• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Heartbreak of Brock! (200)

But they should have made a "vision" sort of thing where ash and misty in a tuxedo and a gown..... sorry, getting carried away.....

Battra

One of the all time best episodes of the entire series, it's very hilarious when we get a female Brock in Temaku, it's to bad she's only a filler. It's nice seeing Brock on the receiving end for once and gets cold feet because of it, I also noticed the references to the anime Wedding Peach with Temaku's different dresses and hair styles. Nice seeing Misty admit to actually liking someone and them not noticing or not returning the feelings, also loved Misty's line to Ash "Someday you and I will be married to." Ashes reaction to the line was priceless, I always wondered if she actually meant her and Ash or if she just meant it in general reference?

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Temaku is head over heels for Brock here in this episode. Just like her, I had a Nidorina once but, unfortunately, I evolved it into a Nidoqueen. Cool score for Temaku, but why did she become in love with James instead of Brock in the last part?(I loved that Roxanne Doll here. In case you don't know who's Roxanne, she's the first gym leader of Hoenn.)

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
Nice seeing Misty admit to actually liking someone and them not noticing or not returning the feelings, also loved Misty's line to Ash "Someday you and I will be married to." Ashes reaction to the line was priceless, I always wondered if she actually meant her and Ash or if she just meant it in general reference?
Actually that line was typical 4kids 'make Ash and Misty lovers' edit. In the original, Misty simply said that the girl has a crush on Brock.

Joshehh

Temaku was amazing, I'd say she was one of the best ever filler characters. Seeing her fight for James, and giving Brock a taste of his own medicine were really nice. And it was lovely to see Misty's tutoring and pushing of Brock, and the fact that they recognised Team Rocket for once!

One of the best Johto eps I'd say :D

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the storyline in this episode was good if you asked me, i would give it a 7/10 which is above the middled rating.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
That girl and Brock were well suited, because he drools over any girl he sees and she does the same with guys.

"And you as hard to catch as a suddowoodo, maduvusu" My me laugh that part, nickname for suddowoodo! XD

And I see this part for pokeshippers: Misty will marry Ash! :/

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought it was funny to see somebody like Brock for a change. Although you would have thought that Brock could atleast acknowledge her even if he didn't like her at first. I think that the relationship between Temacu and the doctor will be short lived. I also liked the reference to Jessiebell when Temacu mentions the word fiance to James. I also noticed that this is one of the few times in which Team Rocket gets recognized in their costumes. Also, when Temacu is fantasizing about her and Brock's marriage, Brock is wearing the same tuxedo as in "Beauty and the Breeder," just with the addition of the flower.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
You know this episode is pretty good, funny how she keeps falling for all the guys.

I do agree how Temku was the one who ordered an attack on Poliwhirl and when Misty ordered it to attack James and she jumped in the way to save him that they blame TR for that, I think sometimes they are blamed for stupid reasons and blasted off (Like in Hour of the Houndour when they took the ham, I bet they would have been blasted off if they had caught them red handed yeven if they were starving to death despite Houndour stole it to help his friends kinda like they did).

Probably one of the annoying things in this episode (Unless Ash meant when they stole the pokemon and said now you are gonna get it but I doubt it)

Finally a girl likes Brock and Brock rejects that request!! Are you kidding me Brock this girl is willing to cook for you and do other stuff for your and you still reject her!!! But I love in the end how Brock got jealous when that girl was with James. I'm never going to type that girls name because she got a big one. And I like how she loves every guy she see's lol I'll rate this an 10/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It wasn't very good. Apart from the romance in this episode, I'd say it's your typical mid-Johto episode with some Brock thrown in there as a main character for good measure. I'm not sure if this episode was all that funny either. I didn't think that falling in love every few minutes was a fine concept for children to see, even in an anime. The COTD seemed shallow as a result. 4/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good filler.

Too bad that Brock didn't marry with this girl.... maybe because she was young.

6/10

Armaldo48

It was fun to see a female Brock. And is it just me, or does Brock only gets a crush on someone who hasn't one on him?

7/10

CliveKoopa

It was quite good that this episode shows that there are other professors and labs other than the ones in Pallet Town, New Bark Town, etc. It was funny to see a female version of Brock. It was quite ironic that this was one of the few girls that Brock didn't fall for.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This showed that Brock wasn't ready for love. Misty was only thinking of herself when she was talking to Brock. It's just that his hormones are over-the-top. That's all.