• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Metagross I’d like to see a Past Paradox mostly because it is already robotic and it’d be cool to see what it could look like if you made it less robotic.
The x on its face resembles an ancient Greek analogue computer I could see them going the whole way with a past paradox Metagross

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Anyone want to predict what Pokemon will be added to the DLC? I'm thinking something like this:

As I've said before, I'd want Hoenn and Sinnoh starters + Litten as my top pick.

I really want the game to have all starters though

I'm surprised SwSh didn't have those but all things considered, I see not much of an issue implementing all of them for SV

But see...that's part of the problem. The series hasn't moved on. Or at least it hasn't fully moved on. They're sending a mixed message by keeping Megas in some parts of the active franchise. So its hard to blame people for wanting them to return to mainline games when they're featured as in other Pokemon properties.

I'd say it's a strange way to make a compromise: GF wants to move away from megas duo possibly that creative block that prevented Mega Flygon from being a thing but they found out people really like the mechanic so they make this compromise in the sense that, while it's not in the games, you can still use it elsewhere.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I don't have a lot of expectations/hopes, except:

- a proper battle facility,
- new Champion-ranked trainers,
- If we are getting extra Paradox forms beside the Beasts/Musketeers, I would like Yanmega and/or Flygon to get something,
- Butterfree and Golisopod being added (Butterfree is nearly impossible though. Too weak for post-game content and they already signaled with SwSh those super weak early mon are not meant to be added later).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don't have a lot of expectations/hopes, except:

- a proper battle facility,
- new Champion-ranked trainers,
- If we are getting extra Paradox forms beside the Beasts/Musketeers, I would like Yanmega and/or Flygon to get something,
- Butterfree and Golisopod being added (Butterfree is nearly impossible though. Too weak for post-game content and they already signaled with SwSh those super weak early mon are not meant to be added later).
Golisopod I can see making it in as it is a pretty good Pokémon to use especially if you run First Impression, Razor Shell, Swords Dance, and Liquidation. Emergency Exit is also quite useful in Trainer battles.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Anyone want to predict what Pokemon will be added to the DLC? I'm thinking something like this:

New Pokemon:
Beast trio ancient Paradox (Scarlet)
Muskedeer trio future Paradox (Violet)
Disc Pokemon
1-2 additional Paradox Pokemon per version
1 new Paldea variant and/or convergent evo

Old Pokemon:
Johto starters
Unova starters
Kalos starters
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Rattata/Raticate
Spearow/Fearow
Ekans/Arbok
Nidorans
Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel
Tentacool/Tentacruel
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Doduo/Dodrio
Seel/Dewgong
Onix/Steelix
Koffing/Weezing
Tangela/Tangrowth
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Lapras
Munchlax/Snorlax
Sentret/Furret
Ledyba/Ledian
Spinarak/Ariados
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Wynaut/Wobbuffet
Gligar/Gliscor
Snubbull/Granbull
Slugma/Magcargo
Smeargle
Poochyena/Mightyena
Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon
Taillow/Swellow
Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Skitty/Delcatty
Mawile
Plusle/Minun
Volbeat/Illumise
Budew/Roselia/Roserade
Spinda
Castform
Kecleon
Chingling/Chimecho
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
Bidoof/Bibarel
Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
Cherubi/Cherrim
Buneary/Lopunny
Glameow/Purugly
Patrat/Watchog
Unova monkeys
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Ducklett/Swanna
Furfrou
Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Pyukumuku
Minior
Clobbopus/Grapploct
Milcery/Alcremie
Morpeko
Wyrdeer
Kleavor
Ursaluna
Basculegion
Sneasler
Overqwil
Bird trio
Mewtwo
Beast trio
Weather trio
Pixie trio
Creation trio
Heatran
Cresselia
Muskedeer trio
Kami quartet
Tao trio
Creation trio
Celebi
I gave this one a like for remembering Minior. That little guy's my favorite Generation VII Pokémon, and my favorite Rock-type and favorite Flying-type, and I want it to stop being snubbed.

I had initial concerns that the fact that it rotates continuously would make it hard to implement a Terastal crown for it (and I figured that was the same reason the Klink line didn't get in), but seeing th crown hover above Rabsca's spinning ball, I can see them doing the same with Minior and the Klink line.

Also Furfrou, whom I hope you can take to the barber shops, I presume, for a trim.

