1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Hip Hop Thread - for the nerds that think they're black

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nightmare Gengar, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Nightmare Gengar

Nightmare Gengar Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to do this? Oh well.

Post your favorite rappers and such.

For me, Earl Sweatshirt (Odd Future), Vinny Paz (Jedi Mind Tricks), Childish Gambino, old Eminem, and Hopsin are my favorite rappers at the moment. I'd link to Youtube, but I don't know how and I can't be bothered to figure it out.

2. Ah, finally a new thread for hip-hop. Gotta hate all the scrubs out there who think all rap and hip-hop is the same. Living Legends and Aceyalone both really speak to me, and they're really great lesser known rap groups. They speak about real issues and things that matter, not the typical fare that rap is stereotyped with. I recommend After Hours by Living Legends for starters. It's a long song, though.

3. Hammerheart

Hammerheart Son of Wōden

I'm sure this is at least the third hip hop thread in the last year or so.
    But whatever, no one on this forum seems to understand the search feature anyway, nor do they see the benefits to using an existing thread.

A few of my favourite's are

Lost Children of Babylon
    Lupe Fiasco
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Afrika Bambaataa
    N.W.A
    Public Enemy
    Army of the Pharaoh
    Jedi Mind Tricks

I'm not the most well versed in the genre, but I do like it.

4. All other hop hip pales in comparison to 90's Outkast and Edan.

5. Rootbeer

Rootbeer Well-Known Member

I've really been digging Grieves and Yelawolf lately, and I have Immortal Technique and B.o.B on rotation a lot too. But my top 10 MCs of all time are...
    10. Ice Cube
    9. Slick Rick
    8. KRS-One
    7. Notorious B.I.G.
    6. Nas
    5. Big Pun
    4. Big Daddy Kane
    3. 2Pac
    2. Eminem
    1. Rakim

6. Nightmare Gengar

I only see three pages in the entertainment forum. I searched these three pages, finding no hip hop thread.

Good taste in rap btw.

7. Hammerheart

Hammerheart Son of Wōden

http://www.serebiiforums.com/search.php?searchid=784003

They seem to have got rid of one of them. But if you go to the search feature on the strip at the top (User CP FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out)
    Then advanced search, search whatever your looking for, choose whether to search titles, or content, show results as post's or threads, and you can narrow down to a specific sub forum.

just for future reference ;)

8. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

The only Hip Hop artist I enjoy listening to is Nicki Minaj. She's pretty amazing. I also think Stan by Eminem is a really good song, but I don't like any of his other stuff.

9. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded The face of beauty

I like drake, nicki minaj, rick ross, BOB pitbull kanye west, Jay-z ect.
    But i'm a big fan of hip hop its my favorite genre.

10. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Nerds can't be black?

And lol @ Drake and Nicky.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  11. Priceless

Priceless **** this, i'm out

JME, Skepta, Wiley, Tempa T, Kano, Lethal Bizzle, Boy Better Know.

I'm more into grime tbh.

12. PKMN Trainer Rex

PKMN Trainer Rex ~'3'~ Swalot face

My favorite rappers are

Chiddy Bang
    Pharrell Williams/N*E*R*D
    Common
    B.o.B
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kid Cudi
    & Beastie Boys

They may be mostly "mainstream" artists, but I like what I like.

13. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

Actually by my search this was the most recent Rap and/or Hip-Hop thread. Last post was in the middle of July, 2 months ago. And mods close any "old" threads that have been bumped from over a month. So making a new thread for this is legit.

Rappers I like (more after classes):
    T.I.
    Kanye West
    B.o.B.
    Jay-Z
    Weezy
    Lupe Fiasco
    Three Six Mafia (looks at user title)

14. Nightmare Gengar

Discovered a few new albums yesterday. Big Boi from Outkast's Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is amazing. I highly reccomend it. As is Hopsin's Gazing At The Moonlight.

15. Hammerheart

Hammerheart Son of Wōden

Why though, that is the most ridiculous rule I've seen on any forum (other than temporary ones like 2 weeks ban for saying brah in a certain thread)

c+p from another thread I advocated the use of a search bar...

"I can understand the rule being used in certain sub forums, with threads that are less general in nature. But given this is entertainment, where the rules say you have to post big general genre threads to encompass everything to avoid cluttering up the forum with smaller more specific threads, I find it daft that we can't bump older threads, as result creating more threads, and thus cluttering up the forum, something the rules are in place to avoid.

I think for the sake of entertainment, or misc in general, using the search feature should be encouraged. As I say, most other forums I use have stickies at the top dedicated to showing people how to use the search feature. "

As I say, what actual reason would there be to close a thread just cause it's old?

16. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

Biggest reason is that most old threads have been throughly debated, but someone new comes along (without reading all the old posts) and posts something less than intelligent, and now that the thread has been bumped, everyone starts making already discussed posts. If it's that big of a problem ask a mod for the official explanation.

Back on topic: Tha Carter IV: worth buying the whole album, or only the better songs?

17. Nightmare Gengar

Name some of the better songs?

18. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

It's your favorite genre, yet you don't seem to be digging very deep. Not to say that you can't like those people, but if those are the majority of your listening then you need to branch out.

In no particular order: Childish Gambino, Eminem, Hoodie Allen, El-P, Lupe Fiasco, Eyedea, Chiddy Bang, Kanye West, Aesop Rock, Tech N9ne, T.I., Kid Cudi, Hopsin, B.o.B, and Atmosphere all have some good songs. I listen to some way more than others, though. And there's a few I'm missing.

19. Hammerheart

Hammerheart Son of Wōden

But would you not agree a topic as broad as a genre should be considered an exception? There's virtually no limit to discussion.

20. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

John, How to Love, 6',7', She Will