• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
As excited as I am, I am kind of pissed too.

The new mini region is exactly what I wanted for a mainline, all shinto themed including the Pokemon themselves from.

I got half of that in Legends but this seems to be much more what I was looking for.
A Shinto-inspired place is just too good a concept to waste on a DLC subregion that is for whatever strange reason is geographically connected to a country based on Spain.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So far the only Pokémon I’m planning on adding to my Kitakami team are Hariyama & Fezandipiti. I’m definitely adding at least one of my Hisuian pokémon from my Legends playthrough though I’m not sure which one(s) yet.

I feel like Urshifu comes from this new region.
I feel like this where we’re going to get items like the Peat Block & the Black Augurite too

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
So let's break it down.

Isle of Armor had 4 new legendaries and 5 regional forms.

So far we have 4 new legendaries at the moment.

Any chance we're going to see some more regional or convergent forms?
With SwSh we got:
-Before the DLC:
-- one regional variant
-First DLC:
-- 3 mythical
-- 1 regional variant
-- 6 gigantamax
-Second DLC:
-- 5 legendaries
-- 3 legendary regional variant
-- 1 regional variant

With SV so far we got:
-Before the DLC:
-- 2 paradoxes
-First DLC:
-- 1 legendary
-- 3 new pokémon (also possibly legendaries)
-Second DLC:
-- 1 legendary

Considering we barely got any regional variants in the base game, I wouldn't hope for more. A convergent is something I could see, but I am expecting the second DLC late reveal to be more legendaries just like Crown Tundra.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
With SwSh we got:
-Before the DLC:
-- one regional variant
-First DLC:
-- 3 mythical
-- 1 regional variant
-- 6 gigantamax
-Second DLC:
-- 5 legendaries
-- 3 legendary regional variant
-- 1 regional variant

With SV so far we got:
-Before the DLC:
-- 2 paradoxes
-First DLC:
-- 1 legendary
-- 3 new pokémon (also possibly legendaries)
-Second DLC:
-- 1 legendary

Considering we barely got any regional variants in the base game, I wouldn't hope for more. A convergent is something I could see, but I am expecting the second DLC late reveal to be more legendaries just like Crown Tundra.
Pardon I mixed up where the regis and birds came from.

However Urshifu line are indeed legendaries.

We'll definitely have to see how it goes.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A Shinto-inspired place is just too good a concept to waste on a DLC subregion that is for whatever strange reason is geographically connected to a country based on Spain.
I think that Paldea isn't based on Spain at all.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think that Paldea isn't based on Spain at all.
Its inspired by it, because the region is very much the shape of the actual location, has Spanish naming conventions for towns and even has locations based off of popular cities, towns and tourist traps.

Just, with GF being a Japanese company, they always put Japanese influence into the regions even if culturally stand out.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Its inspired by it, because the region is very much the shape of the actual location, has Spanish naming conventions for towns and even has locations based off of popular cities, towns and tourist traps.

Just, with GF being a Japanese company, they always put Japanese influence into the regions even if culturally stand out.
I believe that Paldea is actually based on the Japanese island of Shikoku. The region just feels more Japanese than Spanish.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm guessing then the northeast area of Paldea is actually where part 2 takes place, as it would be too small for a mini region.

Isle of Armor was small but there was far less to do and was indeed just a training island after all.

Here we seem them actually use the term region and has a much larger plot.

I wonder if we will be leaving via the boats at Levincia for it or just flying away via the map.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I was ready for no Caterpie, but no Wimpod is a blow. Also Weedle has been absent for so long it's unreal (if you don't count Let's Go and BDSP, which I don't).
At least Yanma is in.
There might be few more there as we know Samurott is in and it's not on the list.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm guessing then the northeast area of Paldea is actually where part 2 takes place, as it would be too small for a mini region.

Isle of Armor was small but there was far less to do and was indeed just a training island after all.

Here we seem them actually use the term region and has a much larger plot.

I wonder if we will be leaving via the boats at Levincia for it or just flying away via the map.
I think that the northeast area is actually Johto, more specifically Cianwood and the routes leading to the HGSS Safari Zone.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It seems GF appearantly spoiled the returning Pokemon:

Looking at the list, if this is accurate the only Pokemon that will be missing from the Switch games will be the other two Unova Starters, Elemental Monkeys, Watchog, and Furfrou. The Starters are weird as going off of the list we'll have the Kanto, Johto, and Alola Starters present so having them still omitted is pretty odd.

Also, happy to see Mightyena, Chandelure, and Kommo-o will be back, along with Zebstrika.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Looking at the list, if this is accurate the only Pokemon that will be missing from the Switch games will be the other two Unova Starters, Elemental Monkeys, Watchog, and Furfrou. The Starters are weird as going off of the list we'll have the Kanto, Johto, and Alola Starters present so having them still omitted is pretty odd.

Also, happy to see Mightyena, Chandelure, and Kommo-o will be back, along with Zebstrika.
Also the Hoenn and Sinnoh starters are present.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

I see a big chance for Metagross and Kommo-o being version-exclusives and getting Paradox forms in the opposite versions (Past Metagross and Future Kommo-o)