• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Highlander Tournament 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Highlander%20Tournament_zpsemdasuth.png
Banner and OP shamelessly stolen from TDK.​

Hello SPPf, welcome to the second Highlander Tournament! I had a lot of fun playing in this tournament last year so I decided to host it again this year!

At the start of the tournament, you will post three Pokemon. Those three Pokemon will be with you throughout the whole Tournament. You can not pick two of the same Pokemon, nor can you pick two different forms of the same Pokemon (Rotom, Therians, etc).

Once matchups are posted, you will PM me which of your opponent's Pokemon you wish to face for this round. They will do the same with your Pokemon. So, each round, each player will PM me which one of their opponent's three they wish to face for that round.

Tournament Rules
  • This is an ORAS OU Tournament.
  • All battles will be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • If a Pokemon is banned between now (3/7/15) and when the tour ends, it will not affect the legality of the Pokemon in this tournament.
  • At the start of each round, you will PM me, Moonclawz, which one of your opponent's Pokemon you wish to face for this round.
  • Each round will last for ten days. You have ten days to PM the Pokemon you wish to face and to get your battle done. Sending me a PM ASAP will help the rounds go more smoothly.
  • All Matchups will be 1v1, but you will challenge your opponent in the tier ORAS OU, not 1v1.
  • All three of your submitted Pokemon may have Mega-evolved forms, since all battles will be 1v1. For example, you could submit the three Pokemon Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. If your opponent chooses to face Charizard, you could use Mega-Charizard X or Mega-Charizard Y. However, if you submitted Lucario as one of your Pokemon, you cannot use Mega-Lucario since Lucarionite is banned.
  • It is highly recommended you create/modify your set for your Pokemon after you find out which of your Pokemon is playing which of your opponent's.
  • Don't john. If you john you risk being subbed out / getting disqualified.
  • Do not battle until both of you and your opponent's Pokemon have been edited into this post.
  • You are allowed to edit your post and the Pokemon you are participating with up until I close signups.

Battles Clauses
  • Follow all standard clauses as indicated here.
  • This is a single elimination best-of-one tournament.
  • OHKO Clause: No moves that evoke the Self KO Clause. Destiny Bond, Explosion, Final Gambit, Perish Song, Self-Destruct, and other such moves are banned.
  • Focus Sash is LEGAL for this tournament, which is why you must challenge in ORAS OU and not 1v1.

Signing Up
Code:
Forum Name | PS Name
Pokemon 1/Pokemon 2/Pokemon 3

Signups will be open until no one signs up for a period of time or one week from now, whichever happens first.

Sign-up list
Clone - Metagross/Charizard/Kyurem-Black
xDIRCIOx - Metagross/Chansey/Jirachi
Saph~ - Dragonite/Gyarados/Jirachi
SilverChiko - Feraligatr/Talonflame/Venusaur
Psynergy - Kyurem-Black/Heatran/Lopunny
Kitt Geekazaru - Infernape/Metagross/Aron
MMS - Metagross/Charizard/Gliscor
Ger9119 - Wailord/Clefable/Latias
C-Demo - Typhlosion/Medicham/Metagross
Burnerv2 - Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W
Phantomclaw - Gyarados/ Lucario/ Charizard
jirachiuser1 - charizard / gengar / infernape

Once both you and your opponent have sent in their Pokemon, I will bold which Pokemon your opponent has selected to face. You may start scheduling whenever, but do not play until you and your opponent's Pokemon have been bolded.

Round 1

C-Demo (Typhlosion/Medicham/Metagross) vs Saph~ (Dragonite/Gyarados/Jirachi)
SilverChiko (Feraligatr/Talonflame/Venusaur) vs Kitt Geekazaru (Infernape/Metagross/Aron)
Burnerv2 (Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W) vs Phantomclaw (Gyarados/ Lucario/ Charizard)
jirachiuser1 (Charizard /Gengar /Infernape) vs Ger9119 (Wailord/Clefable/Latias)
Psynergy (Kyurem-Black/Heatran/Lopunny) vs xDIRCIOx (Metagross/Chansey/Jirachi)
MMS (Metagross/Charizard/Gliscor) vs Clone (Metagross/Charizard/Kyurem-Black)

The deadline for R1 is March 27th, 11:59 PM GMT -5.

