• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
In my opinion the legendaries in the first dlc r very fugly
But the one in the second dlc is very cute and magical

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wasn't talking about how we physically get there but more speculating what the connection could be to Area Zero. We know the DLC is known as 'the hidden treasure of area Zero' which implies that both parts The Teal Mask and The Indigo Disk will have at least a loose connection to Area Zero. Otherwise they could just call it the hidden treasure.

They'll probably come up with some BS like "it has similar energy signatures" or "Terapagos once lived in Paldea but moved to the DLC islands because __ " or something like that.

Luthor

They'll probably come up with some BS like "it has similar energy signatures" or "Terapagos once lived in Paldea but moved to the DLC islands because __ " or something like that.

That's more the sort of thing I was thinking. A loose connection to just enough Pokemon world logic to explain the connection.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
The two DLC take place in different places. Indigo Disk takes place in Blueberry Academy.
While Kitakami could be a village that borders with Paldea, , we don't know yet where the new Academy is located. As far we know, it could still be in Paldea (out in the ocean).

I saw this image early where someone pointed out the striking resemblance between Paldea's map and Terapagos, so I doubt it would be anywhere but in Paldea:
zaeGNvS.jpg

What if Paldea is actually a living pokémon, a gigantic Terapagos that is alive for million years and in the DLC you get to catch its still tiny offspring (that maybe was being kept at Blueberry Academy by the new villains so they could replicate the Tera phenomenon outside Paldea)?

Btw, I just saw on the official website that you can start the DLC as soon as you have unlocked the Treasure Hunt in the main game, which I take as meaning it won't give any late game explanation (since technically someone could do the DLC portion long before finishing the game).
For those who played the SwSh DLC, did it cover any late game event?

Last edited:

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Terapogos could be a "piece" of the third legend who's in Area Zero, he could have been tired of being down there all the time

BCVM22

The concept of the world turtle is found in cultures worldwide. Additionally, the vague depiction of what is now Terapagos in the journal shows it at seemingly a much larger scale, though we know the journal was subject to all manner of artistic/mythical license. And finally, Terapagos is named partially from Galapagos, owing to the turtle shape but also an island chain itself. I would have no difficulty believing that some aspect of this will factor in, either that the turtle form is a shard or an aspect of a much larger being, or that Terapagos has a second, impossibly large, maybe less benign form.

Espeonite

Suicune is so ugly and the robot virizion is not a good look. still looking forward to the DLC though, the turtle is cute I guess, I'll wait this time and not pre-order.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just a notice. I have renamed the title of the thread to better reflect the content of the thread.

--

I was too tired and sleepy to properly make an opinion regarding the DLC and the Presents last night, but now that I'm feeling better, I have to say that aside from the DLC, everything else was underwhelming.

GF really can't resist putting Japanese culture into their games, and the Teal Mask was a good opportunity for it. Ogerpon looks great, but the other three feels a bit ordinary... unless they have other forms. I feel like Zarude can be included in the group. But anyway, I think those are the Legendary Trio of this game. Regarding the two characters, they feel like they should've been in Legends Arceus. :p

As for Indigo Disk, Terapagos is cute, but the type symbols on its shell feels kinda out of place on its design. I dunno. On a different note, I was kinda expecting Avocado Academy for some reason, not Blueberry. I think the four characters are the top Student-Champions in that academy and are also student council members like Nemona. I think the battle facility will be part of this DLC. Also interesting that the two characters from Part 1 show up.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the DLC. But it's so far away. Weird that they had to separate it when they could've released it as one bundle because of the time between their releases. Oh well. And good for Blitzle to finally show up.

EDIT:
I just saw more info regarding the DLC. And man, how come the Blueberry Academy uniform is waaaaaaay cooler than the one in Paldea... :/

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Suicune is so ugly and the robot virizion is not a good look. still looking forward to the DLC though, the turtle is cute I guess, I'll wait this time and not pre-order.

I like the Suicune alt; it fits a more primal, savage form and the typing reflects that. But I will agree with you on the Virizion dis. All of the Iron Mons have been underwhelming in looks, with the exception of Iron Threads and Valiant. Threads is totally unique with its hidden face, and Valiant’s merged execution is brilliant. But all the rest have just been palette swaps. I’d have rather had the Three Muskedeers merged into one robot buck, like in the sketch.

But I’m def jealous of Scarlet getting Walking Wake.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
One of the boys(?) is dressed like a chef. Possible Arven Rival?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But I’m def jealous of Scarlet getting Walking Wake.
All the Paradox Pokemon aren't strictly exclusive though. Which is a good thing. They can be traded and you can get Walking Wake by joining an online raid. Of course, I understand that not everyone has an online subscription for it.

GF really can't resist putting Japanese culture into their games, and the Teal Mask was a good opportunity for it. Ogerpon looks great, but the other three feels a bit ordinary... unless they have other forms. I feel like Zarude can be included in the group. But anyway, I think those are the Legendary Trio of this game. Regarding the two characters, they feel like they should've been in Legends Arceus. :p
I think there is a pretty good chance at them getting different forms. The masks seen in the trailer look rather different from the real Pokémon, although that could of course just be artistic liberty.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
All the Paradox Pokemon aren't strictly exclusive though. Which is a good thing. They can be traded and you can get Walking Wake by joining an online raid. Of course, I understand that not everyone has an online subscription for it.

Trading might be a bit difficult in this situation because you only get 1 per save file. So you might have to give up the other one or something else super valuable to get one. If you do have an NSO subscription joining the opposite version's raid is the far preferable method to getting the opposite Paradox Mon.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
you have to wonder if the other two Beasts and Swords of Justice are gonna get Paradox forms as well since we only have Virizion and Suicune.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I'm starting to wonder if Kitakami isn't actually on the same continent but is maybe an overseas colony/comarca of Paldea?

Acer11

Other than the new Pokemon and the returning Pokemon shown, what other returning Pokemon would you think should return? There are around 230 to return. So, any guesses?

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Other than the new Pokemon and the returning Pokemon shown, what other returning Pokemon would you think should return? There are around 230 to return. So, any guesses?
I was really hoping the Kalos fossils would return as well but it doesn't seem like they are going to.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I think there is a pretty good chance at them getting different forms. The masks seen in the trailer look rather different from the real Pokémon, although that could of course just be artistic liberty.
They're supposed to be tokusatsu masks they sell at festivals. I wouldn't be surprised if these are supposed to be a fictionalized version of the Kitakami 'mons.