her father. However when Team Rocket attack, she ends up with Team Rocket and starts to fall for James. Who will she pick?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Truely one of the best episodes ever (and not just because I am an AAMLer) this was just very funny, and cute.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Its a shame Temaku was a one-shot character, she's definatly one of the most interesting people that Ash & co have come across (and damn adorable 0_o; ). Although, I can't imagine her relationship with Dr.Random lasting too long :p
Definatly one of the better episodes, as it was nice to see Brock getting a taste of his own medicine...hehehe, although he obviously hasn't learnt his lesson. It was also great to see James in such fear over having a fiance XD

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Finally, someone in a episode who is JUST LIKE ME. XD!

Temaku's awesome. She falls for like every hot guy ever, just like me. XD!

Except I don't have a Nidorina. I have a Hariyama. >>

O

Ororo Munroe

Phantom_Bugsy said:
She falls for like every hot guy ever, just like me.
Yeah. LOL

Anyways, this was a nice episode. It was amusing how a girl liked Brock and he didn't like her back and she acts like him.

Sebok

Banned
It was funny seeing the reactions of Ash and Meowth; Ash thought Misty meant THEY'D get married, and I guess Meowth already assumed Jessie thought she was James's girlfriend.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I love Temacu! It's interesting to see the shoe on the other foot with Brock, where he's the one being pursued and he's backing off. :) I also love the part when Temacu mentions the word "fiancee" to James and he has a flashback to Jessiebelle. :D Too bad Brock ended up losing Temacu to the doctor. :(

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Sebok said:
It was funny seeing the reactions of Ash and Meowth; Ash thought Misty meant THEY'D get married, and I guess Meowth already assumed Jessie thought she was James's girlfriend.

Just before any picks up on that and starts claiming "dub-only", Archaic from Bulbagarden told me that scene it was still very shippy in the original version even though those comments weren't actually said, haven't seen it myself, but I trust him :p

Haven't even seen the dub yet either, looks like I'm gonna have to buy this one on DVD at some point lol.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
wobbanut said:
I also love the part when Temacu mentions the word "fiancee" to James and he has a flashback to Jessiebelle. :D Too bad Brock ended up losing Temacu to the doctor. :(
Yes, I enjoyed that part to. It was nice to see that events from James' past hadn't been completly forgotten by the writers. Although, I think its a shame Jessibel hasn't made any other appearences since then. You'd think with her over-flowing obbsession for James that she'd at least try to hunt him down or something...in a proper and orderly manner of course~

Also, that Doctor was a complete a**-clown if you ask me. I hope Temacu dumped him with extreme prejudice...mmhmm *nods, nods*

Infact, speaking of Temacu, she also needs to return at some point. If she dumped the Doctor, she could chase Brock across the globe, which means she could appear more often, which would make Gravy somewhat happy and give him more reason to watch the animé. Yep, that it would ~^.^~
She deserves to return, she was like, the best filler character ever.
Oh, and her character design totally rocked. Which is a rarity for random-filler girls IMO~ Infact, she'd make a pretty good gym leader for the games...*ponders*

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy said:
Yes, I enjoyed that part to. It was nice to see that events from James' past hadn't been completly forgotten by the writers. Although, I think its a shame Jessibel hasn't made any other appearences since then. You'd think with her over-flowing obbsession for James that she'd at least try to hunt him down or something...in a proper and orderly manner of course~

Also, that Doctor was a complete a**-clown if you ask me. I hope Temacu dumped him with extreme prejudice...mmhmm *nods, nods*

Infact, speaking of Temacu, she also needs to return at some point. If she dumped the Doctor, she could chase Brock across the globe, which means she could appear more often, which would make Gravy somewhat happy and give him more reason to watch the animé. Yep, that it would ~^.^~
She deserves to return, she was like, the best filler character ever.
Oh, and her character design totally rocked. Which is a rarity for random-filler girls IMO~ Infact, she'd make a pretty good gym leader for the games...*ponders*

Heh heh. You know Gravy, despite the image surronding you, and the image of you that I had in my head for quite some time, the truth has just hit me. Deep down, you're a Fanboy, just like me. ^_^ I knows one when I sees one. XD The whole way you talk about her is totally unlike someone who just considered her a cool character. (Like how I consider... say, Damian 'cool'.) It's the same language I use when talking about Roxanne.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Yey for fanboys! :D And yey for the appearance of P_B-chan in 2 episodes. XD (This 'un and A Meditite Fight)

