• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Heracross Loss and the Pinsir in Love (1183)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The only thing I liked about this ep r the amazing TR.

nuzamaki90

What shocked me the most about this episode, besides it being kind of enjoyable, was that they actually remembered Erika’s whole thing in OS was making perfume first and Gym Leader second. Oh and Hitmonchan, bro haven’t seen you in like 2 years

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
There are things that even Team Rocket can save, holy cow their plans are really unoriginal...

Did you see what they devised to get into the gym last time? Now it's just let's try it. I'm impatient let's try it by force.

And then I have to see the gatcha and I want to smash that thing to bits with a baseball bat.

Jesus christ if next week episode does not end with Team Rockert and the Gatcha parting ways I'm going to be mad.

What was the point of Morpeko dammit?

I'm not going to waste my time on Heracross and Pinsir what a pair of simps. LITERAL SIMPS

And now we reached a new low ladies and gentleman offscreen captures.

Everyday that passes the Pokémon creatures are devalued more and more and certain Youtuber and twitter persons are going to say "Oh look all those Pokémon in the background they are happy" They're so delussional and when Gen9 arrives you're going to have a rude awakening believe me.

And we have the perfect setting to show us that catching Pokemon can be fun and challenging. And they're not going to use it. ,what is writting a time travelling plot to difficult for them?

I have heard rummors that in April big things will happen... also it's the show 25 annyversary so it could be a good month.

I'm going to keep playing the waiting game then....

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Wow this episode was boring.

Shoving chloe and evee’s finding eveelution plotline into a story with an unrelated third party just made this episode feel even more unfocused than usual. The eveelution plot just felt like such a placid afterthought. It felt all over the place. I mean erika is there, but she’s such a different character that it didn’t even feel like a character return if they didn’t force it through the flashback.

Even more so because the pinsir plotline also felt pretty boring and lackluster. Since it’s really just focused on the flower thing and not much actually happened on that front aside from pinsir’s increasingly disturbing eyes.

Honestly the most enjoyable thing in the ep was seeing TR up to their usual shenanigans, considering how long they haven’t even been part of the show.

Last edited:
The only thing I liked about this ep r the amazing TR.
Team Rocket were actually good in this episode. They actually contributed to the plot (when Pinsir saved Heracross). Their disguises were great and overall not so annoying/badly written.

Come to think of it, if we are lucky enough to see them in an episode lately, they have been pretty good. Cannot wait for the next one!

Soniman

Break the Limit
I mean erika is there, but she’s such a different character that it didn’t even feel like a character return if they didn’t force it through the flashback.
I guess she's slightly less of a c*nt this time but obviously they weren't gonna maintain complete consistency with a episodes that aired over 2 decades ago and align her much closer to how she was in the games as a traditional Japanese lady type (which they even did in her first appearence at the perfume place anyway)

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I guess she's slightly less of a c*nt this time but obviously they weren't gonna maintain complete consistency with a episodes that aired over 2 decades ago and align her much closer to how she was in the games as a traditional Japanese lady type (which they even did in her first appearence at the perfume place anyway)

I liked her being a c*nt, so was Ash when he had a personality....

ShadowForce720

I know, right? Ash used to actually have character!

If only the writers cared for Ash development as much as they cared for Goh development. That would be nice. :)
Difference is Ash has been around for over 1000 episodes since he has been around from the beginning of the anime and hasn’t been allowed to age.

It’s easy to set their and say why don’t they give Ash development but there is only so much they can do to develop a character that’s been around since the beginning of the Original anime and hasn’t been allowed to age.

This is why Ash doesn’t receive development any more it winds up being his Pokémon and/or other characters wind up receiving development.

Plus most of the development he tends to receive in more recent series isn’t actually development but then just recycling things he has already learned.

The reason why Goh and other characters and Ash’s Pokémon can get developement is because they either haven’t been around since the beginning of the Original series being relatively new characters or they are characters that while they did show up in the older series they haven’t been consistently around in every series after or even a good chunk of episodes in their debut series.

Basically at this point if they actually want to actually have Ash get actual development then things that some people consider are right now considered status quo and can’t be changed like Ash not meeting his father, Ash not Aging, Ash not being capable of falling in love and reciprocating feelings, etc. need to be changed.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash is a marketing bus without a soul, and whose personality is basically idiot. He is not allowed to have other emotions when he's not fighting a villain not named TRio. He literally lives for Pokemon, which is in itself very detrimental because he never developed anything else other than liking them. He's not Goh, whose issues happen to be just him overthinking things and making drama out of them (Goh: My data... *sniff*), so he's not any better.

I mean, at least Erika is a florist besides being a Gym Leader and has a salon where perfume is queen (even if the writers could do much better with these facts).

He's not Goh, whose issues happen to be just him overthinking things and making drama out of them (Goh: My data... *sniff*), so he's not any better.
I do like how Goh has gained learning and experience and has become better at handling things (i.e. Raboot vs Drizzile, or how he acted in this episode). But true, he is kind of dramatic.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Oof, I really sympathize with Kaiross. It's never any fun to be a girl who feels like the guy she likes doesn't see her.

The one thing I’m confused about is that people on YouTube are apparently happy that Erika said “Ara ara” in the episode.

I just looked up what that phrase means, but I still don’t get why people are so excited about that :\

Who doesn't wanna be on the giving/receiving end of an ara-ara by/as an older woman?

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Wasn’t this the episode that the clowns at Pokénchi were promoting? I haven’t watched it, but I’m guessing by the posts (including the lack thereof), that, as expected, this was inevitably just the obligatory “Pokemon love plot” filler we get every generation.