• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For the arctic wolf it'd be nice if they made a Paldean Form of Rockruff and Lycanroc, and the rock spikes in the Midday Form could easily be replaced by ice. Of course both Ice/Rock and Ice/Normal are terrible typings (well, pretty much everything with ice is a terrible typing) but they could do one of those regional forms that have a completely different typing.
So it could just be pure ice type. Or maybe Ice/Ghost?
I don't see they doing a regional form of a pokémon whose original form is in the game already.

I could see them doing it with a pokémon that isn't in the dex. Only exceptions would be region fakeconvergent evolution or paradox

Copley Hill Gym

They've definitely indicated that they are in some way linked. They used to appear together in Horde battles in X&Y (and in X&Y they are either gender variants or rivals or similar design concepts). They can also call each other as allies in SOS battles. Both are bovine-like Pokémon with the same base stat total and same typing (both when released were initially normal types) from closely related regions (Kanto and Johto). While Miltank is a female-only species, Tauros is a male-only species. Plus in the Alola games there's a small side quest in Parniola Ranch where a Miltank is brought in to calm down an aggressive young Tauros and as mentioned above they share a dex page. While they've never formally confirmed the full details of the relationship it they are at least considered counterparts. There's definitely enough for people to speculate from.

Counterparts is not the same as related species - which is kind of proving my point actually. The Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan comparison doesn't ring true, as you have Tyrogue which evolves into Hitmontop too - they are three evolutions from the same base, there is no such relationship for Tauros/Miltank.

From generation II up to Alola, there was no formal relationship between the two species. Even with the SM connection, they are still very much separate species.

Until there is a Tyrogue like monster which evolves between them, counterparts they remain - but not explicitly official ones.

Copley Hill Gym

Koraidon and Miraidon seem to be/are Paradox forms of Cyclizar. but that would be the only one.

A very fair point. I'd like to see more in that vein to be honest. Past/Future versions of Baxcalibur for example. A proper menacing looking ice spinosaurus creature and a future version too would be amazing.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
A very fair point. I'd like to see more in that vein to be honest. Past/Future versions of Baxcalibur for example. A proper menacing looking ice spinosaurus creature and a future version too would be amazing.
A future Baxcalibur would probably just be another Mecha Godzilla like Iron Thorns, but a Past one would be interesting. Whether they play into the Spinosaurus or Godzilla inspiration you'd get some pretty cool design ideas.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
There weren't any from Gens 6, 7, or 8 either. They all came from the first five gens. And Johto got the most, with Misdreavus, Delibird, Tyranitar, and the two Donphans, for a total of 5 Paradox Pokemon.
I want to see some Normal-type ones. That's the only type without a Paradox Pokémon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Although I'm thinking that Mantine, Claydol, and Klefki would get evolutions, along with a regional evo for Paldean Minior.

Orphalesion

I don't see they doing a regional form of a pokémon whose original form is in the game already.

I could see them doing it with a pokémon that isn't in the dex. Only exceptions would be region fakeconvergent evolution or paradox
I know it's less likely, but by this point I don't really think that we can completely exclude any possibility when it comes to which Pokemon get forms.
Counterparts is not the same as related species - which is kind of proving my point actually. The Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan comparison doesn't ring true, as you have Tyrogue which evolves into Hitmontop too - they are three evolutions from the same base, there is no such relationship for Tauros/Miltank.
But up until Gen II there was no such relationship for Himonchan and Hitmonlee either. In most languages their names aren't connected like in English (in theme yes, but not in shape). They look very different, and yes you get a choice between them, but when viewed in a vacuum that just made them like Omastar and Kabutops and especially when viewed only with the information available in Gen 1 it just made them look like they were one of those pairs of counter part species that Gen 1 had quite a few of (like, for example the Jigglypuff and Clefairy lines or Caterpie and Weedle)
So while I don't see it particularly likely that they'll ever gonna connect those two Pokemon, I do see why people would want it.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Apperantely Paldea can change the forms of any Pokemon that is not from Kalos so it makes sense
I think the fact that there are no regional forms of Sinnoh mons is more egregious Kalos at least got 2 in PLA

ShadowForce720

I think the fact that there are no regional forms of Sinnoh mons is more egregious Kalos at least got 2 in PLA
Plus Alolan and Galar mons haven’t gotten anything this gen so far and outside of Mega Audino it took until gen 8 before Unova mons finally started to get stuff.