Alright, I apologize in advance for this hot take, but in response to your reply to them:

Or people can stop making the Mega discussion the new 'Dexit'; I mean this with all due respect, but people whining about this need to just grow up and move on. It derails discussion and is honestly a waste of time for those discussing it and those having to sift through all the replies just to get to something actually worth reading.

Its a feature that's been gone for 3 gens and you all know its not returning outside of a remake of its origin gen. It'd be like derailing a Final Fantasy speculation thread to hope and 'wonder' if traditional Turn-Based Combat is coming back. The series has moved on and evolved and clearly uses new combat mechanics for each of its new iterations, so you're not getting that style back outside of an upscaled port.

When the feature you desire is not in, and you KNOW its not in, then its no longer speculation, so by your own reasoning it doesn't belong here.
The Dragon Quest games still use the same battle system it did before, and I think that's part of why it's been steadily gaining ground in the west since Dragon Quest VIII.

I expect from the DLC the following:

-a hopeful great story with the 3rd Legendary. It will be interesting bc we havent in SW/SH the same Situation! I think one whole DLC will play out in AZ and find more about it
-Carbink and Diancie are Transfer only.. i could see them do some sidequests. Think of Keldeo in Crowns
-Volcanion is also transfer only after it was also in Shield transfer only. Maybe also something bc second in a row as a mythical
-Groudon, Kyogre and Raquaza is also transfer only.. this could be interessting. When they decide to do something with them.. what could it be?
- I hope they reuse/reimagine more Megas into Paradox Pokemon. The Feature is great! the Forms are new Pokemon. So we will keep them around and People really really like them like Megas before. Its a very good substitute
- I think the second Part will play in the hidden landmaß. Call it southern Kalos, northern Palde. It will be something like that
- I dont think the third Legendary have a link to Zygarde. Nor Kalos Leggys Yveltal Xerneas will play a role. They would probably already be transfer only.
-Megas coming back? Maybe! its a bit fishy the weather trio(Raquaza etc.) is tranfer only. I think it doesnt look to broken comepetive wise with Teras. I could see it bc Fans still love it and i could see to work it with only Tera beside that accessible. having it only available in the DLC makes also sense to give Tera the spotlight it deserves. (i personally would rather prefer to bring more Paradox with Mega influence bc we will keep that forever)
- I dont see special Forms for Tera Pokemon. i think we would see them already in the basegame or atleast some hints about them.

my 2 cents:)

I want:

- To change the color of my character's eyes and eyebrows
- For Game Freak's people to show up somewhere and to battle the director
- More trainer classes to battle (a LOT got taken out to make room for Students, most notably Swimmers, Ace Trainers, Lasses, Psychics, Engineers, Doctors, and Police)
- Some kind of minigame or sidequest akin to Pokémon Contests, Pokémon Musicals, or the like
- Looker to make an appearance (he has shown up in at least one game every generation since IV, though for VIII, it was a side-game: Pokémon Masters EX)
- More battle courts (and for other ones than the Academy, Medali, Pokémon League interiors, and Cabo Poco to be usable online)
- Characters from other regions coming to visit
- Means to evolve Pokémon introduced in Hisui, like the Peat Block, Black Augurite, etc.

These are probably very strange things I wish for, but for me, flavor is a big part of what I like about Pokémon. Paldea's had plenty of that, but I feel these can add that little bit extra to feel more complete.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
The only thing I'm hoping for with the DLC is that all the 27 or so Pokemon not in any switch game are added in.
As well as maybe a few new areas, and some performance fixes.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
- More trainer classes to battle (a LOT got taken out to make room for Students, most notably Swimmers, Ace Trainers, Lasses, Psychics, Engineers, Doctors, and Police)
In a datamine a character was found to have the Lady trainer class, so I do think that the DLC will have more trainer classes, probably in a vacation/graduation DLC, Ace Trainers were strangely absent from SwSh too, I wonder why Gamefreak is phasing out of them

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I gave this one a like for remembering Minior. That little guy's my favorite Generation VII Pokémon, and my favorite Rock-type and favorite Flying-type, and I want it to stop being snubbed.

I had initial concerns that the fact that it rotates continuously would make it hard to implement a Terastal crown for it (and I figured that was the same reason the Klink line didn't get in), but seeing th crown hover above Rabsca's spinning ball, I can see them doing the same with Minior and the Klink line.

Also Furfrou, whom I hope you can take to the barber shops, I presume, for a trim.

