• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Luthor

Here is a question if the DLC introduced some more cross gen evolutions which Pokémon would you like to see get one?

Off the top of my head these ones spring to mind but this is more hope than expectation

Parasect- Parasect is one of those designs that I like but its typing and stats can hold it back (while it was useful for me in LA that was due to LA being a bit unique it would be hard to use in a more conventional game)
Ledian- As its current stats really don't suit some of its abilities (e.g Iron fist with base 35 attack) meaning its hard to use.
Dewgong- Has always been in the shadow of other water and ice types- could do with something to allow it to differentiate
Arbok- Is a cool design but statwise it struggles
Any spider Pokemon- Pretty much all of them could do with a boost. Not Picky as to which.
Barbaracle- Has a unique design which I think could be very interesting to get an evolved form
Gourgeist/Trevenant- Think their designs could be expanded in a interesting way
Gogoat- always felt like they could do something with this one and given that Geeta uses one it seems like a good choice to get an upgrade
Heliolisk- Never felt like a final stage to me even if I do think its cool
Any Pokemon that has a regional form which has an evolution but does not have an evolution itself (e.g Kantonian Farfetch'd)

Raifort is my favourite teacher because of how suspicious she seems and I would love for it to be followed up on in some way. But I don't expect any of the main game characters to play a significant role in the DLC.

Its one of those I could see either way. They've definitely set it up so she could be but it could easily just be that they wanted to make her a more fun character by giving her suspicious traits even if they don't intend to follow it up.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I don't entirely trust her either (Arceus help us if she ever discovered the time machine in Area Zero, she said during one of her lessons that she wishes she had one), but I don't think she'll turn out to be a villain. If she ends up being a villain in the DLC you won't be able to battle her in the Academy Ace Tournament or complete her lessons and the Treasures of Ruin sidequest because canonically she'll probably be arrested or at least fired from the Academy. Obviously they won't do that, so whatever they do with her won't affect the status quo.

My guess is you'd have to complete her final exam in order to unlock whatever story is attached to her. Makes sense given all the hints lie in her classes.

As for the Ace Tournament, she'll probably just be reformed like Guzma.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Raifort is my favorite out of all the teachers. Whenever she ends up on Pokémon Masters, I'll Wailord on her banner.

GalenIYIarek

I hope there are new sandwich ingredients or restaurants that can grant us unique sandy bonuses and combos. Like a dish that grants Humungo/Teensy lvl3+Encounter lvl3+Sparkle lvl3

Or Humungo/Teensy Egg Power and a Shiny Egg Power

Or a Buy/Sell Power that decreases the price of items from Stops/increases the worth of items you sell at shops.

That’d be great QoL improvements

Acer11

Off the top of my head these ones spring to mind but this is more hope than expectation

Parasect- Parasect is one of those designs that I like but its typing and stats can hold it back (while it was useful for me in LA that was due to LA being a bit unique it would be hard to use in a more conventional game)
Ledian- As its current stats really don't suit some of its abilities (e.g Iron fist with base 35 attack) meaning its hard to use.
Dewgong- Has always been in the shadow of other water and ice types- could do with something to allow it to differentiate
Arbok- Is a cool design but statwise it struggles
Any spider Pokemon- Pretty much all of them could do with a boost. Not Picky as to which.
Barbaracle- Has a unique design which I think could be very interesting to get an evolved form
Gourgeist/Trevenant- Think their designs could be expanded in a interesting way
Gogoat- always felt like they could do something with this one and given that Geeta uses one it seems like a good choice to get an upgrade
Heliolisk- Never felt like a final stage to me even if I do think its cool
Any Pokemon that has a regional form which has an evolution but does not have an evolution itself (e.g Kantonian Farfetch'd)

Its one of those I could see either way. They've definitely set it up so she could be but it could easily just be that they wanted to make her a more fun character by giving her suspicious traits even if they don't intend to follow it up.
I picked Ariados as the Spider Pokemon. Maybe evolve into a Black Widow Pokemon. What do you think of the name I thought of? Blakwidos?

Luthor

I picked Ariados as the Spider Pokemon. Maybe evolve into a Black Widow Pokemon. What do you think of the name I thought of? Blakwidos?

Its better than anything I could come up with (the only name I had was Scariados but that was more for a ghost type-regional evolution). Now I think about it I suppose it depends if the "dos" part of the name is supposed to be 2 in Spanish or not but if it is I have even less for a name ending with 'tres'.

Acer11

Its better than anything I could come up with (the only name I had was Scariados but that was more for a ghost type-regional evolution). Now I think about it I suppose it depends if the "dos" part of the name is supposed to be 2 in Spanish or not but if it is I have even less for a name ending with 'tres'.
The 'dos' part is supposed to reference the pre-evolved form who initially didn't evolve. You know, like Seadra & Kingdra, Piloswine & Mamoswine, Primeape & Annihilape, & Ursaring & Ursaluna. Of course, not all cross-gen evolutions follow this, such as Wyrdeer & Froslass.

