• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hero Lilliel and the Alolan Cane! (1036)

Vipsoccermaster

A fine play episode. Really isn't much to discuss about the episode, but then there's the Eevee short, that was good and funny.

Oh yeah, it's nice that Team Rocket were a part of the play, but you don't need to go re-writing the script in the middle of the play. It just drags on, especially for everyone.

DatsRight

There's going to be segments like that for the next few episodes. The JP version had these after the credits. I'm actually a bit surprised the dub included them though, as it normally cuts all the post-episode bonus content... It's a good thing they kept it though, being that it eventually becomes plot-relevant. And while the show does recap all the segments in the episode where it becomes relevant, having the shorts beforehand makes that recap feel like less of an overly heavy-handed infodump. (I mean I actually don't particularly like said recap-scene in the first place...)

I guess it's because most of the post-episode stuff exists as extras, much like the longer credit sequences, they take extra time which western networks use for commericals, while the Eevee segment cuts a few minutes off of the episode itself, taking that out would leave them too much time left.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Surprised no one mentioned this.

The dub had Lisa Ortiz, the voice of Lina Inverse, actually briefly voice Jessie during her introduction scene. It's a nice touch seeing them actually put in the effort to try and retain that joke even a little.

That being said, I hated the multi-voice effect they did for the other Hayashibara-voiced characters. Not only is it obnoxious hearing the same voice multiple times over at once, it kind of misses the point as to why it was only one voice in the original.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The dub had Lisa Ortiz, the voice of Lina Inverse, actually briefly voice Jessie during her introduction scene. It's a nice touch seeing them actually put in the effort to try and retain that joke even a little.

Care to enlighten a dub viewer as to what the joke even was in the first place?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Care to enlighten a dub viewer as to what the joke even was in the first place?
A majority of the characters Jessie dressed as were voiced by Megumi Hayashibara, her Japanese voice actress.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
A majority of the characters Jessie dressed as were voiced by Megumi Hayashibara, her Japanese voice actress.

Like characters from other anime? Interesting.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Behold mortals, as chaos descends upon the population! I thought the episode was pretty weird but not predictable, so I think it is good. This kind of event suites Team Rocket quite well and maybe Jessie was enjoying her role a little bit too much? There was a part where the pokemon dressed up as pokemon but they were dressing up as themselves?! I dunno, that was around the time that I was no longer able to keep up with the plot. The reference to a certain revolutionary girl totally caught me by surprise and was entirely not expected. A lot was going on but it seemed like a nice episode in my book.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
What's disappointing is that the montage of Jessie's VA's other roles done up in Jessie's colors was the single best moment of the episode

Everything else was meaningless, even if it was fun to look at

The Pokémon Quest cameo was alright, and we saw Dynamax Pikachu well before the announcement of Sword and Shield

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Still peeved that they had Lusamine thanking Ash for helping her family saved for a Filler episode, firmly cementing the Aether and Necrozma arcs as Filler themselves, given how they're never mentioned otherwise
....What?
LMAO
If anything I love they mention Series events in episodes like these showing the interconnected strength of the series unlike JN which is disconnected a lot of the times

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Weak S22 start but not as bad as I remembered"

Episode: 4/10
Also, I really liked how some of the characters that Megumi Hayashibara (Jessie's VA) that she voiced, were referenced into this episode.

Why does this have few comments?
You know, filler = few comments, unless the episode is a very iconic filler.