• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don't even care much for the uniform I'm using (I think it's the summer one), I just wished I could replace the shorts with pants. Only way is using the winter (I think) uniform, but I wanted to keep the shirt.
The Spring uniform has pants too

ShadowForce720

You know in regards to the Paradox Virizion that is basically a combination of the Swords of Justice, I think I have narrowed down its typing.

Basically it seems Paradox mons won’t share the exact same type combination as their original counterparts and/or other Paradox mons. Also far all Paradox mons have been Dual type so the same will probably be true for Paradox Virizion.

Also since the Paradox mons keep one of the typings from their original counterpart, that means it’s pretty safe to say that this Paradox Virizion is either going to be part Grass or Fighting type.

I think they will choose to go with it being part Fighting type since all the original Swords of Justice share the fighting type.

So taking this and the restrictions into consideration we can eliminate the following type combinations that Paradox Virizion could possibly be which breaks down like this:

Type combinations that Paradox Virizion likely isn’t:
Fighting/Grass
Fighting/Rock
Fighting/Steel
Fighting/Water
Fighting/Dragon
Fighting/Fairy
Fighting/Electric
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Bug
Fighting

This leaves the following type combinations to choose from:
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Normal
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Dark
Fighting/Psychic
Fighting/Poison
Fighting/Fire

Also just to make this clear the typing Paradox Virizion is keeping from its original counterpart could be used for either it’s primary or secondary typing, so for instance if it is part Fighting type, Fighting could be its primary or secondary type.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know it's not the right place to ask, but if there were older Pokemon to be added to Scarlet and Violet's DLC, which ones would you like to see?
Probably all of my Sinnoh pokémon from Brilliant Diamond that aren’t available in the base game (Infernape, Roserade, Chatot, Rampardos, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Electivire)

I'd also like Emolga to come back so that I can have the real versions of my whole Pokemon Y team together:
  • Scizor
  • Emolga
  • Ursaluna (was a Teddiursa for my Y playthrough)
  • Pyroar
  • Chesnaught
  • Noivern

Last edited:

Barrysun

I'm hoping in the DLC is is
Megea evolutions returning plus Ash Greninja returns as a mega evolution
un nerf some of the abilities. (Missed how Synchronize worked in previous games,)
maybe some of the older games get an update to include new Pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m hoping that we will get to enter some of the cave openings in some areas that are clearly big enough for a person to enter but the game won’t let us enter them for some odd reason. I mean why leave a huge cave opening that we can literally walk up to but not enter? It’s confusing if you are trying to fill the Pokédex and think it’s a shortcut to the other side just like the other caves.

Bus

I’m hoping that we will get to enter some of the cave openings in some areas that are clearly big enough for a person to enter but the game won’t let us enter them for some odd reason. I mean why leave a huge cave opening that we can literally walk up to but not enter? It’s confusing if you are trying to fill the Pokédex and think it’s a shortcut to the other side just like the other caves.
Those cave openings are all from the hunted Titans aren't they? Like, the spot where you go in and find the Herba Mystica. At least every time I remember finding a cave like that, it was where one was defeated as far as I remember.

Copley Hill Gym

Mega evolutions are not going to return. No videogame producer is ever going to tank their own new work by reintroducing old faves in a new game.

Maybe those who really, really, want Kalos could do us all a favour and start up a new thread on it? I feel like I see the same names and same arguments over and over again when it's pretty obvious Kalos isn't returning.

Noy

I'm hoping we can get more of the legendries as shinies. Also, hoping for new outfits beside the 4; maybe, hat costumes for mons as well. I wonder if they'll give us a chance to conclude the "Treasure Hunt", instead of leaving it open ended, and eternal. Hopefully, they'll also fix most of the visual bugs by the time they release any DLC.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm hoping we can get more of the legendries as shinies. Also, hoping for new outfits beside the 4; maybe, hat costumes for mons as well. I wonder if they'll give us a chance to conclude the "Treasure Hunt", instead of leaving it open ended, and eternal. Hopefully, they'll also fix most of the visual bugs by the time they release any DLC.
I think the real treasure that the player is supposed to find is friendship and cooperation. I know it sounds cheesy and cliché but it makes sense as friendships were heavily incorporated with the entire story and you got help from fellow students all throughout the game. Penny was concerned for her Team Star friends that she covertly helped you get them to stop focusing on Team Star and waiting for the “big boss” to return instead of attending classes. Arven was willing to do anything to help Mabosstiff get better and aided you in the second stage of the Titans path. And Nemona was the friend that guided you through the Gym and Pokémon League Path. And all three helped you explore Area Zero and become better friends with each other. Without them, the PC would have accomplished nothing that noteworthy except becoming Champion.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Mega evolutions are not going to return. No videogame producer is ever going to tank their own new work by reintroducing old faves in a new game.

