• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Given how weird they were willing to allow Eternatus to be and that was a major legendary as well I suspect this legendary will be very weird when we can see it clearly.
I think that what the picture shows is just its containment device and when we fully see it it will just look like a bigger version of Cyclizar and it will even have the same type combination as Cyclizar (Normal/Dragon).

Luthor

I think that what the picture shows is just its containment device and when we fully see it it will just look like a bigger version of Cyclizar and it will even have the same type combination as Cyclizar (Normal/Dragon).

Interesting if that is the case. So as similar as Dudunsparce looks like Dunsparce? or more different?.

Baggie_Saiyan

I think we are getting Past Paradox Kommo-o and Future Paradox Metagross. They being the only pseudos out of the base game is suspicious.

I'm feeling we might get two big DLCs for this game, specially since it looks like they don't technically have much else for the two years until gen 10.

I mean, BDSP is quite recent so no need to release one and with DLC replacing third versions, they can improve on the game already out before the next big one.

Of course, baring the chance of a different kind of game like a new Legends, Let's Go or something else.

Still think it benefits them more just releasing two big DLC expansions. I could see 200-ish mons returning on each. But that's mostly wishful thinking of my part.
I think it'll be the other way around as Kommo-o is already more past looking and Metagross is already more future looking

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I have ideas for some new Paldean forms:

Buneary (Fire)
Lopunny (Fire/Fighting)
Golett/Golurk (Ground/Fighting)
Golisopod (Bug/Steel)
Minior (Rock/Ice) (Has regional evolution)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Another thing is I hope there's more than 1 set of regional forms for "regular" old Pokémon. I like the Galarian Slowpoke family but felt like a missed opportunity to not include more.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Another thing is I hope there's more than 1 set of regional forms for "regular" old Pokémon. I like the Galarian Slowpoke family but felt like a missed opportunity to not include more.
I think that they'll give regional variants to the Buneary line, Golett line, Golisopod, and Minior, with Paldean Minior getting a regional evolution.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I think a bird pokemon will get a regional form to look like a Rooster of Barcelos unless they decide to make that a mythical

Pokemon Power

If there are new Paldean forms, I think it should be of a Pokemon with a branched evolution, so that they can have a situation similar to the Galarian forms of the Slowpoke family.

Luthor

I think a bird pokemon will get a regional form to look like a Rooster of Barcelos unless they decide to make that a mythical

I could see them going legendary or mythical with that. There's already quite a lot of regular bird Pokemon in these games. Plus given what it is based on being a really well known tale that to me suits a Legendary or a Mythical.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
ay just what I've been waiting for, then again it might be a bait.

I actually hope to god Geeta is an antagonist, she's been giving off very shady vibes ever since I was pointed out on some of the reasons why she could be shady and having looked back and experienced them myself.
Not to mention the fact that at the current moment there are no E4 and Champion rematches, and this is the very first game where you can't rematch the Pokemon League.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
People are saying Heath might be a villain and I can see it but he is dead by now unless the third legendary gave him immortality but it would be funny if he was a red herring and all he wanted was really badass Cyclizar OCs.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I want to know the origin of Geeta's dislike for Larry, apparently in the Japanese version she doesn't even use any honorifics when talking about him and she seems disappointed whenever you choose him on her questionnaire about the gym leaders
They can't just leave us hanging like with the potential plot threads in XY that are unresolved

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Maybe it's all of the above? Centro said Heath, but they could be hiding that all of them have a role in the DLC. I can definitely buy that Geeta will play a role, and there's almost certainly going to be new characters (IoA and CT each had new characters). I think Centro is somewhat misleading us here.
I think Centro was just pointing out who Heath is, not saying that they will be the main focus of a potential DLC.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Maybe it's all of the above? Centro said Heath, but they could be hiding that all of them have a role in the DLC. I can definitely buy that Geeta will play a role, and there's almost certainly going to be new characters (IoA and CT each had new characters). I think Centro is somewhat misleading us here.
He’s just pointing Heath out. The options itself are originally from Khu.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The new characters in the poll may be the removed names from the page that has people who entered the Hall of Fame, the professor's name is in it but there's 5 names that are scratched out

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Regardless, I think there isn't just one correct answer and the true answer is "all of the above".
It'd be a real treat if Geeta is revealed to be an antagonist :]

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
It'd be a real treat if Geeta is revealed to be an antagonist :]
Geeta has to step down for doing bad things and Larry is voted in as chairman and top champion
The most satisfying character arc in pokemon