R2

Saph (Dragonite/Gyarados/Jirachi) vs Bunerv2 (Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W)
Psynergy (Kyurem-B/Heatran/Lopunny) vs Clone (Metagross/Charizard/Kyurem-B)
jirachiuser1 (Charizard/Gengar/Infernape) vs Kitt Geekarazu (Infernape/Metagross/Aron)

The deadline for R2 is April 7th, 11:59 PM GMT -5.

FINALS

jirachiuser1 (Charizard/Gengar/Infernape) vs Clone (Metagross/Charizard/Kyurem-B)
Bunerv2 (Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W) vs Clone (Metagross/Charizard/Kyurem-B)
jirachiuser1 (Charizard/Gengar/Infernape) vs Bunerv2 (Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W)

The finals will be a Round Robin with 3 people. Be sure to send in two Pokemon this time and specify which player is using that Pokemon. In the event that each player has 1 win and 1 loss after the three games have been played, another Round Robin will be played until there is a clear winner. The tiebreaker round-robins will be in the same format (send in some Pokemon, choose which opponent's to face), but will have some kind of twist to it.

Since this is finals, please post replays. I'd also love to hear what kind of innovative sets everyone used in previous rounds :]

The deadline is March 17th, 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Last edited:
I promise that I'll try to be active this time

Clone | Clone
Metagross | Charizard | Kyurem-Black

Last edited:

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
xDIRCIOx | xDIRCIOx
Metagross | Chansey | Jirachi

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Saph~ | Saph

Dragonite | Gyarados| Jirachi

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Why not?

SilverChiko | SilverChiko
Feraligatr/Talonflame/Mega-Venusaur

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Psynergy | Psynergy.G

Kyurem-Black | Heatran | Lopunny

Too many fun choices, too few team slots.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
This seems really awesome.

Kitt Geekazaru | DreadFighterOwain
Infernape/Metagross/Aron

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
MMS | EmEmEs / Ya Boi MMS / Piccolo Jr.

Metagross/Charizard/Gliscor

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Alright, I'm in. Let's do this.

Burnerv2 | Burnerv2
Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W

Last edited:

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
jirachiuser1 | ryouzan
charizard / gengar / infernape

That's 12 people. Since interest doesn't seem to be very strong, if no one else signs-up by 10 PM GMT -5 tonight, I'll go ahead and post R1 then. Also, after 10 PM GMT -5 tonight, you may not edit the 3 Pokemon you choose. The format with 12 people will be 2 rounds + a round-robin finals.

EDIT: ROUND 1 is up!

Once both you and your opponent have sent in their Pokemon, I will bold which Pokemon your opponent has selected to face. You may start scheduling whenever, but do not play until you and your opponent's Pokemon have been bolded.

C-Demo (Typhlosion/Medicham/Metagross) vs Saph~ (Dragonite/Gyarados/Jirachi)
SilverChiko (Feraligatr/Talonflame/Venusaur) vs Kitt Geekazaru (Infernape/Metagross/Aron)
Burnerv2 (Charizard/Sableye/Rotom-W) vs Phantomclaw (Gyarados/ Lucario/ Charizard)
jirachiuser1 (Charizard /Gengar /Infernape) vs Ger9119(Wailord/Clefable/Latias)
Psynergy (Kyurem-Black/Heatran/Lopunny) vs xDIRCIOx (Metagross/Chansey/Jirachi)
MMS (Metagross/Charizard/Gliscor) vs Clone (Metagross/Charizard/Kyurem-Black)

The deadline for R1 is March 27th, 11:59 PM GMT -5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.