• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden ones Redux Discussion Thread

Dude, don't insult my logic, I never insulted yours.

Use the English ones.

Sounds pretty forceful to me.

All I'm saying is, me and PS, maybe others, don't want to know the English names. We want a surprise. We've been avoiding them ever since tehy we're leaked, and want to learn them as the game goes on. So can you just avoid using the ENglish names for 2 weeks until the games come out? Thats all we want.

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
Stop arguing! Some of us want to be spoiled, some of us don't. Personally, I don't give a crap.

Here's an idea:

People who want to be spoiled/don't care can go after new legends or whatever.

People who DON'T want to be spoiled can go for past legends.

There. Problem solved.

Mawile412

Problem
No.

I'm not going to complain to serebii over nothing. I'm not even complaining. And don't talk to pokemon special like that. For your information, he HASN'T LOOKED AT ANYTHING! He hasn't been spoiled and that's not fair to just pull everything out and force it upon him just 2 weeks before the games come out while he's been trying SO HARD not to get spoiled for the past 5 months.

D

Deleted member 133172

I think I'll go after Dialga in the legend hunt, but knowing me my desision will end up changing. xD

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
How dare you say the original names are annoying! What did you call them BEFOR they came out with english names!? Blue Otter? Green Snake Thing? ORANGE PIG!?!?

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
suicune lover: it was a joke, copying the person's tone of speech. -_-

Musical Meyhem: kay, but for the fifth time now, NOTHING TO BE SPOILED.

Mawile: One, how would I know any of that? I don't even know if PL is a boy or a girl! Two, if she's going to do the Japanese names of a pokemon in an RP, and in an RP, every part of the character or NPC takes a vital point in the RP. Therefore, she/he needs to SEE the pokemon's picture in order to do so, and whether she/he saw the english name while looking at the picture or not, that means, guess what? SPOILED.

Extreme Floatzel: Thank you for ignoring arguments.

Chihaya: I never said ANYTHING like that, and I simply just said the english names wound work better, since the RP is in ENGLISH.

KS: sure. about what? o.0

I don't like fighting verbally, kay? let's follow EF's example and stop arguing.

Mawile412

Problem
Mawile: One, how would I know any of that? I don't even know if PL is a boy or a girl! Two, if she's going to do the Japanese names of a pokemon in an RP, and in an RP, every part of the character or NPC takes a vital point in the RP. Therefore, she/he needs to SEE the pokemon's picture in order to do so, and whether she/he saw the english name while looking at the picture or not, that means, guess what? SPOILED.

:|

No.

PS wouldn't even look up a picture. He doesn't want to be spoiled at all!

Musical Mayhem

~Simple and Clean~
My name is Musical Mayhem. With an A. Learn to spell please. And there is such a thing as getting spoiled. Look it up perhaps? There are some people in this world who want the thrill of going through a Pokemon game and discovering the new Pokemon as they go. Although... using the English names won't necessarily spoil it unless the description of the Pokemon is paired with the English name. Personally, I'm a fan of just leaving the 5th Gen out of it until everyone becomes familiar with it, but that's just me. How can you RP something you've never seen or heard of? And it's kind of rude for someone else to just.... put it in there and expect them to know what it is. Again, that's just me.

Now that I've got that out of my system...

A real question: Once we find the legendaries, will we be training under them? Provided we actually find one of our type, would they be able to teach us new techniques/better control over our powers?

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
When I played in the last version of The Hidden Ones, Darkrai and my character were pretty tight, but essentially kept my character safe while at the same time mentoring them, yes.

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
I actually do agree with Musical, if it is going to cause so much argument then maybe we should just leave the 5th generation out for now.

I can go with whichever Legendary is given to me at this point.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Ok, that's it. Darkness, you've repeatedly broken rule 6 and you're bothering both my friends and poorly influencing the less experienced players. I've given you all the help you've asked for, and my friends have tried to steer you in the right direction. But I can see you're too busy trying to justify your own actions to follow our example.

STRIKE 3 AND YOU'RE PERMA-BANNED!

Ok guys, I can see that more authority is needed around here than just me and TO can supply. Therefore Suicune Lover and Pokemon Special are going to be the new officers. Their role is to hand out warnings and report poor rping behavior to me and TO and to give pep talks to those that are lost or inexperienced. They can't hand out strikes, but they can give warnings.

AND I'M REMOVING MY POLICY ON ONE CHARACTER PER PERSON! Enjoy

Ok then. I'm done here. GO HOME.

Last edited:

lxdarknessxl

Asian Epicness
Chihaya/Mawile: Yea, but when you're doing an RP, every part of the pokemon's body comes into play, remember? For example, before, I played a game where I was a Fallen Angel. Flied with Wings, and also used them as shields when needed. In the same one, my friend was a Mermaid, who swam faster due to the tail, which was also used to whip enemies. My other friend was a creature with sword for arms, so he had difficulty picking things up, and he also used his arms to slash things. Pretty much same story for pokemon, no? So, unless she/he has someone giving him/her a REALLY good description on what the pokemon is like, in which case it would be spoiled anyway, he/she wouldn't be able to use it well.

Musical Mayhem: I can make mistakes! XD either way, you said the same thing I did, but again, those who don't want to use 5th gen pokemon in the RP, don't follow the people who do, but if you DO, then they can use it as much as they want without annoying the people who don't want to know, and did not look at the BW pokedex.

Absol: I thought Darkrai was evil? o.0

To all who took part in the argument: Again, let's just stop the fighting, or atleast take it off the thread first, and we'll just end it as fast as we can...

EDIT: KS: What? You JUST told me to stop the argument, which I was trying to do since BEFORE you told me! I asked for help with the uberness, cuz I really see all pokemon moves as uber, but nobody helped, and that was before anything happened! what did I do now?

Ditto123

~Word~
is my question being ignored in favor of a flame war?

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
yes BW legends are allowed and the water-fighting is Kerudo I believe

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Taking away from the flame war...

Can someone bring Lucio over to his room in someway? I'll make him wake up later and then you will be able to tell him of the legend hunt.

D

Deleted member 133172

@Musical Mayhem-That's what I took it as, training under a legendary of our choice, but then again I'm not 100% sure.

If we are to do this, would it be a overpowered to learn roar of time? I would asume so but I just want to check.

I actually do agree with Musical, if it is going to cause so much argument then maybe we should just leave the 5th generation out for now.

If we were to do this, it would clash with my character being raised in Castellia Town, Unova.

Last edited by a moderator: