• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hip Hop Thread - for the nerds that think they're black

Laser Shuckle

Do yourselves a favor and get THIS instead. You can also find it for a little more on Itunes. The last two tracks with KRS-One and Crooklyn Dodgers/Pharoah Monch are worth the price of the album alone, no joke. I originally only wanted one song off it but I'm glad I got the whole thing. I can't recommend it enough...

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Do yourselves a favor and get THIS instead. You can also find it for a little more on Itunes. The last two tracks with KRS-One and Crooklyn Dodgers/Pharoah Monch are worth the price of the album alone, no joke. I originally only wanted one song off it but I'm glad I got the whole thing. I can't recommend it enough...

Never heard of Crooklyn Dodgers before. But I do listen to Pharoah and KRS-One, really loving their flow.

Dropping in to say Old is perfect. Perfect.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
[video=youtube;64dgRv-57tI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64dgRv-57tI[/video]

Gambino's stuff has always been pretty mixed with me, but I'm actually looking forward to his December album. It's starting to sound like a good mix of his "Royalty" beats with "Camp" lyrics. If you haven't already, check out Centipede and Yaphet Kotto on his Soundcloud.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Oh my god The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is nostalgic. The very first song is about Stan's little brother and the skit right after that is the part in the middle of "Criminal". The whole album is on itunes radio right now.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Bump

I recently discovered my love for Rap and as such I wanted to find a place where I can talk about it.

Greekboy

Oh my god The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is nostalgic. The very first song is about Stan's little brother and the skit right after that is the part in the middle of "Criminal". The whole album is on itunes radio right now.

It's an alright album but it doesn't give that horrorcore and unsettling feeling that the MMLP1 was blessed with
Rap God's a great track tho

Bump

I recently discovered my love for Rap and as such I wanted to find a place where I can talk about it.

Who are you listening to?

EDIT: O god this thread is dead

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
It's an alright album but it doesn't give that horrorcore and unsettling feeling that the MMLP1 was blessed with
Rap God's a great track tho

Who are you listening to?

EDIT: O god this thread is dead

Lupe Fiasco,Childish Gambino,Kendrick Lamar,Pusha T,Meek Mill,J.Cole,Busta Rhymes,Tech 9, and Kanye West.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Lately, and I don't know why, I've been on a Young Jeezy and Future binge.
thug **** right there oh man

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Lately, and I don't know why, I've been on a Young Jeezy and Future binge.
thug **** right there oh man

Eh there're alright rappers.

Rezzo

Occasionally
New CunningLynguists album, new Madlib and Freddie Gibbs album, and De La Soul just released a J Dilla produced mixtape, which I just finished listening to.

In other words there's a lot that came out recently that I look forward to checking out.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Kanye, Kendrick, Frank Ocean, and The Roots all have albums coming out in 2014 and none of them have a bad album in their discography (in my opinion). 2014 just might top 2013 in terms of hype.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I've been listening to Kid Cudi's new album and I have to say he's really redeemed himself after the disappointment that was Indicud.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Kanye, Kendrick, Frank Ocean, and The Roots all have albums coming out in 2014 and none of them have a bad album in their discography (in my opinion). 2014 just might top 2013 in terms of hype.

A new album from Kendrick and Kanye too?

I'm so hype now I hope Kanye can put the same level of quality that Yeezus had on this new album.