• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It has the Terrastal symbol and each Pokémon type embedded on its back, so I think we can safely guess it’s gonna be the legendary behind the phenomenon:

header-bg-2x.jpg
That would be nice
Its design is very lovely

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Wild prediction that Ogerpon brings back Z-Crystals with the thing on its forehead :D

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
The biggest thing I’m curious about with the DLC is whether the three new Pokémon in the DLC will be starters, pseudo starters, or legendaries
The description sounds like legendaries:

“In The Teal Mask, you’ll meet these heroes of Kitakami, a trio of Pokémon who protected the land in the past.”

Also their names and artwork can be viewed in the link below:

Okidogi, Munkidori and Fezandipiti

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The description sounds like legendaries:

“In The Teal Mask, you’ll meet these heroes of Kitakami, a trio of Pokémon who protected the land in the past.”

Also their names and artwork can be viewed in the link below:

Okidoki, Munkidori and Fezandipiti
Munkidori is the only one I really dislike, the other two are fine, I'd say Fezandipiti is the best one in terms of design. I was thinking about doing three separate playthroughs with each of these three, depending on what their types are and how we'll they synergise with the main Starter trio, but after thinking about it, I think I'll just have Fezandipiti on a playthrough team and skip the others.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Munkidori has a very yokai vibe that I really appreciate, so far is my favorite of the 3.

Fezandipiti is supposedly a pheasant but it really reminds me of a secretary bird, which is something I’ve been wanting for a long time in Pokémon and it also looks really nice.

Okidogi is the one I am having problems with…well, at least I can tell it will become a popular fanart partner to Incineroar

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
so Carmine and Kieran are seemingly going to be recurring since they're in the official artwork for Part 1 DLC.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
The new legendary trio is a big no no for me
The crane thing doesn't look too bad, and the monkey would be fine with some slight design changes (like adding a neck and changing the feet), but that dog ... oof! I don't like how it has the same colour as Ogerpon and I really don't like its Incineroar hands.

Edit: I'm in LOVE with the tiki monster and the hairy turtle, tho.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Ok so can we already assume the Blueberry School Headmaster is the big bad wanting to catch Terapagos?

Also imagine the Turtle having an ability akin of Arceus God Plate:-D

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
As excited as I am, I am kind of pissed too.

The new mini region is exactly what I wanted for a mainline, all shinto themed including the Pokemon themselves from.

I got half of that in Legends but this seems to be much more what I was looking for.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Probably a foolish thing to say but cslling 'the lost treasures' of area Zero, rather than the scarlet and violet expansion pass, sort of hints that maybe, possibly, conceivably that this could potentially be not the only expansion that we are getting?

Say call it expansion 1 and have expansion 2 in summer/late spring 2024 and then have I dunno legends Celebi or something drop in February 2025.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Reading the website the new school ( I thought it was a battle frontier at first) isn't floating on the ocean, that's just the entrance, it says most of the school is underwater.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Reading the website the new school ( I thought it was a battle frontier at first) isn't floating on the ocean, that's just the entrance, it says most of the school is underwater.
With how apparently so many Pokemon are coming with part 2, is it possible that its almost like the Aether Foundation?

With man-made biospheres and various environments for Pokemon outside of Paldea to roam and allow the study and training of for students?