In all honestly I wouldn’t be that surprised if Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos started getting some more stuff in this gen whether it winds up being from DLC or a future gen 9 game.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Plus Alolan and Galar mons haven’t gotten anything this gen so far and outside of Mega Audino it took until gen 8 before Unova mons finally started to get stuff.

In all honestly I wouldn’t be that surprised if Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos started getting some more stuff in this gen whether it winds up being from DLC or a future gen 9 game.
I mean Alola and Galar mons are still very recent additions so they're probably lower on the list of priorities of mons to bring new life to

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's my new Pokemon and forms predictions:

1st Mantine evo: Water/Flying
2nd Mantine evo: Water/Poison
Claydol evo: Ground/Psychic
Klefki evo: Steel/Fairy
Paldean Buneary: Fire
Paldean Lopunny: Fire/Fighting
Paldean Golett/Golurk: Ground/Fighting
Paldean Golisopod: Bug/Steel
Paldean Minior: Rock/Ice
Paldean Minior evo: Rock/Ice
Past Paradox Pikachu: Electric/Poison
Past Paradox Suicune: Water/Dragon
Past Paradox Metagross: Steel/Grass
Future Paradox Eevee: Normal/Rock
Future Paradox Virizion: Grass/Dragon
Future Paradox Kommo-o: Fire/Rock
3rd Legendary: Dragon/Normal
New Mythical: Poison/Fairy

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Predictions for new forms/regional variants of existing Pokemon

Paldean Totodile/Paldean Croconaw/Paldean Feraligatr: Water/Dragon
Paldean Lugia: Water/Psychic
Paldean Ho-Oh: Fire/Fairy
Paldean Houndoom: Ice/Fire
Paldean Ariados: Ice/Poison (Based on Frostbite Spiders from Skyrim)
Paldean Electivire: Electric/Fighting
Paldean Umbreon: Dark/Poison

Past Paradox Porygon: Normal/Flying (Based on a paper origami crane)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Being counterparts and related aren't mutually exclusive. They've been making that more apparent since XY that there is a connection to Tauros and Miltank. If other species like Sizzlipede and Venipede can be related without evolution, so can they.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Woobat and Zubat are unavailable right now, and there's a lot of bats in Spain, maybe a regional form for one of those two?

Luthor

Woobat and Zubat are unavailable right now, and there's a lot of bats in Spain, maybe a regional form for one of those two?

I'd definitely like to see it though there is already a bat in the form of Noibat. A regional form of Zubat or Woobat would be excellent so i'd like to see more bats.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I think the third legendary's name might be Wisher.

There is an in-game image of the creature found in Area Zero (I think) and there is some text in a box that appears to be "wisher" but written in Paldean cipher.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
As usual, the new Dex seems kind of light. Some new forms exclusive to a DLC area would be nice. Galarian Slowbro/Slowking were so nuts that it’d be great to get something like that again. Maybe a time distortion area that lets you get Hisuin Pokemon in the wild? Move Tutors would be welcome, especially for those moves that got culled, like Scald, Knock Off, and Roost. I think they should bring back some of the moves they removed, like Signal Beam, Refresh, and Tail Glow. Magnemite feels incomplete without Magnet Bomb and Mirror Shot.

Most importantly, let Abilities work in the field again. Synchronize should change natures like it has in the past. Right now it’s just a nightmare trying to catch wild Poke’s with the right natures, unless you want everything to be Gentle. We had mints in Gen VIII and Synchronize still worked flawlessly.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I like this legendary concept
Me too, it is one of the best concepts for a legendary Pokemon since Giratina, it's an eldritch entity that apparently has reality-changing powers that lets it literally make dreams come true.

I'm going to have to steal that concept for my own non-Pokemon-related WIPs, but I'll probably go for a more "cute" design like Jirachi.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm now thinking that the DLC might include a fifth Treasure of Ruin so that's there's one with an ability that harshly lowers Speed of all Pokemon except itself.