• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Luthor

My guess is that the first DLC wave will also involve Area Zero with maybe the time machine reactivating somehow and all sorts of Fossil Pokémon escape through the time portal that is created with only the Galar Fossils not being included since they aren’t natural creatures but rather Frankenstein like creations.

Its possible though they could also go the old fashioned way and just have it possible to find and restore the fossils in-game via a DLC area given that part of area zero would likely be underground we might just find the fossils on the ground post dlc. You could even have a Cara Liss (or if not her a fan/Relative/AI ) working there so they could include the Galar Fossils should they desire to. Remember at least some of the regular fossils may not look the the way we see them in the past if the dex is to be believed. They've stated that at least with Tyrantrum "complete restoration is impossible, allowing room for theories that its entire body was once covered in a feather-like coat" in the Ultrasun Dex and similar indications that Aerodactyl that it looked more like mega Aerodactyl (even if I don't care for that particular idea). If it was via time portals they might just imply the time portals go to some point in time but its not entirely clear when (thus leaving it possible they only come from the recent past) and thus these portals could just go to any point in the past (but variable points in space) where these had been restored already.

Last edited:

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
I just want some new clothing options.

Then GameFreak should make it happen.

Right now, several Pokémon can't receive new moves and abilities, because they cannot be transfered from HOME. At this point, what's the purpose of HOME if it's only to store your Pokémon. That's like placing money in an account you CANNOT use whenever you like.

Seriously, we're nearing 2023, so have Nintendo talk with GameFreak to see how to include every single Pokémon in the next games, maybe with limited box storages to force swapping, direct connectivity with HOME... or just a MUCH bigger game. Without every Pokémon, you can't have something like Gen 7's Battle Agency, because most trainers can't have their signature line-ups, and people have been asking for a suitable post-game for some times now. Pretty sure the Playstation 5 could get a Pokémon game with all 1,000+ critters.

If sport games can have all players, so can Pokémon with extra work.

So Gen 7 (SM, USUM) can have 809 transferrable Pokémon on 3DS, but a console much stronger than the 3DS cannot?

Well apparently they can't program the games right if they have people clipping through seams in the open world and falling into the abyss, so exactly how would they have the capacity to have all the Pokémon in?

And if Nintendo had any sort of pull with Pokémon, they definitely would've done something with the Treehouse Stream featuring the Dexit announcement being their most disliked video on their channel - forcing GameFreak and the rest of TPC to delay the games to get the Dexit situation fixed.

But nope, and the results were one of the most finically successful games on the Switch, a feat that would later be replicated with Scarlet and Violet. Sure, sales don't mean something's good, but it does tell them that regardless of the situation, it still makes money, and that's all that matters.

My main question about DLC is not the "if" but "when". I think, at this point, every generation starting game will get paid DLC.
I'm more curious about the timeline of how it will be distributed. This leads into my second question: will this be one-part or two-part?

Sword and Shield had a two part DLC. I could see that for SV, but I could also see them just adding one more section.

I'd argue that if anything we get an announcement in February for Pokemon Day, although they could mirror Sword/Shield and announce it January. As for the release, well that depends on the format - But I'd argue late June and/or early October would be the best.

I know Nintendo isn't Pokemon, but July and August seems to be a dead month for them, and I think Pokemon would probably follow suit since most North Hemisphere players would be busy enjoying the weather.

Then again, Pokemon Go released in July... Although that might give credit to the whole thing because of the whole enjoy the weather due to the focus of that game...

Copley Hill Gym

Dexit has ALWAYS been a thing though, really. Gen 3 introduced Ruby and Sapphire and you couldn't get the majority of two gens worth of Pokemon at that Pokemon.

Unless you had purchased the right console/had the cartridges/etc, every generation since Gen 1 has had a form of "Dexit" where there are conditions stopping you from having them all in one game. These are basically hardware restrictions that the most dedicated will not encounter.

Sword/Shield were the first to introduce software restrictions, where some were simply not coded in, for various reasons. This specific barrier is the thing which has caused complaints, even though realistically unless you religiously purchased every game and every console, the hardware limited your "catching them all", not the software.

Noy

hmm since the games have both past and future themes, if they do add fossil mons as part of DLC, they might also add something new like OopArts mons. basically Pokémon "remains" that don't seem to fit with the era they seem to be from; that result in unexpected/futuristic mons appearing during restoration.

Bus

hmm since the games have both past and future themes, if they do add fossil mons as part of DLC, they might also add something new like OopArts mons. basically Pokémon "remains" that don't seem to fit with the era they seem to be from; that result in unexpected/futuristic mons appearing during restoration.
Or they could finally give us Crystal Onix making him pure Rock type with Bombardier so Terrastralized STAB Rock moves will hit like a truck full of explosives.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I just want some new clothing options.

Well apparently they can't program the games right if they have people clipping through seams in the open world and falling into the abyss, so exactly how would they have the capacity to have all the Pokémon in?

And if Nintendo had any sort of pull with Pokémon, they definitely would've done something with the Treehouse Stream featuring the Dexit announcement being their most disliked video on their channel - forcing GameFreak and the rest of TPC to delay the games to get the Dexit situation fixed.

But nope, and the results were one of the most finically successful games on the Switch, a feat that would later be replicated with Scarlet and Violet. Sure, sales don't mean something's good, but it does tell them that regardless of the situation, it still makes money, and that's all that matters.

I'd argue that if anything we get an announcement in February for Pokemon Day, although they could mirror Sword/Shield and announce it January. As for the release, well that depends on the format - But I'd argue late June and/or early October would be the best.

