• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hip Hop Thread - for the nerds that think they're black

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Lasers is a good album for a hip-hop/pop album and the record label probably made him make it more pop or they won't release it

Last edited:

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
haha yes, I was hoping there was a hip hop thread. Right now one of my favorite artists is Kanye, and Watch the Throne was a great album. Jay - Z and Kanye are great together. Eminem is still one of my favorite too, rep'n for the white kids. I don't really like Mac Miller, Em is still the best out there.

I almost forgot about B.O.B. . I also like alot of B.O.B. stuff

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
haha yes, I was hoping there was a hip hop thread. Right now one of my favorite artists is Kanye, and Watch the Throne was a great album. Jay - Z and Kanye are great together. Eminem is still one of my favorite too, rep'n for the white kids. I don't really like Mac Miller, Em is still the best out there.

I almost forgot about B.O.B. . I also like alot of B.O.B. stuff

I enjoyed Hell : The Sequel by Bad Meets Evil that consists of rappers Royce da 5'9" (Bad) and Eminem (Evil)
The only thing i like Mac in is the Moves Like Jagger Remix
I been listing to a lot of B.o.B in the last day http://www.last.fm/user/TylerSymes/library/music/B.o.B?from=1333833332&rangetype=week

Last edited:

BIGJRA

Catchin' Em All
Yeah, Hell the Sequel was pretty good. Take Care and Tha Carter IV are fighting for top spot as hip-hop album right now.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Yeah, Hell the Sequel was pretty good. Take Care and Tha Carter IV are fighting for top spot as hip-hop album right now.

From what i heard of Take Care it doesn't sound like a hip-hop album to me but i mostly only heard Take Care/Make Me Proud/Over My Dead Body from it and Tha Carter IV is a good album
I enjoy Mirror from it the most

John Wallrein

I am the walrein

Rezzo

Occasionally
Watch The Throne didn't throw anything new to the table. But you can't hate on it just because of that, as most of the songs are good.

Jay will definitely be looking at retirement soon, he has 2 more studio albums in him at most.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Seems everywhere I go, "Motto" follows me everywhere. It's a dope song but I get so mad when overplay happens to good songs.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
[video=youtube;_aOjcm0zYUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOjcm0zYUs[/video]

New Lupe Fiasco song that came out two weeks ago which is going to be on Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I have not really been listening to hip-hop in the past few months and i have listened to it a few times since it came out

KickAsh

halted development
Jesus, "Mercy" is addictive. If you ignore 808s and Heatbreak, Kanye has been consistently awesome.
Also, make me stop listening to MellowHype. And I'll get crap for this, but I love Childish Gambino.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I disagree, 808's & Heartbreaks was actually a good experimental album but if I had to pick my least favourite album I think it would be Graduation...possibly...

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I disagree, 808's & Heartbreaks was actually a good experimental album but if I had to pick my least favourite album I think it would be Graduation...possibly...

Whaaa?! Graduation was the ****, great track list and some of my face songs were off that album, better than Curtis when it was released. Anyone listen to Chamillionaire? Minus just Ridin' Dirty? One of the most underrated rappers to date.