*shifty looks* *runs away*

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Alfonso said:
Heh heh. You know Gravy, despite the image surronding you, and the image of you that I had in my head for quite some time, the truth has just hit me. Deep down, you're a Fanboy, just like me. ^_^ I knows one when I sees one. XD The whole way you talk about her is totally unlike someone who just considered her a cool character. (Like how I consider... say, Damian 'cool'.) It's the same language I use when talking about Roxanne.
Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
*ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy said:
Oh? And what image would that be may I ask? Mild mannered guy who tends to post in the animé section too much and has no definable character traits perhaps? XP
*ahem* And yes, I am pretty much a fanboy actually ^^; I just tend to keep my fanboy-ish-ness (I'm sure thats not a real word~) quiet compared to a lot of people and rarely say much on the matter. On this occassion though, I was kinda hyped-up after obtaining this episode and watching it about thrice over, so...yeah, guess I kinda let the secret out thanks to that XD;

But really, everything I said about Temacu is true anyways. She seriously needs to return ^.^ As do a few other filler-girls come to think of it...Chigusa is a definate candidate~

Actually, that's exactly what I thought of you. XD No offence meant, of course. It's just that, like with many members here, you can't really tell much of their personality when they are talking about events in episodes that have yet to air. (Speculation, and such.) It's only in things like this, concerning past events and characters, can you truly see a person's interests and personality. I mean, you can hardly obsess over Roxanne in a thread about Shiny frikken Donphan. :p But yay for us, anyway. ^_^

In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-

Oh, here's a thought. In all of Temacu's fantasies, not once was her wedding dress white. Ponder that for a second. :3

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Alfonso said:
In some ways, I liked this episode. And yet, in others, I did not. Temacu *was* a cool character, (Rather much like a certain other girl who obsessed over James, Jessibelle/Rumika.) but I didn't like the ending. It was frikken MISTY'S POLIWHIRL that hurt Temacu, if I remember correctly, so why the hell was everybody blaming James just because she choose to protect him? (Sorry if that is inaccurate. I've only seen this episode once. XD) Then there was that random annoying doctor at the end. -_-

Yeah, no kidding. Team Rocket were treated worse in seasons three and four than any other season, if that's even possible (looking at the season as a whole, not just individual episodes), though season seven is getting there. Their getting blasted off in "Flower Power" for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL (for gosh sakes, they just wanted to add to the entertainment) springs immediately to mind. I hate when things regarding Team Rocket are blown completely out of proportion just because they're the bad guys. Yeesh. Their good deeds ("A Promise is a Promise", "A Poached Ego") end up going unrecognized, which is sad.

Kasumi

Boulder Trainer
Brock's and Misty's talking

It is one of my favourite episodes :) I remember scene in which Misty talking with Brock. In one moment he asked her: "From where you know it everything?" She didn't answer. But I know! She has experience in "this business"> because she is fal in love! she loves ash! The day before yesterday I saw the first one in my life picture in which she and Ash are kising :) I knew that she loves him but I doidn't know I wil se it! It's grate! I 'm so happy because of that! But! May kissed Ash! Why?!

Last edited:

Emma Iveli

Fanfic Writer
I just bouahgt the episode on DVD after not seeing for years and I found something extreamly funny (well to me any ways), Temaku's second dream wedding dress is one giant Angel Lily refernce. Okay let me explane: Angel Lily is a MAgical Girl from the anime Wedding Peach (think Sailor Moon with a wedding theme... AND IT'S NOT A RIP-OFF!) anyways the Magical Girls in the anime have two dresses tradidtion MAgcal Girl and Wedding Dresses, Temaku's 2nd dream wedding dress was nearly idetical to Angel Lily's wedding dress, hat, sleeves and even color even her bouqe was also lilys. I also think the other two dress were smaller refecews to the other Love Angels, Pink= Wedding Peach, Gold= Angel Daisy.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
*searches on google for a few minutes*

...Holy freakin' crap, you're absolutely right. Hell, Temacu's hairstyle is even strikingly similar to that of Momoko, the main character O_O; Dare to compare~

...Awesome! I do believe this is my cue to produce some fanart! *scuttles off*

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
...:0

I may even be producing some 'fanart' of my own, you know. If you get what I mean. *nudge nudge*

...*waits to Gravy to say something* ...>.>

*wink wink*

Okay, I might be drawing a awfully naughty picture which may contain Temachu. :0 *wonders who to put her with if anyone*