• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Pokemon Power

Actually think that the Pokemon Heath saw and described by the book isn't actually Terapagos. In the lab there's a book where the creature was named with a 6 letter long name. Since we got a pre-evo today, I'll take it further by saying that it's a three stage line and there being also a regular evolution to Terapagos which is the Pokemon Heath saw in Area Zero and the monster in that one picture described in the Disc entry of the Scarlet&Violet book.

flQPghS.png
Good theory. Though during the pre-release for the main game, I thought Cyclizar was a pre-evolved form of Koraidon and Miraidon, which technically wasn't what it turned out to be. So don't get your hopes up just yet.

Red and Blue

Wonder how long until we get a official announcement for the baby Terapagos?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Actually think that the Pokemon Heath saw and described by the book isn't actually Terapagos. In the lab there's a book where the creature was named with a 6 letter long name. Since we got a pre-evo today, I'll take it further by saying that it's a three stage line and there being also a regular evolution to Terapagos which is the Pokemon Heath saw in Area Zero and the monster in that one picture described in the Disc entry of the Scarlet&Violet book.

flQPghS.png
I think that this might not be a pre-evo at all, but instead a weaker version of Terapagos similar to Zygarde 10%. I believe that Terapagos will be another Zygarde in that it has three separate forms with varying strength level, plus a bunch of cells and cores scattered around the world.

ShadowForce720

I think that this might not be a pre-evo at all, but instead a weaker version of Terapagos similar to Zygarde 10%. I believe that Terapagos will be another Zygarde in that it has three separate forms with varying strength level, plus a bunch of cells and cores scattered around the world.
I don’t they would make Terapagos basically the Paldean version of Zygarde. If anything what your suggesting sounds to much like Zygarde.

Honestly I think it’s more likely the new mon is a pre evolution to Terapagos, and that Terapagos itself either has an evolved form or some sort of other special form.

So basically like this:

Baby Terapagos - - -> Terapagos - - -> Terapagos evolution

Or

Baby Terapagos - - -> Terapagos< - - -> new Terapagos form

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I believe that Terapagos's Ultimate Form will basically be a terrifying crystalline dragon that is a Rock/Dragon type (its lesser forms are pure Rock type) and slightly resemble the iconic Monster Hunter monster Rathalos. Oh, and its ability gives it a boost to all its stats whenever it Terastalizes.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
The turtle teased in the new anime series looks to be a pre-evolved Terapagos, if it ends up being the case not sure if the Indigo Disk plot line would end being similar to that of Nebby in Gen 7. Terapagos looks to be a “final” form and it is up in the air if it gets a “powered up” form.

Copley Hill Gym

Not sure how saying something can potentially have a similar biology to Zygarde is remotely tied to being a Kalos fan. More obsessed with Kalos than the actual fans lol

Yeah, it's not as if the same few members have spoken about Kalos repeatedly, or talked about Kalos monsters, or that Zygarde is in fact from the Kalos games...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah, it's not as if the same few members have spoken about Kalos repeatedly, or talked about Kalos monsters, or that Zygarde is in fact from the Kalos games...
Literally only one person mentioned a potential Zygarde connection after today's new info from the anime and nothing from their post indicates they're a Kalos fan. It's not that serious lol.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, so we're all in agreement that new pokemon shown in the anime is the pre-evolved form of Terapagos? Yes? Okay.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'd like to take a guess: This is the form of Terapagos, whatever it'll be called, without its characteristic shell (or at least just the base part). Throughout the Indigo Disk, as well as through this stretch of the anime, there will be pieces of its shell that must be either collected or created, one for each of the 18 types. Once all 18 are collected, it'll assume the form seen in the Indigo Disk preview. Something else will trigger it further to assume the form seen in Heath's book.

Copley Hill Gym

I'd like to take a guess: This is the form of Terapagos, whatever it'll be called, without its characteristic shell (or at least just the base part). Throughout the Indigo Disk, as well as through this stretch of the anime, there will be pieces of its shell that must be either collected or created, one for each of the 18 types. Once all 18 are collected, it'll assume the form seen in the Indigo Disk preview. Something else will trigger it further to assume the form seen in Heath's book.

That's an interesting theory. I quite like that.

In the Sw/Sh DLCs there was a frankly ridiculous Diglett quest to go and find all the Diglett on the Isle of Amor. This harked back to something of the Zygarde cell quest in US/UM in fairness.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the poster above stating that Terapagos is going to be middle form, is probably right, and we haven't seen the final form yet. Terapagos doesn't have a crown on its head...

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
You mean collecting plates like in Legends Arceus?

Akashin

I like this theory, and I'd hazard a guess that the final form is triggered by Terastalization; a Terastal version of Ultra Burst, if you will. The crown in the book could easily be a Terastal crown, and it makes perfect sense for Terapagos to have some sort of unique interaction with the phenomena.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The fact that no Pokemon has a special unique Tera form like with Z-Moves or G-Max is pretty suspicious.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You mean collecting plates like in Legends Arceus?
Possibly. They may be scattered throughout or in possession of NPCs and you have to get it from them. But what I had in mind was something more like evolving Kubfu to Urshifu, where you earn plate pieces by completing challenges, though there'd be one for each type rather than just one total.

I was thinking the challenges would be tests of your adeptness of each type, whether that's done through people, through Pokémon, naturally, or some combination of them.

Akashin

Possibly. They may be scattered throughout or in possession of NPCs and you have to get it from them. But what I had in mind was something more like evolving Kubfu to Urshifu, where you earn plate pieces by completing challenges, though there'd be one for each type rather than just one total.

I was thinking the challenges would be tests of your adeptness of each type, whether that's done through people, through Pokémon, naturally, or some combination of them.
I think this could work. You have to challenge a Tera Pokemon of each type, and for defeating them you obtain a special Key Item version of that type's respective Tera Shard (or some other quantity of them, but it's functionally a Key Item either way so it really doesn't matter). Collecting and giving Tera Shards of each type to Terapagos unlocks the form of it we've had officially released, which has an ability that causes a special effect when it Terastalizes. Maybe its Ability is some sort of Tera Protean (the pre-Gen 9 version of it), and its Signature Move is a buffed Tera Blast.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Jusr ordered the DLC, it has strange release dates (I guess those are just placeholders):

This bundle contains:
Content 1: Part 1: The Teal Mask
To be released: 31/12/2023
Content 2: Part 2: The Indigo Disk
To be released: 30/4/2024
Content not playable before the release date. The payment is taken directly upon purchase.