• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Baggie_Saiyan

Just give us more outfits/clothes please. The bonus incentive ones look million miles better already

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
they don't seem like they take place in Area Zero judging from the video.

Teal Mask is some Festival, with I thought were Paradox Paldea Starters.
Indigo Disk looks like Some Rival School that floats on water or something.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Teal Mask is some Festival, with I thought were Paradox Paldea Starters.
Indigo Disk looks like Some Rival School that floats on water or something.
well, our terastalization disk turtle has been revealed so Area Zero is certainly going to be involved. Just in Part 2.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My impressions on what we saw:
- Those two new Paradox Pokemon look nice, I just hope they're not only available in six or seven star dens, because I struggle a lot with anything higher than five star.
- Looks like the Teal Mask is similar to the Isle of Armour in that it has a more Japanese theme going on, but I like the aesthetic and the new Pokemon.
- Once the Teal Mask is out, I think I'll do three separate playthrpughs using each of those three new Pokemon (the bird, the ape and the bear) if their types synergise with the Starter's types.
- So now we've finally met the disc Pokemon from the Scarlet/Violet book, and it's a pretty sweet design. I like how the shell is covered in the symbols of the various Pokemon types.
- YAAAYYY ZEBSTRIKA'S BACK!!!!!!
- I do wonder how these games will handle Alcremie's evolution, if it will be more or less the same or change it up somehow.
- Still no exact date for Pokemon Home support, and it looks as if you do need Pokemon Go for Roaming Form Gimmighoul. I just hope trade requests on the GTS for it aren't too ridiculous. That being said I have two Enamoruseseses I got from trades in preparation for that.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Hmmm not a big fan of the idea that we'll have to wait till Fall/Winter to get the DLC.
But at least there's confirmation that we get some.
Also...considering how different their desgins are...what was the point of that artwork that showed the Legendary Beasts and 4 Swords as fused forms?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hmmm not a big fan of the idea that we'll have to wait till Fall/Winter to get the DLC.
Also...considering how different their desgins are...what was the point of that artwork that showed the Legendary Beasts and 4 Swords as fused forms?
Maybe they want to fix sv many issues first

Copley Hill Gym

Foreshadowing them. I am surprised they are available in tera raids and there's no storyline or further lore to them.

The raptor like Suicune Walking Wake is utterly superb and I am all for it. Violet fans got a bit shafted with Virizion I feel.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I am positively suprised Paradox Suicune and Virizion are being added for free.

On the other hand, I am genuinely confused by the idea of teasing us with such a superior design and let us anticipate for months only to reveal the real deal is nowhere as cool.
I mean, Walking Wake looks pretty great by itself, don’t get me wrong. The the “paradox beast” was probably the most badass design in Pokémon history.

I mean, the DLC is called “The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero”

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just give us more outfits/clothes please. The bonus incentive ones look million miles better already
That's a given considering the concept art shows the MC outside of uniform
Hopefully there's more.
Like the Armor DLC for SWSH added the karate uniform, but we also got a cosmetic for completing the Dex

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My impressions on what we saw:
- Those two new Paradox Pokemon look nice, I just hope they're not only available in six or seven star dens, because I struggle a lot with anything higher than five star.

Was worried about that too, but I checked the update and thankfully it's just 5 Star.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Disc-kun being so cutesy is a big surprise.
Everything kept making it sound like some creepy-ass lovecraftian abomination thing.
It still looks sort of otherworldly, I guess? Not exactly the eldritch being we were both hoping for but still creepy in its own way.

Red and Blue

Disk Pokemon looks sweet. The teal mask Pokemon is kind of mean but maybe it will grow on me. When I saw the trailer I almost thought we were getting a Legends Johto game.

ValorSuga

123 I predict that Munkidori will be a fan favourite in competitive! Monkey pokemon are always the fan favourites in trios! And Okidogi is gonna be Incineroar, Cinderace, & Quaquaval 2.0!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Is the disc Pokémon the third legendary? Omits design is adorable

We don't know, and the concept of a "third legendary" might be dead along with third versions themselves. It's definitely the mascot of that DLC pack (like Kubfu/Urshifu and Calyrex were), but who's to say what kind of connection if any it has with Koraidion/Miraidon if any.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I mean, the DLC is called “The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero”
That's why i said it doesn't look like either one takes place there, judging by the video they showed.

The water School, looks like it's in the ocean. maybe that blocked off part in the North Map

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The biggest thing I’m curious about with the DLC is whether the three new Pokémon in the DLC will be starters, pseudo starters, or legendaries