Yeah, I specifically included all Pokemon that haven't appeared in a Switch game. There's only 29 of them left, so this should be highly reasonable for them to include at this point.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
If Zebstrika comes back they should give it a busted physical electric sig move, idk why they neglect it so much
They gave Heatmor of all mons a sig move in gen 7 when it wasn't even in the regional dex so it can happen again

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
In a datamine a character was found to have the Lady trainer class, so I do think that the DLC will have more trainer classes, probably in a vacation/graduation DLC, Ace Trainers were strangely absent from SwSh too, I wonder why Gamefreak is phasing out of them
I’m not expecting a vacation/graduation DLC unless the game locks you out of all the DLC content until you beat the main story first.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Honestly, after seeing what we got with the SWSH Expansions & Legends, I’m not predicting the DLC & just waiting to see what they have planned.

The one thing I’ve realized is that, especially since Gen 5, the most predictable thing about Game Freak is that they’re unpredictable & they try not to do the same thing twice. Even with their remakes & third games they always try to do something different to make them stand out & update the players’ experience

Whatever they have planned for the DLC is definitely going to be something most of us aren’t even expecting

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly, after seeing what we got with the SWSH Expansions & Legends, I’m not predicting the DLC & just waiting to see what they have planned.

The one thing I’ve realized is that, especially since Gen 5, the most predictable thing about Game Freak is that they’re unpredictable & they try not to do the same thing twice. Even with their remakes & third games they always try to do something different to make them stand out & update the players’ experience

Whatever they have planned for the DLC is definitely going to be something most of us aren’t even expecting
You make some good points but I still think there will be some sort of continuation of Area Zero. The machine may have been shut down but it still is mostly intact and wasn’t taken apart so a plot where it reactivates somehow and release wild Paradox and regional forms of Pokémon would make sense. Maybe even most of the Fossils too. There was never any actual confirmation that the time machine was ever fully deactivated as you only shut it down along with the android professor.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
eh ngl, what I actually want for the inevitable DLC, is to have more than 2 waves of DLC. Mainly because there's more they could do with Paldea. Area Zero is obvious, a postgame storyline (there is no postgame storyline, Storyline 4 was still part of the main story) like maybe with an antagonistic "twist", more storylines based in locations that are based on Spain's island territories etc.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the creators of the franchise have made it very clear that due to data constraints, Dexit is gonna remain for the foreseeable future.
I think it's lazy not trying to include every pokemon in a game, even if it takes more years instead of a rush-job and takes a bit more storage on a device. That way they can release less glitchy games and polish them.

Luthor

I don't think this will happen but for DLC I'd like to see some more cross gen-evolutions/pre evolutions (even if only those related to DLC exclusive Pokemon) . I've quite enjoyed their return and I'd always like to see more. If that does not happen any Paldean Forms or paradox forms would be cool too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think this will happen but for DLC I'd like to see some more cross gen-evolutions/pre evolutions (even if only those related to DLC exclusive Pokemon) . I've quite enjoyed their return and I'd always like to see more. If that does not happen any Paldean Forms or paradox forms would be cool too.

I don't think it's quite outside the realm of possibility for there to be new cross gens in the DLC. They've already established that we can get new cross-gens mid gen with LA, introducing new ones in DLC is unprecedented, but not far off from what they've done before, they've broken crazier precedents than that.

ShadowForce720

I think it's lazy not trying to include every pokemon in a game, even if it takes more years instead of a rush-job and takes a bit more storage on a device. That way they can release less glitchy games and polish them.
That’s not how things work. They aren’t having a new main series game come out every year because they are lazy it’s because are literally required to and could get in a lot of trouble if they don’t release a new main series games within a expected time frame.

Also the main series games always having every single Pokémon is not really feasible as more and more Pokémon get added, as eventually you start getting to the point where work on the Pokémon alone takes and years just because of the amount that it delays them from finishing the rest of the game.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Same to me that's the best part of both PLA and SV. Kind of jumping back and forth on a gut feeling of Eevee getting a new evolution or two.

Pokemon Power

OK, I suggest we make it a rule for this thread. Do not discuss/complain about Dexit.

Baggie_Saiyan

Problem with Mega's is they already have a limited pool of Pokemon and with Dexit that pool is gonna get smaller which is why I think they made the decision to abandon them for Gen 8. I'll be very surprised if they bring them back tbh

Tbh I personally do not get the appeal of them anyway since the majority of the designs are pretty goofy looking & let's not even talk about the likes of Slowbro...