• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I think that Riley has to be trolling no way someone actually thinks that the region with 3 tauros forms, Spanish phrases in the dialogue, schools with Spanish names, and a building based off of one of Spain's most famous landmarks is actually Japan

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Walking wake could've been an ancestor of the Pokémon that died and was resurrected as Suicune. I mean I don't think so because it's a paradox but if we take the ancient/future thing at face value there are still ways to explain things.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I think that Riley has to be trolling no way someone actually thinks that the region with 3 tauros forms, Spanish phrases in the dialogue, schools with Spanish names, and a building based off of one of Spain's most famous landmarks is actually Japan
Yeah, I suspected he was saying deliberately outrageous stuff to get a reaction. It is hardly unusual for somebody who is apparently still a kid (if their signature is telling the truth) to do a bit of harmless trolling from time to time, especially if they're a bit bored/lonely in the real world.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Walking wake could've been an ancestor of the Pokémon that died and was resurrected as Suicune. I mean I don't think so because it's a paradox but if we take the ancient/future thing at face value there are still ways to explain things.
If we actually try to make sense of it, perhaps Ho-Oh who was most likely still around in the past, ressurected another 3 type of Pokemon and Suicune, Entei and Raikou are just the natural basis in which Ho-Oh creates its avatars to be.

That being said, I truly do believe Paradox mons are time displaced Pokemon anomalies from other timelines that Sada's/Turo's time machine pulled from.

Instead of time travel, its more like a time manipulating gashapon machine.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
If we actually try to make sense of it, perhaps Ho-Oh who was most likely still around in the past, ressurected another 3 type of Pokemon and Suicune, Entei and Raikou are just the natural basis in which Ho-Oh creates its avatars to be.

That being said, I truly do believe Paradox mons are time displaced Pokemon anomalies from other timelines that Sada's/Turo's time machine pulled from.

Instead of time travel, its more like a time manipulating gashapon machine.
Past/future from other dimensions are a good way to solve any inconsistency. But I honestly wouldn’t mind if GF just went with “these are past and future” and refused to elaborate further.

My problem really is with the imagination theory, mainly for two reasons: (1) it cheapens the Paradox Pokémon and Koraidon/Miraidon by making them “not real Pokémon” and (2) it just doesn’t make sense narratively.

The game tells us Heath was a very respected scholar who led the expedition to Area Zero 200 years ago and published his findings in the Scarlet/Violet Book. His findings were so incredible, people turned on him saying he was lying and making up all that stuff.
He fell into discredit and vanished from the public eye until he was never seen anymore.
Presently, Sada/Turo, a genius child who believed in Heath’s book, grows up following his records and finally proves it was all true.

That’s how a story is properly told. The “imagination theory” being true would be basically saying that the people who laughed at Heath and ostracized him were right all along and the genius Sada/Turo was just a fool who believed made up creatures were real.

Copley Hill Gym

I think it's pretty simple TBH.

Walking Wake is the creature from which Suicune was created by Ho-oh.

By creating this "Paradox" Pokemon, the developers of this game have filled in the lore for G/S.

Savage creature killed in the tower fire gets resurrected in a new form by Ho-oh. Essentially, turning the savage beast into the elegant dog form we know.

It doesn't contradict the G/S lore by existing. None of the legendary dogs or Ho-oh are mentioned in Paldea at all. As a Paradox Pokemon, it has been brought forward in time to the present by the time machine.

This implies something we already know - there are more than one of each of the legendary Pokemon.

This particular Pokemon will never be resurrected to become Suicune - but another will in another part of the Pokemon world.

If anything, they've done a really cool retcon thing by creating the "original" form for Suicune that doesn't contradict that we already know in the canon.

I personally love it - but again, some storyline would have been nice with it. Not a dealbreaker!

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I think it's pretty simple TBH.

Walking Wake is the creature from which Suicune was created by Ho-oh.

By creating this "Paradox" Pokemon, the developers of this game have filled in the lore for G/S.

Savage creature killed in the tower fire gets resurrected in a new form by Ho-oh. Essentially, turning the savage beast into the elegant dog form we know.

It doesn't contradict the G/S lore by existing. None of the legendary dogs or Ho-oh are mentioned in Paldea at all. As a Paradox Pokemon, it has been brought forward in time to the present by the time machine.

This implies something we already know - there are more than one of each of the legendary Pokemon.

This particular Pokemon will never be resurrected to become Suicune - but another will in another part of the Pokemon world.

If anything, they've done a really cool retcon thing by creating the "original" form for Suicune that doesn't contradict that we already know in the canon.