And also the fact we don't have a black widow spider Pokemon yet.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I was thinking that Kitakami would be based on Okinawa Prefecture, since the Momotaro legend is closely associated with that area. Okinawa also has a Monotaro Festival each summer. Okinawa being toward the south of Japan would also make a nice contrast to Hisui in Pokémon Legends: Arceus which is the furthest north of Japan.

Something I also noticed is that the "Blueberry" in Blueberry Academy is still in English, even in its Japanese name. Considering the names of Naranja Academy and Uva Academy, that suggests Blueberry Academy is based off a part of the world whose primary language is English. Blueberries grow naturally on the Atlantic Coast, from Maryland up to Newfoundland and Labrador, a range of coastal territories, all of which have English as their official language.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I was thinking that Kitakami would be based on Okinawa Prefecture, since the Momotaro legend is closely associated with that area. Okinawa also has a Monotaro Festival each summer. Okinawa being toward the south of Japan would also make a nice contrast to Hisui in Pokémon Legends: Arceus which is the furthest north of Japan.

Something I also noticed is that the "Blueberry" in Blueberry Academy is still in English, even in its Japanese name. Considering the names of Naranja Academy and Uva Academy, that suggests Blueberry Academy is based off a part of the world whose primary language is English. Blueberries grow naturally on the Atlantic Coast, from Maryland up to Newfoundland and Labrador, a range of coastal territories, all of which have English as their official language.
I think that Blueberry Academy is also located in Japan as Carmine and Kieran, who are students there, are from the very Japan inspired Kitakami. Also Kitakami is literally the name of a city located in the Tohoku prefecture, which is located in the northern part of the island of Honshu.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Uva and Naranja enroll students from around the world. Blueberry, being its sister school, is likely the same, so it doesn't have to be a part of Kitakami.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that Blueberry Academy is also located in Japan as Carmine and Kieran, who are students there, are from the very Japan inspired Kitakami. Also Kitakami is literally the name of a city located in the Tohoku prefecture, which is located in the northern part of the island of Honshu.
I just figured it was called “Blueberry” to better fit the Academy being named after fruits thing this Gen has going on.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Come to think about it...

Given the japanese theme, I wouldn't be surprised if Kitakami will be involved in the a possible method of getting the hisuan forms (and evolutions) without having to transfer from Arceus.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Come to think about it...

Given the japanese theme, I wouldn't be surprised if Kitakami will be involved in the a possible method of getting the hisuan forms (and evolutions) without having to transfer from Arceus.
Alternatively, if the time machine can actually function as a time machine, it can pull in Pokémon extinct in the present day. Not only would this include the Pokémon revived from fossils, but the Pokémon introduced in Legends: Arceus, as they're extinct too, just much more recently.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Alternatively, if the time machine can actually function as a time machine, it can pull in Pokémon extinct in the present day. Not only would this include the Pokémon revived from fossils, but the Pokémon introduced in Legends: Arceus, as they're extinct too, just much more recently.

But I'd say that's more of use for the ones that are regional evos like Sneasel and Qwilish.

Stuff like Stantler and Ursaring can be just handwaved by items exclusive to the area.

Luthor

But I'd say that's more of use for the ones that are regional evos like Sneasel and Qwilish.

Stuff like Stantler and Ursaring can be just handwaved by items exclusive to the area.

Well the interesting thing about this is Stantler's Pokedex in violet
"It's said that this Pokémon used to be stronger long ago when it had many enemies, and that it was even able to evolve under its own power.".
Which implies that Stantler can still evolve just not under their own power which would back up your idea.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Which implies that Stantler can still evolve just not under their own power which would back up your idea.
Luckily for us Stantler is coded to evolve by level up while knowing Psyshield Bash AND it is an egg move for the Pokémon. Just need to transfer a Pokémon knowing that move into the game. Now if there was only a way we could do that…

Luthor

Luckily for us Stantler is coded to evolve by level up while knowing Psyshield Bash AND it is an egg move for the Pokémon. Just need to transfer a Pokémon knowing that move into the game. Now if there was only a way we could do that…

Ah i see that makes sense. Didn't know that. Making it an egg move is an interesting way to do it.

Afieldofheathers

Style Points
Is it too late to hope that Barb Barrage getting released will gift classic Qwilfish a new evo out of the blue? I feel like they would have just made it learn the move without Hisuian's help if they wanted to do that, but if GF paid attention to Girafarig this Gen then I'm getting on that hopium.