• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
According to Khu the DLC is "very cool"
I doubt we're getting Kalos but seeing as how there's more to Area Zero it will definitely be cool
We're most likely going to get more outfits, and since the Star bosses don't wear the basic uniforms even after going back to school what if they managed to get the dress code to be less strict for an in universe explanation?
I don't think that we're getting any more outfits unless they do a graduation/school break DLC which would require locking the DLC content until you finish absolutely everything that the main story has to offer aside from completing the Pokedex in order to avoid creating plot holes.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Area Zero does feel like there is still Secrets hiding within it and that something much bigger than the time machine malfunctioning will happen. There is no in game explanation as to why there is a giant hole in the exact center of the area as it looks to be unnatural given how the edges of the the cliffs closest to the opening are perfectly smooth and create a perfect circle when viewed from above which is impossible for erosion and weather conditions to create. That hole is too symmetrical to be natural.

Luthor

I don't think that we're getting any more outfits unless they do a graduation/school break DLC which would require locking the DLC content until you finish absolutely everything that the main story has to offer aside from completing the Pokedex in order to avoid creating plot holes.

I could easily see other forms of school related attire. Like a school themed lab clothes or school sports clothes. As long as they are identifiable as something connected to the school it would't really be that big of an issue.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If they were to add some older Pokemon to the DLC, that would mean they'd need to add more unique TM material, which would mean more TMs.
They could even bring back some of the missing moves to fit that bill.

Captain Jigglypuff

Some “new” TMs that I wouldn’t mind seeing are Toxic, Steel Wing, Sticky Web, and Electroweb. They all have their own uses in battle and there are plenty of Pokémon that could use these moves. Electroweb is a versatile move as it can be seen more of an electrified net that covers its target more than it is a spiderweb attack. Electroweb could even be a fun attack to have on Miraidon and the other Future Paradox Pokemon.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Probably unlikely, but I do hope the DLC does something with Deoxys. We're getting close to the tenth anniversary of OR/AS, and while I know you can transfer Deoxys into BD/SP via Pokemon Go or Pokemon Bank, it would still be nice if it was made available somehow in tge Gen 9 games. Then again, I mostly say this because Deoxys is one of the last five Pokemon I need to complete my Home Dex. The other four (Meloetta, Diancie, Hoopa and Magearna) are in Scarlet and Violet's code anyway so it's possible the DLC could do something with them. Even if they're just given out as special distributions, that would be much appreciated.

Acer11

Some “new” TMs that I wouldn’t mind seeing are Toxic, Steel Wing, Sticky Web, and Electroweb. They all have their own uses in battle and there are plenty of Pokémon that could use these moves. Electroweb is a versatile move as it can be seen more of an electrified net that covers its target more than it is a spiderweb attack. Electroweb could even be a fun attack to have on Miraidon and the other Future Paradox Pokemon.
But the number of compatible Pokemon for Toxic was reduced in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
If you were hoping for wider distribution of Toxic, that likely is not going to happen. Even when Toxic was a TM in BDSP, distribution was still restricted to Pokemon that thematically fit (and Mew) rather than regaining the near universal distribution pre-Gen 8.

Luthor

If you were hoping for wider distribution of Toxic, that likely is not going to happen. Even when Toxic was a TM in BDSP, distribution was still restricted to Pokemon that thematically fit (and Mew) rather than regaining the near universal distribution pre-Gen 8.

I don't think it would be to pre-gen 8 levels but if they added to a TM I could see them expanding slightly beyond BDSP level given there are some Pokemon with good reasons to get the move that don't (e.g Umbreon), some Pokemon that are post gen 4 but still make sense (e.g Goodra) some Pokemon which are completely new but it makes sense (E.g Revaroom who only gets it by egg move) and some the Pokemon that did get the move in BDSP or the galar games aren't in the games yet.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

I simply wanted Toxic more for the Gastly line because they don’t leasing any Poison moves via level up and need TMs or be part of a Picnic to get any Poison type moves and can only get from two different Pokémon lines as an egg move

Acer11

Possible Moves to be added to TMs:

Power Shift
Wave Crash
Headlong Rush
Terrain Pulse
Misty Explosion
Burning Jealousy
Flip Turn
Skitter Smack
Lash Out
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Grassy Glide
Triple Axel
Rising Voltage
Expanding Force
Scorching Sands
Scald
Meteor Beam
Steel Roller
Scale Shot
Poltergeist
High Horsepower
Mystical Fire
Raging Fury
Electroweb
Seismic Toss
Snore
Fake Out
Knock Off

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Possible Moves to be added to TMs:

Power Shift
Wave Crash
Headlong Rush
Terrain Pulse
Misty Explosion
Burning Jealousy
Flip Turn
Skitter Smack
Lash Out
Corrosive Gas
Coaching
Grassy Glide
Triple Axel
Rising Voltage
Expanding Force
Scorching Sands
Scald
Meteor Beam
Steel Roller
Scale Shot
Poltergeist
High Horsepower
Mystical Fire
Raging Fury
Electroweb
Seismic Toss
Snore
Fake Out
Knock Off
unfortunately scald got retconned into being for volcanion only and was replaced by chilling water

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Chilling Water is probably going to be a Legendary’s signature move.
If they decide to destroy nerf stall even further, although they've done a good job at that this gen

Akashin

unfortunately scald got retconned into being for volcanion only and was replaced by chilling water
Technically it's not a retcon; all they did was remove the Scald TM, which was the only way any Pokemon besides Panpour, Simipour and Volcanion could use it to begin with. There's nothing stopping them from making it a TM again; whether they will or not is another matter though.
Chilling Water is probably going to be a Legendary’s signature move.
Are you thinking of Hydro Steam? Chilling Water is already in the game as a widely available TM, and I highly doubt they have any plan of reducing it to a Legendary's signature move.

Acer11

In some other posts, I've mentioned the possibilities of more regional variants for older Pokemon and convergent species based on older Pokemon, like Snowygast and Palossnow.

Technically it's not a retcon; all they did was remove the Scald TM, which was the only way any Pokemon besides Panpour, Simipour and Volcanion could use it to begin with. There's nothing stopping them from making it a TM again; whether they will or not is another matter though.

Are you thinking of Hydro Steam? Chilling Water is already in the game as a widely available TM, and I highly doubt they have any plan of reducing it to a Legendary's signature move.
It's not like Hidden Power for Unown.