• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Copley Hill Gym

Please don’t turn yet another thread on Paldea into a “I think/want to go to Kalos” conversation.

I’ve muted one specific member of this forum because of the interminable Kalos love in.

This games region is Paldea, which Game Freak have invested a lot of time, money, effort into developing and getting the region to imbue many Spanish/Latino/Mexican/south American themes.

We’re not going back to Kalos.

End thereof.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
That one clouded over area on the map could be a DLC area, but if it is revealed, I think it will likely have a unique character not connected to any past regions. As much as I would like a trip to Southern Kalos, I don’t think it’s likely that we will be revisiting that region outside of remakes or a PLA-style title.

I won’t rule it out completely though because anything is possible.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The DLC is more likely to be Andorra than Southern Kalos anyways

Luthor

I've said this before and I'll repeat myself:
I'm still thinking they will make the E4 freely rematchable in the DLC. Same with maybe the gym leaders as well. It's just that them not being rematchable is an intentional plot point in the DLC that'll be addressed due to needing to get a certain someone permanently out of the picture first due to shady and/or weird vibes.

It might make sense to upgrade the elite 4 and Gym Teams with the newly available Pokemon from DLC. Giving them each full teams like they have done with previous elites 4s like the oras elite 4 would add to the the rematches.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
It might make sense to upgrade the elite 4 and Gym Teams with the newly available Pokemon from DLC. Giving them each full teams like they have done with previous elites 4s like the oras elite 4 would add to the the rematches.
They should have fully competitive teams like in the BDSP rematches

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Please don’t turn yet another thread on Paldea into a “I think/want to go to Kalos” conversation.

I’ve muted one specific member of this forum because of the interminable Kalos love in.

This games region is Paldea, which Game Freak have invested a lot of time, money, effort into developing and getting the region to imbue many Spanish/Latino/Mexican/south American themes.

We’re not going back to Kalos.

End thereof.

Thank you. I'm sick of everyone talking about going back to Kalos. Look, I get it, Kalos got snubbed with them skipping Z and moving on to SM, I hated that move too (even in 2016 with the 20th anniversary it felt unnecessary to force a new generation when 3rd and 4th gen were 4 years, not 3, 6th gen absolutely should've been a 3 game generation even if it took 4 years). But they've long since moved on from Kalos so it's probably not even on their minds right now. Even with Galar and Paldea's IRL equivalents being right next door to France they don't really want to do anything more than a minor shoutout to Kalos, including Kalos in a Galar or Paldea game would just cause way too many problems (see: GSCHGSS' issues with having both Kanto and Johto). And if Galar didn't include Kalos in any way aside from one NPC conversation how can you expect Paldea to do anything more? Kalos is probably not happening until it's time for remakes 5-10 years from now. They're probably just focusing on Paldea right now and the DLC will probably have little to nothing to do with Kalos.

Orphalesion

That one clouded over area on the map could be a DLC area, but if it is revealed, I think it will likely have a unique character not connected to any past regions. As much as I would like a trip to Southern Kalos, I don’t think it’s likely that we will be revisiting that region outside of remakes or a PLA-style title.

I won’t rule it out completely though because anything is possible.
But again, it wouldn't be Kalos, it'd be a different region that's just part of "Poke France" together with Kalos. Just like the first four regions are all parts of "Poke Japan", or how Unova and Alola are both US-States.
The DLC is more likely to be Andorra than Southern Kalos anyways
Do you know how tiny Andorra is? If they keep it in proportion to Paldea it'd be just a town.
I think the Balearic islands would be a bit more suitable.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
But again, it wouldn't be Kalos, it'd be a different region that's just part of "Poke France" together with Kalos. Just like the first four regions are all parts of "Poke Japan", or how Unova and Alola are both US-States.
Which is what I said in the first sentence that you quoted:
That one clouded over area on the map could be a DLC area, but if it is revealed, I think it will likely have a unique character not connected to any past regions.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
In the Scarlet and Violet books there's a guy called Heath who is mentioned multiple times and he is shown with a Cyclizar so he is clearly unimportant and will not be expanded upon in the DLC about paradox Suicune and Virizion and Pokethoth, also he writes down that he strayed from the team and fell unconscious and when he woke up he found a page with his handwriting but doesn't remember writing it at all, I'm just saying that this game could possibly have the best legendary lore of the main games if done right

Last edited:

Luthor

They should have fully competitive teams like in the BDSP rematches

It'd certainly be possible. As these would be post-game when a full roster and items easily available it'd probably be even more fun.

In the Scarlet and Violet books there's a guy called Heath who is mentioned multiple times and he is shown with a Cyclizar so he is clearly unimportant and will not be expanded upon in the DLC about paradox Suicune and Virizion and Pokethoth, also he writes down that he strayed from the team and fell unconscious and when he woke up he found a page with his handwriting but doesn't remember writing it at all, I'm just saying that this game could possibly have the best legendary lore of the main games if done right

I'm very curious where they are going with these future DLC legendary Pokemon. Sword and Shield's DLC added multiple interesting legendary Pokemon so this DLC could easily do the same.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm very curious where they are going with these future DLC legendary Pokemon. Sword and Shield's DLC added multiple interesting legendary Pokemon so this DLC could easily do the same.
Im curious if they'll have the DLC be able to allow you to capture previous Legendaries through some way, like the Crown Tundra did :d

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Im curious if they'll have the DLC be able to allow you to capture previous Legendaries through some way, like the Crown Tundra did :d
They'll all just be chilling in Area Zero

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
My one big hope for the DLC is to capture Legendaries that are at least coded in the base game.

I would like to get an Enamorus without having to take it out of Legends Arceus.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just ignore the Kalos speculation lol. I don’t expect it but just because you don’t doesn’t mean anyone can’t speculate.

All I hope is that we get more than just “catch old Legendaries so they’re legal for competitive”. Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed the IoA more than the CT.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
One of the leakers believes that the DLC will be very large in scale so we'll probably get more than just a legendary catch-a-thon
I just hope that the DLC was worth $30, SwSh's DLC was good but $30 felt too much for what it was

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
My one big hope for the DLC is to capture Legendaries that are at least coded in the base game.

I would like to get an Enamorus without having to take it out of Legends Arceus.
Catching the genies in Legends Arceus is such a pain in the Arceus that I was never able to finish capturing them. This might seem like an unpopular opinion but tbh I hate L:A's catching mechanics, they are really stupid.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
One of the leakers believes that the DLC will be very large in scale so we'll probably get more than just a legendary catch-a-thon
I just hope that the DLC was worth $30, SwSh's DLC was good but $30 felt too much for what it was
Area Zero is essentially a guarantee but I don't really see anything else that could result in "very large in scale" aside from a twist reveal of an antagonist of a previous known character or something related to such. And I guess something like maybe travel to wherever AI Sada/Turo went or get a surprise debut by the other professor aka Turo in Scarlet and Sada in Violet.

Just hoping it'll be worth the trouble. And aren't side stories like IoA and CT were.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I mean they could easily make a Canary Islands, Balearic Islands (really hoping for this one), or Azores location for non Area Zero related DLC