• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Luthor

It's a bit of a mess regardless of if you take its ancient origin at face value or if you believe that it was made up from Heath's imagination, since the Scarlet book is 200 years old and the Brass Tower only burned down 150 years ago. So Heath and his team shouldn't really have been familiar with Suicune(or any of the other legendary beasts that inspired the sketch) in the first place. Unless there's 50+ years between the time GS and SV take place which I find pretty unlikely.

This is why I think its more a combination.
Here's my speculation though I'vs seen other people suggest similar
I think its a bootstrap paradox of a sort. I think the paradox Pokemon were unintentionally created by Turo/Sada (inspired by heath's books) but then were sent to heath's time where heath encountered them (either physically or hallucination/future vision etc) and then inspired their own creation when he wrote the books based on what he either saw or believed he saw. Thus heath and his team would not need to be familiar with the brass tower.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The main thing I'm interested in knowing with the DLC is what the level scaling, if any, will be like. I've heard it said that you can go to the DLC zones as early as the beginning of your treasure hunt, and I'm keen to know what levels the Pokemon in Kitakami will be, because I wouldn't mind having Fezandipiti on a playthrough team if you can get it early.
I'm guessing the Indigo Disk will be similar to the Crown Tundra where you technically can go there early but everything will be high level so there's no point until post game, and I'm hoping the Teal Mask will be fairly low levelled to start with like the Isle of Armour.
It said that they take place after the events of base SV so they will probably be high levels

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm going to speculate on types.

Okidogi-Grass/Poison
Fezandipiti-Fire/Poison
Monkidori-Water/Poison

Ogrepon-Dark/Grass

However with the masks and the c\forms, colors being different for all of them, I think their typings will also change.

Okidogi-Grass/Fairy or Psychic
Fezandipiti-Fire/Fairy or Psychic
Monkidori-Water/Fairy or Psychic

Ogrepon-Fighting/Grass

The idea is that naturally they are stronger than Ogrepon's base form and can usually handle the little troublemaker, but when it finds its mask and starts causing trouble they have to take on stronger forms to take it on.

For Terapagos I believe it will be Rock/Dragon, due to be crystaline and sharing the dragon typing along the Raidons.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It said that they take place after the events of base SV so they will probably be high levels
Teal Mask I’m thinking most Pokémon will be in the mid 40s so it won’t be too hard if you go there before finishing the Champion Path yet not to easy if you completed all of the paths. That way you don’t have to worry about grinding to have Pokémon with levels that are high enough to get through parts of the DLC. The base story of SV already with having to grind a lot just to defeat Eri and Ortega who are ridiculously difficult to defeat even if you’ve defeated all the Gym Leaders. Not saying that those two should be extremely easy to take out as some challenge is to be expected from two of the last main human bosses of the game but when the Titan duo of Dondozo and Tatsugiri are easier to be taken out by Pokémon in their 30s (specifically with Sturdy Garganacl’s Salt Cure being the first move) than a level 60 Annihilape against Eri’s Lucario (which only has three moves) and the Starmobile, there’s a problem.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

For Terapagos I believe it will be Rock/Dragon, due to be crystaline and sharing the dragon typing along the Raidons.

I think Terapagos is gonna have a Multitype deal doing on, given all the type symbols on its shell. Thus, I think it'll start out Normal like Silvally and Arceus.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think Terapagos is gonna have a Multitype deal doing on, given all the type symbols on its shell. Thus, I think it'll start out Normal like Silvally and Arceus.
Its possible, I'm thinking it may be like Color Change + Judgement/Tera Blast.

If its base form is Rock/Dragon it already becomes defensive against ice and changing its type for stab or tera type along with that would be pretty great.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I hope the rumor of the Paradox Pokemon being imagined instead of really from the past/future is untrue, it really kind of cheapens the concept because it makes them feel somewhat arbitrary. I mean you could've imagined them to be anything.

This is especially true for the future Paradoxes because the future usually turns out different from what you imagine and the idea of what's "futuristic" changes with time and technology. I mean think about 100-200 years ago, would they have imagined futuristic Pokemon looking like this? Of course not, steel technology wasn't this advanced then, they'd probably imagine something more steampunk. Likewise, the concept of the future 100-200 years from now might look totally different if new technologies we can't even imagine are introduced.
That's true, when you think about it in terms of our own reality. However, as a friend of mine pointed out to me, the Pokemon world has its timeline and its own pace for technological advancement. In fact, when you consider the fact that robot-like Pokemon such as the Magnemite family and especially the Regis were already around during Heath's time, him imagining a future where all Pokemon are robots/cyborgs isn't so strange. The concept of robots and beings made of steel would have already been ingrained in the human consciousness.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I am thinking the same only it has a specific item it can only hold and use that activates the type changing aspect. I’m thinking it will only be able to change types freely when Terastallized to keep things balanced and help explain why the Tera symbols are on its shell.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think it would be interesting if instead of changing its own type, it could change the enemy’s type/Tera type since the other already happened a few times
What about stealing enemies Terra Type/Terrastalation?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I hope the rumor of the Paradox Pokemon being imagined instead of really from the past/future is untrue, it really kind of cheapens the concept because it makes them feel somewhat arbitrary. I mean you could've imagined them to be anything.

This is especially true for the future Paradoxes because the future usually turns out different from what you imagine and the idea of what's "futuristic" changes with time and technology. I mean think about 100-200 years ago, would they have imagined futuristic Pokemon looking like this? Of course not, steel technology wasn't this advanced then, they'd probably imagine something more steampunk. Likewise, the concept of the future 100-200 years from now might look totally different if new technologies we can't even imagine are introduced.
If the imagination theory isn't true, then I believe the theory that Paradox Pokemon are time displaced anomalies ripped out from different timelines not of our own (adhering to the Pokemon world) and are not the actual ancestors or predecessors of the Pokemon they resemble.

Since there is statements in the games about some of the past Pokemon having no fossil records at all.

Manbis

I think we can assume that the last dlc will add a raid system like frozen tundra. It was to popular to not add these things. Also gives people a reason to actually keep playing by catching all legendaries they dont already have. This time its not portals but the "imagination" power the game hinted at.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since Teal Mask take place in a new land, I feel it'd be a waste not to introduce new Regional Forms. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Gen IX 'mon get one in the same Gen it debuted in?

Red and Blue

Since Teal Mask take place in a new land, I feel it'd be a waste not to introduce new Regional Forms. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Gen IX 'mon get one in the same Gen it debuted in?
That would be nice. I could see a Kitakamian Tinkaton who was Fairy/Flying and used a giant paper fan instead of a hammer.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I believe that this new region is based on the Chukogu region of Japan, which is the southernmost portion of the main island of Honshu. It's pretty close to the island of Shikoku, where I believe that Paldea itself is based on.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I think we have some WILD imaginations running rampant in this thread and the paradox argument was handled when someone (I think Bolt) stated they’re PARADOXICAL POKÉMON. That’s really it. Something that cannot be explained or is logically unacceptable.

As far as the turtle, Stephen King would be proud.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Huh. So apparently, there's a poster on the Treasure Eatery front window that depicts the new Kitakami trio. They were foreshadowed months ago.
MORE LARRY CONTENT CONFIRMED *puts a giant red circle and arrow like a poketuber thumbnail*