Maybe those who really, really, want Kalos could do us all a favour and start up a new thread on it? I feel like I see the same names and same arguments over and over again when it's pretty obvious Kalos isn't returning.
Or you just can ignore the posts mentioning it instead of trying to police what people can speculate about in a speculation thread?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Anyone want to predict what Pokemon will be added to the DLC? I'm thinking something like this:

New Pokemon:
Beast trio ancient Paradox (Scarlet)
Muskedeer trio future Paradox (Violet)
Disc Pokemon
1-2 additional Paradox Pokemon per version
1 new Paldea variant and/or convergent evo

Old Pokemon:
Johto starters
Unova starters
Kalos starters
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Spearow/Fearow
Ekans/Arbok
Nidorans
Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Tentacool/Tentacruel
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Doduo/Dodrio
Seel/Dewgong
Onix/Steelix
Koffing/Weezing
Tangela/Tangrowth
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Lapras
Munchlax/Snorlax
Sentret/Furret
Ledyba/Ledian
Spinarak/Ariados
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Wynaut/Wobbuffet
Gligar/Gliscor
Snubbull/Granbull
Slugma/Magcargo
Smeargle
Poochyena/Mightyena
Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon
Taillow/Swellow
Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Skitty/Delcatty
Mawile
Plusle/Minun
Volbeat/Illumise
Budew/Roselia/Roserade
Spinda
Castform
Kecleon
Chingling/Chimecho
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
Bidoof/Bibarel
Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
Cherubi/Cherrim
Buneary/Lopunny
Glameow/Purugly
Patrat/Watchog
Unova monkeys
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Ducklett/Swanna
Furfrou
Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Pyukumuku
Minior
Clobbopus/Grapploct
Milcery/Alcremie
Morpeko
Wyrdeer
Kleavor
Ursaluna
Basculegion
Sneasler
Overqwil
Bird trio
Mewtwo
Beast trio
Weather trio
Pixie trio
Creation trio
Heatran
Cresselia
Muskedeer trio
Kami quartet
Tao trio
Creation trio
Celebi

Bus

Or you just can ignore the posts mentioning it instead of trying to police what people can speculate about in a speculation thread?
Alright, I apologize in advance for this hot take, but in response to your reply to them:

Or people can stop making the Mega discussion the new 'Dexit'; I mean this with all due respect, but people whining about this need to just grow up and move on. It derails discussion and is honestly a waste of time for those discussing it and those having to sift through all the replies just to get to something actually worth reading.

Its a feature that's been gone for 3 gens and you all know its not returning outside of a remake of its origin gen. It'd be like derailing a Final Fantasy speculation thread to hope and 'wonder' if traditional Turn-Based Combat is coming back. The series has moved on and evolved and clearly uses new combat mechanics for each of its new iterations, so you're not getting that style back outside of an upscaled port.

When the feature you desire is not in, and you KNOW its not in, then its no longer speculation, so by your own reasoning it doesn't belong here.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Or people can stop making the Mega discussion the new 'Dexit'; I mean this with all due respect, but people whining about this need to just grow up and move on. It derails discussion and is honestly a waste of time for those discussing it and those having to sift through all the replies just to get to something actually worth reading.
It's really not that deep lol. Just ignore the users who talk about Kalos if it bothers you that much. There's a whole button for it. I don't expect it myself but that doesn't give me the right to tell them what they can or can't talk about. Don't know why you're making all Kalos discussion about Megas when people have wanted it for more/other reasons than it. Only whining here is from people upset that others are speculating on things they don't believe will return and telling them to grow up instead of ignoring it.
When the feature you desire is not in, and you KNOW its not in, then its no longer speculation, so by your own reasoning it doesn't belong here
Last time I checked all we have about the DLC is vague hints from a leaker. The likelihood for them returning isn't exactly high to me either but when did we get explicit confirmation that it's not?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Its a feature that's been gone for 3 gens and you all know its not returning outside of a remake of its origin gen
Three?

