• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Who cares if we technically don't have a bug legendary when you've narrowed the definition of a legendary to just a Suicune, Verizion, or Galarian Zapdos analog? I don't distinguish between them like that, ingame characters don't make the distinction between something like Eternatus and something like Jirachi, and even GameFreak only made the distinction for mystery gift or battle facility purposes.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That name won't fit since it's over 12 name characters.

How about Flying Horns?

It's a reference to Heracross and Mega Pinsir being able to fly.

Luthor

...Did people think they would?

Well we don't really know that much about them so far so hard to rule anything out. I don't even think we have it formally confirmed they are legendary or not. The description of them given as past heros makes me think that Okidogi, Munkidori & Fezandipiti are legendary Pokemon (unlike Ogerpon which was confirmed to be legendary.)

Pokemon Power

Centro is saying there is likely another DLC after The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero to be released sometime in 2024. There might be a Mega Evolution equivalent revealed in the DLC (the leaker didn't specify which one but it sounds like the first DLC). I wonder if Ogerpon could be connected somehow?
Well, I guess it would explain why the DLC isn't called "Scarlet and Violet Expansion Pass" like before with Sword and Shield.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
1280x720.jpg

I hope the physical + DLC bundle box art looks better than this haha

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I wonder what was even the point of revealing this DLC when it is not coming out for at least six months. We probably aren't even getting any new trailers or whatever until June. And to think there is apparently another set of DLC coming out at some point in 2024 (if Centro is correct).

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I wonder what was even the point of revealing this DLC when it is not coming out for at least six months. We probably aren't even getting any new trailers or whatever until June. And to think there is apparently another set of DLC coming out at some point in 2024 (if Centro is correct).
Because it was Pokemon Day and big reveals happen on this day. Remember Legends Arceus was revealed almost a year before it's release.

Acer11

At first, I thought of how Milcery evolves in Scarlet and Violet when it gets added in part 2 of the DLC. Then I realized that the spinning trick from Sword and Shield is present, except instead of performing a victory pose in the end, the player gets dizzy.

Acer11

They're probably not going to add that many Pokemon as an expansion when they only had 400 in the main game. Probably more like 100-150 per expansion, or 200-300 total (are they even going to do two expansions like they did with SwSh?).
Actually, I think they'll add 115 returning Pokemon to each part. My guess is that the 230 total would include Quagsire and the Hisuian Pokemon. My guess, The total Pokemon to be in the game with both DLC parts (and HOME-transferable Pokemon) would be around 675 Pokemon (not counting regional forms or form differences)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Actually, I think they'll add 115 returning Pokemon to each part. My guess is that the 230 total would include Quagsire and the Hisuian Pokemon. My guess, The total Pokemon to be in the game with both DLC parts (and HOME-transferable Pokemon) would be around 675 Pokemon (not counting regional forms or form differences)

115 is between 100 and 150. You're not actually disagreeing with me.

Luthor

Of all the Pokemon used to show off the returning Pokemon I was surprised Dewgong was one of the ones shown (not so much surprised it is returning but more that it was one of selected Pokemon confirmed to be returning in the initial DLC promotion). I admit there's no evidence it will but I'd like to see it finally get the evolution I've wanted it to get for a while now or at least a movepool buff.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Apparently purchasing the DLC &/or connecting to Pokemon Go may cause a bug that will delete your Scarlet & Violet save files -_- : https://kotaku.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-save-wipe-go-dlc-1850193690
Thankfully I haven't experienced this bug after buying the DLC, but it sounds horrible for anyone who has. I think I might have encountered a bug with the Mystery Gifts, because when I try putting in the code for Hisui Zoroark it keeps coming up with an error message saying "the server is busy, try again later".

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Thankfully I haven't experienced this bug after buying the DLC, but it sounds horrible for anyone who has. I think I might have encountered a bug with the Mystery Gifts, because when I try putting in the code for Hisui Zoroark it keeps coming up with an error message saying "the server is busy, try again later".
Not sure whether you may be inputting the code during a "busy" time but I was able to redeem my H-Zoroark code with no issues. Had no issues doing the Iron Leaves raid (performance-wise) or playing my game either. With Metagross being one of the confirmed returning Pokemon I already bred a Beast Ball Beldum on Sword to bring over.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Bought the DLC and to Hisuan Zoroark no problem.

My copy is the digital one, if that helps someway

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is sort of nebulous. Truth is, we don't know the cause of this problem. Some people experienced this without DLC or Go.
At any rate, it seems to be very rare (could also be a hardware issue like SD cards).
So the only real safe option is to not play the game at all until Game Freak fixes this?