I know Nintendo isn't Pokemon, but July and August seems to be a dead month for them, and I think Pokemon would probably follow suit since most North Hemisphere players would be busy enjoying the weather.

Then again, Pokemon Go released in July... Although that might give credit to the whole thing because of the whole enjoy the weather due to the focus of that game...
I think they'll announce DLC on Pokemon Day because SV didn't have a huge pre-launch controversy like dexit, and people will probably get mad if they focus on DLC before fixing the bugs (at least the ones that can crash your game and not the silly visual ones) and performance

Orphalesion

If they did a post-game DLC they could always say it happens during vacation time and let us wear something else.
That being said, clothing options are not my top priority for the DLC. While I'm not thrilled with the uniform choices, I think they are good enough.
What they could do is let us mix and matcht he pieces from the various uniforms, like how "Clive" wears the winter jacket with the summer shorts and things like that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't know if we'll even get non-uniform clothing choices. I unfortunately believe that those will be saved for the upcoming remakes.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't even care much for the uniform I'm using (I think it's the summer one), I just wished I could replace the shorts with pants. Only way is using the winter (I think) uniform, but I wanted to keep the shirt.

Acer11

I was thinking of Paldean Snorlax. I was also thinking of evolutions of existing Pokemon from the following:

Black Widow (Blakwidos) (Bug/Dark) A: Swarm/Toxic Boost/Poison Touch 95/110/85/70/70/80 (Evolves from female Ariados)

King Cobra (Gnikarbok) (Poison/Psychic) A: Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unnerve 85/115/79/75/89/95 (Evolves from Arbok)

Fire Squid (Keroctozene) (Water/Fire) A: Suction Cups/Pressure/Moody 105/115/75/125/85/45 (Evolves from Octillery)

Spot Panda (Pandizzy) (Normal) A: Own Tempo/Tangled Feet/Contrary 90/90/90/90/90/90 (Evolves from Spinda)

Alien/UFO (Yuueffoh) (Psychic) (Evolves from Beeheeyem)

I also came up with hypothetical names for hypothetical Pokemon based on "Sword" fish:

Flamburgeon (Flamberge + Sturgeon) Water/Steel A: Sharpness (Evolves into Marlendal)

Marlendal (Marlin + Durendal) Water/Steel A: Sharpness

I don't know if we'll even get non-uniform clothing choices. I unfortunately believe that those will be saved for the upcoming remakes.
Maybe not non-uniform clothes but the option to pair different tops with the different bottoms? It's a reach though. I was really hoping to get more customisation. I think it was done well in SwSh, but they could make it a more stylish, kind of how Splatoon has clothing that resembles real life items from known brands or at least trendy items.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
New clothing options seem likely. It might still be school themed but they could easily expand the options. Personally I'd like to see them stray a bit further and give us more variety.
I want to get the Pokemon League Gloves (both in game and in real life):-D

Orphalesion

I want to get the Pokemon League Gloves (both in game and in real life):-D

You mean the ones the Elite 4 and Geeta wear with that symbol on the back of one of the hands? (I think it's the right one? And the symbol might be a stylized map of the academy when seen from above?)
Agree! They look cool! Too bad Hassel and Larry only wear them when you face them in the Pokemon league, they should wear them in the rest of the game too (could count as foreshadowing that they are Elite 4).

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
You mean the ones the Elite 4 and Geeta wear with that symbol on the back of one of the hands? (I think it's the right one? And the symbol might be a stylized map of the academy when seen from above?)
Agree! They look cool! Too bad Hassel and Larry only wear them when you face them in the Pokemon league, they should wear them in the rest of the game too (could count as foreshadowing that they are Elite 4).
Yeah, these:) I would like to have those in real life:)
pokemon-scarlet-violet-rika_0002_3.jpeg

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
There is just speculation but I realized that next year is the 10th Anniversary of Pokemon X and Y since its release in 2013. I know people in the past of already spoke on this in past Pokemon games and it didn't come true but I realize the Paldea is like very close to Southern Kalos. So if Game Freak were to do an expansion it would be that we can now travel to the Kalos Region. Perhaps they will let us finally mega evolve our Pokemon. I know what I am saying is outlandish and very bold but it would make sense if there were to do an expansion that lets explore Kalos.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
There is just speculation but I realized that next year is the 10th Anniversary of Pokemon X and Y since its release in 2013. I know people in the past of already spoke on this in past Pokemon games and it didn't come true but I realize the Paldea is like very close to Southern Kalos. So if Game Freak were to do an expansion it would be that we can now travel to the Kalos Region. Perhaps they will let us finally mega evolve our Pokemon. I know what I am saying is outlandish and very bold but it would make sense if there were to do an expansion that lets explore Kalos.
I don't think that Kalos will be in these games and I don't think that there will be any connections to Kalos at all.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
As the game says Arven's other Parent left Sada/Turo as soon as Arven was born what if they further go into the plot and we will learn Paradox Suicune/Virizon somehow kidnapped (no pun inteded) the other parent, we will free them and they will return and take care of Arven?

Fighting the other Paradox Pokemon Team+Paradox Suicune/Virizion will always be welcomed, right?

This is a reach but I wish that there was more of the NPC's being impressed when you are the Pokemon champion... I feel like being champion amounts to nothing in the game. They should put more exclusive stuff in the game that you get after becoming champion. I suggest a discount on various items such as ultra balls or max potions.
Though, I hope the DLC has a real villain or some good rivalry that'll make you mad. I like Silver in HGSS sooo much because he really annoyed me in the beginning. I want them to be dark, cool, and mean, not goofy or silly.