The last I checked, Megas were in all of the Gen7 games too. They also show up in Masters, Pokken, and Smash. And they're currently a big part of Pokemon Go.

So at best, you could say they've been gone for two generations, and that's only if you consider the mainline games.

The series has moved on and evolved and clearly uses new combat mechanics for each of its new iterations, so you're not getting that style back outside of an upscaled port.

When the feature you desire is not in, and you KNOW its not in, then its no longer speculation, so by your own reasoning it doesn't belong here.
But see...that's part of the problem. The series hasn't moved on. Or at least it hasn't fully moved on. They're sending a mixed message by keeping Megas in some parts of the active franchise. So its hard to blame people for wanting them to return to mainline games when they're featured as in other Pokemon properties.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
On the note of spinoffs it should be noted that Megas aren't the only gimmick that has popped up in them. Masters includes all of the gimmicks as Dynamax and Z-Moves are also present alongside Megas (and I'm pretty sure Terastallization will be as well within the next two years) while Smash and Pokken is the same with Z-Moves (Incineroar's basically his Z-Move given the Final Smash treatment and Decidueye's Burst Attack similarly takes cues from its own). The only spinoff where Megas is given favorability over the others is Go, but outside of that the spinoffs have been trying to pay homage to all of the gimmicks that existed at the time to varying extents.

Meffi

I expect from the DLC the following:

-a hopeful great story with the 3rd Legendary. It will be interesting bc we havent in SW/SH the same Situation! I think one whole DLC will play out in AZ and find more about it
-Carbink and Diancie are Transfer only.. i could see them do some sidequests. Think of Keldeo in Crowns
-Volcanion is also transfer only after it was also in Shield transfer only. Maybe also something bc second in a row as a mythical
-Groudon, Kyogre and Raquaza is also transfer only.. this could be interessting. When they decide to do something with them.. what could it be?
- I hope they reuse/reimagine more Megas into Paradox Pokemon. The Feature is great! the Forms are new Pokemon. So we will keep them around and People really really like them like Megas before. Its a very good substitute
- I think the second Part will play in the hidden landmaß. Call it southern Kalos, northern Palde. It will be something like that
- I dont think the third Legendary have a link to Zygarde. Nor Kalos Leggys Yveltal Xerneas will play a role. They would probably already be transfer only.
-Megas coming back? Maybe! its a bit fishy the weather trio(Raquaza etc.) is tranfer only. I think it doesnt look to broken comepetive wise with Teras. I could see it bc Fans still love it and i could see to work it with only Tera beside that accessible. having it only available in the DLC makes also sense to give Tera the spotlight it deserves. (i personally would rather prefer to bring more Paradox with Mega influence bc we will keep that forever)
- I dont see special Forms for Tera Pokemon. i think we would see them already in the basegame or atleast some hints about them.

my 2 cents:)

Luthor

Continuing the topic of wanting more Paradox mons....considering only Kommo-o and Metagross are absent while every other psuedo is in, I'd like it if they gave us new Paradox forms of them. Maybe something like (off the top of my head)....

Clanging Mo-o or Iron Dragon for Kommo-o

Stomping Spider or Iron Genius for Metagross

If they are going to add more paradox pokemon (apart from the ones seen in the books) Kommo-o & Metagross seem quite plausible. Obviously its not confirmed but given a few of the paradox Pokemon are already based on Pseudos so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Even if they don't get any new form like a paradox pokemon or a paldea form I can very easily see both of those as being added to DLC roster as they work well for postgame as Psuedos are strong which is pretty useful for DLC (which often adds a lot of legendary Pokemon) and for potentially useful for those who play competitive and they could easily be version exclusive counterparts.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If they are going to add more paradox pokemon (apart from the ones seen in the books) Kommo-o & Metagross seem quite plausible. Obviously its not confirmed but given a few of the paradox Pokemon are already based on Pseudos so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Even if they don't get any new form like a paradox pokemon or a paldea form I can very easily see both of those as being added to DLC roster as they work well for postgame as Psuedos are strong which is pretty useful for DLC (which often adds a lot of legendary Pokemon) and for potentially useful for those who play competitive and they could easily be version exclusive counterparts.
Metagross I’d like to see a Past Paradox mostly because it is already robotic and it’d be cool to see what it could look like if you made it less robotic.