I personally love it - but again, some storyline would have been nice with it. Not a dealbreaker!
I’m sorry, but I find that rather hard to believe, considering that Suicine is a mammal and Walking Wake is a dinosaur. Even considering that mammals evolved from reptiles, Walking Wake is clearly meant to be (like the other past Paradox Pokémon) an ancient Pokémon. Ho-Oh resurrected Suicune 150 years ago. There is no way this dromaeosaur-looking thing was around at that time.

Charizard7316

Does anyone think that they will release Paradox Forms for Entei and Raikou? I have seen a theory by a few that they would release them and they would combine with Walking Wake to form the entity in the drawing.

While I think that it is an interesting idea, I do remain unconvinced either way.

Also, does anyone else think we will get additional Paradox Forms in DLC?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Does anyone think that they will release Paradox Forms for Entei and Raikou? I have seen a theory by a few that they would release them and they would combine with Walking Wake to form the entity in the drawing.

While I think that it is an interesting idea, I do remain unconvinced either way.

ye they probably will to complete the trio. Same with Cobalion and Terrakion. Although without the fusion in the sketch that we saw.

And we'll likely get more paradox mons in the meantime as well since we're going back to Area Zero and the story behind it will seemingly get expanded, especially in Part 2 since we now know what the supposed disk mon is. (well, not really a disk but a turtle instead).

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

I doubt about Paradox Raikou, Entei, Cobalion and Terrakion... Perhaps them being incorporated via alternate formes of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves might be more possible on DLC...

We might get Paradox versions of Meganium, Feraligatr, Serperior, Emboar, Incineroar and Primarina...

divinepokemonXZ

I doubt about Paradox Raikou, Entei, Cobalion and Terrakion... Perhaps them being incorporated via alternate formes of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves might be more possible on DLC...

We might get Paradox versions of Meganium, Feraligatr, Serperior, Emboar, Incineroar and Primarina...
I don't think we are getting more Pokemon besides the ones revealed earlier this week. Did Khu say we were going to get additional Pokemon?

Pokemon Power

I believe that this new region is based on the Chukogu region of Japan, which is the southernmost portion of the main island of Honshu. It's pretty close to the island of Shikoku, where I believe that Paldea itself is based on.
Paldea is supposed to be based on Spain, which is far off.

Acer11

I have some questions about the "datamined" list of "returning" Pokemon:

1. Isn't it too early for a DLC to be datamined?
2. Would there be more craftable TMs?
3. Wouldn't the Illuminate ability be redundant in these games?
4. Would there be a possibility of potential new evolutions, regional forms, and convergent species of returning Pokemon?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have some questions about the "datamined" list of "returning" Pokemon:

1. Isn't it too early for a DLC to be datamined?
2. Would there be more craftable TMs?
3. Wouldn't the Illuminate ability be redundant in these games?
4. Would there be a possibility of potential new evolutions, regional forms, and convergent species of returning Pokemon?
There was a similar list when the update that added Galarian Slowpoke as a sneak peak for the SwSh DLC and that list was entirely accurate. It's not the actual DLC that's being datamined.

Too early to answer your other questions though.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I don't think we are getting more Pokemon besides the ones revealed earlier this week. Did Khu say we were going to get additional Pokemon?
I don’t think Khu knows the DLC content yet, he always avoid answering anything about it. He knew there would be a DLC, he knew about Suicune and Virizion (who are not part of the DLC) and only a few weeks ago he started talking about the third legendary.
Did he ever mentioned the Momotaro trio and Orgepon before this week?

Charizard7316

ye they probably will to complete the trio. Same with Cobalion and Terrakion. Although without the fusion in the sketch that we saw.

And we'll likely get more paradox mons in the meantime as well since we're going back to Area Zero and the story behind it will seemingly get expanded, especially in Part 2 since we now know what the supposed disk mon is. (well, not really a disk but a turtle instead).

Thank you for the good responses! I can definitely see both of your points and hope that we get additional Paradox Pokemon throughout the year.

Pokemon Power

They may keep a few DLC Pokemon a secret until release. Keep in mind they hid Calyrex's horses during promotion.
Yeah, they also didn't reveal Zarude right away when they announced the Sword and Shield expansion pass, because of its status as a Mythical Pokemon. Speaking of, I'm expect at least one new mythical to be added as DLC down the line.

divinepokemonXZ

I don’t think Khu knows the DLC content yet, he always avoid answering anything about it. He knew there would be a DLC, he knew about Suicune and Virizion (who are not part of the DLC) and only a few weeks ago he started talking about the third legendary.
Did he ever mentioned the Momotaro trio and Orgepon before this week?
I'm fairly certain he didn't know about Ogerpon and the Momotaro trio or he would have hinted at them more directly. But I do seem to recall him saying there might be more new Pokemon besides the third legends and the two new paradoxes.