• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
So only a couple of weeks until Pokemon Day. Surely a reveal of the DLC will be announced too?
That is the most likely thing to be announced. Another thing is possibly a new movie since there hasn’t been one since 2020 and the exact date as to when SV compatibility to Home will go live.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I’d be keen for more paradox mons, particularly of fossil mons. Area zero could also use some expansion. Otherwise I don’t mind what they add, a superboss would be nice. Or be able to rematch most of e4
I didn’t even think of this! Imagine Paradox ancient Kabutops and future Omastars?! Maybe Bug/Water and Rock/Ghost, respectively? We haven’t received a Rock/Ghost combo yet, and Bug/Water is a rare combination. Terror Blade and Iron Tentacle… o-o

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Apparently this is Paradox Suicune's typing

Riddler Khu used a chinese poem as its riddle, the usage of it alludes to PS being Water/Dragon in typing. Past posts has him stating its not water/fire or water/electric as well.

Red and Blue

Apparently this is Paradox Suicune's typing

Riddler Khu used a chinese poem as its riddle, the usage of it alludes to PS being Water/Dragon in typing. Past posts has him stating its not water/fire or water/electric as well.
Interesting
Wonder where the Dragon typing comes in? From the drawing we saw it didn't look Draconic

Luthor

Interesting
Wonder where the Dragon typing comes in? From the drawing we saw it didn't look Draconic

Well it is possible that the actual creatures we see in the DLC in-game may differ a bit from the drawing . If not there's some dragon pokemon which really look fairly non draconic like Tatsuguri, Altaria and Noibat but have the dragon type for different reasons and this could be one of those cases.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hopefully the dlc will have more new Pokemon or new forms for Kalos Pokemon . Cuz the Pokemon hinted so far are boring for me

RedJirachi

Veteran member
We haven’t received a Rock/Ghost combo ye
Is it me or is does Gamefreak have an in-joke where they introduce Pokemon that could easily be Ghost/Rock but don't? Galarian Corsola, Houndstone, Galarian Yamask...

ShadowForce720

Is it me or is does Gamefreak have an in-joke where they introduce Pokemon that could easily be Ghost/Rock but don't? Galarian Corsola, Houndstone, Galarian Yamask...
Don’t forget Stackataka which seems to have each brick being a sentient being.
It’s actually pretty funny when you think about the fact that we got our first Normal/Ghost type Pokémon being Hisuian Zorua and Hisuian Zoroark which were introduced in gen 8 before we have gotten our first Ghost/Rock or Rock/Ghost type Pokémon.

Like seriously how on earth did Normal out of all typings beat out Rock typing when it comes to which type would be paired with Ghost. lol XD

vondecayle

I want to know when will home finally be compatible with SV. I hope the DLC includes pokemon we haven’t seen in the switch games.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I want to know when will home finally be compatible with SV. I hope the DLC includes pokemon we haven’t seen in the switch games.

Same here. Would love to be able to transfer stuff over to Home if I need to.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
They should bring back every pokemon that's not on the switch and every gen 1-4 mon that's only available in BDSP except for the patrat line, they can stay gone...

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Same here. Would love to be able to transfer stuff over to Home if I need to.
Agreed. I've come to the end of both my Scarlet and Violet playthroughs, normally I would delete the save file and start again with a new team, but there are a few Pokemon I want to keep from both saves by transferring them into Home, like my main teams, a Shiny Weavile, and some "I'll never get that lucky again" Pokemon like the Ceruledge and Family of Three Maushold I got from Tera Raids. If it's going to be a long wait for Home support, like say end of May, it means I won't be able to start a fresh playthrough of either game for a while.

Luthor

You could even add Sableye to that list. Its got a lot of connections to Rock types and while Dark/Ghost was a probably a better typing if they'd made it Ghost/Rock I don't think people would have questioned it.

Agreed. I want the Pokemon home trading to be accessible as well. I'm really not a fan of the current in-game trading methods and would like to just use a trading method more similar to the gen 5-7 global trading.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That is the most likely thing to be announced. Another thing is possibly a new movie since there hasn’t been one since 2020 and the exact date as to when SV compatibility to Home will go live.
The most I’m expecting for Pokémon Day are an announcement for the DLC, new additions coming to Go & Masters, and a trailer for the new anime featuring Riko & Roy

ShuckFam

The real evil team of Paldea will appear in the DLC and Larry will be their leader. Larry will be like the phantom from Phoenix Wright, he will be able to impersonate multiple different people. I feel like he posed as a kid to bully all of team star among other things.

@SatoSereFan224888 @Ragnarok4

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pokémon Day is most likely where we'll find out at least one of the half anniversary pairs on Masters. Can see the Galar starters on PoGo being revealed as well.

As I always say, the only thing I want on SV, as far as returning pokémon goes, is getting the past starters. All of them

RedJirachi

Veteran member
You could even add Sableye to that list. Its got a lot of connections to Rock types and while Dark/Ghost was a probably a better typing if they'd made it Ghost/Rock I don't think people would have questioned it.
I was going to include more on the list but I didn't want to barge on really good types, or else I would've also mentioned Spiritomb. Tbh however, I think Dark/Rock fits Sableye more because its got very little ghostliness in its design