• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
A national dex would be nice to have in the games again
The National Pokédex is gone. It’s not coming back. The last time we had one was in XY/ORAS or Generation VI. At that time they were just recycling old entries anyways so it really is not a huge loss. The entire “National Pokédex” will live on in Pokémon Home and/or its successor.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The National Pokédex is gone. It’s not coming back. The last time we had one was in XY/ORAS or Generation VI. At that time they were just recycling old entries anyways so it really is not a huge loss. The entire “National Pokédex” will live on in Pokémon Home and/or its successor.
This is exactly what I’m thinking. I was sick of constantly reading he same entry for several of the older Pokémon. I mean it took until Legends before the Creation Trio and Arceus got a new entry

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm not expecting any casual clothes to be added in these games unless we do indeed visit Kalos, which is highly unlikely.

Well, according to recent news reports, The Pokémon Company renewed their trademarks for X & Y. So we're getting something related to it.

ShadowForce720

You know just finishing up the main story of Scarlet&Violet I noticed that apparently besides you Arven, Penny, and Nemona also received a Master Ball , so what if in the DLC they each get at least one new Pokémon(which would be introduced in the dlc) that they catch in a Master Ball.

For Penny she could get a new paradox mon based off of Eevee and all of its Eeveelutions similar to how Iron Valiant is based off of both Gallade and Gardevoir.

Not sure about Nemona and Arven though.

Bus

You know just finishing up the main story of Scarlet&Violet I noticed that apparently besides you Arven, Penny, and Nemona also received a Master Ball , so what if in the DLC they each get at least one new Pokémon(which would be introduced in the dlc) that they catch in a Master Ball.

For Penny she could get a new paradox mon based off of Eevee and all of its Eeveelutions similar to how Iron Valiant is based off of both Gallade and Gardevoir.

Not sure about Nemona and Arven though.
A paradox Eevee would be a great way to introduce a new one without giving us an evolution, but since these gimmicks never last more than one generation, you'd lose access to that Eevee afterwards and I think people would end up hating that.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
A paradox Eevee would be a great way to introduce a new one without giving us an evolution, but since these gimmicks never last more than one generation, you'd lose access to that Eevee afterwards and I think people would end up hating that.
They justified Type:Null in SwSh by saying someone stole the blueprints and brought them to Galar, I wonder how gen 10 will justify the paradoxes being there

ShadowForce720

Except the Paradox mons are not the gimmick of gen 9, the gimmicks of gen 9 is the Terrastal Phenomenon, which is the gen 9 equivalent to Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion(Gen 6), Z-moves/Ultra Burst(Gen 7), and Dynamax/Gigantamax/Eternamax(Gen 8).

Paradox mons are basically the gen 9 equivalent to Ultra Beast(Gen 7) and as we know the Ultra Beast became available in gen 8 through DLC.

So it’s not case where the Paradox mons are just going to show up only in gen 9 and then not show up in future generations.

So people would lose access to the Paradox Eevee or other Paradox mons for that long as they would likely be brought back through DLC in gen 10.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've made my peace with no more National Dex but... Really, not making sure all starters are in is dissapointing.

I really hope the Hoenn starters get to join again in the DLC

And yes, that's totally because I want a team of Blaziken, Quaquaval and H.Decidueye lol

Luthor

They justified Type:Null in SwSh by saying someone stole the blueprints and brought them to Galar, I wonder how gen 10 will justify the paradoxes being there

The Pokemon I suspect they will be treated like is the Ultra Beasts in Sword and Shield which were caught as part of the DLC via Dynamax adventures. In future games there will be some sort of wormhole or something similar that enables capture similar to that. Something like that could be said to be the explanation for the paradox Pokemon to appear in later games.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The only thing I really hope for in a DLC release is for the rest of the paradox Pokémon to receive proper names. Miraidon is a proper name for Iron Serpent so I hope Roaring Moon, Iron Valiant and the rest receive a proper name at that point. I don’t mind the names they have now but it reminds me of the Ultra Beasts being named UB-02 Absorption until it is caught. We’ll see if this comes to fruition but that is my biggest hope.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was thinking about it and it'd interesting getting a few starters as paradox mons. Or maybe even as convergent evolution.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hope more Paradox Pokémon are designed like Iron Valiant (a fusion) or even Roaring Moon (incorporating Mega Evolution). Imagine one that brings back elements for a Pokémon with a GMax form

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Continuing the topic of wanting more Paradox mons....considering only Kommo-o and Metagross are absent while every other psuedo is in, I'd like it if they gave us new Paradox forms of them. Maybe something like (off the top of my head)....

Clanging Mo-o or Iron Dragon for Kommo-o

Stomping Spider or Iron Genius for Metagross