• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hip Hop Thread - for the nerds that think they're black

Nightmare Gengar

Gonna bump this since I can and so the moron who made the duplicate thread and the people who keep replying to it will stop being stupid.

People who even consider Lil Wayne a rapper should probably stop listening to rap altogether. The fact that his videos get a lot of views does not make him good, it simply means that a lot of people like bad music.

You might ask what I consider good music or good rap? I will tell you. Two of my favorites are Em and Royce. No, not only because of Bad Meets Evil. I listened the song named Bad Meets Evil on the Slim Shady LP years ago before tons of bandwagon hoppers started liking Bad Meets Evil and only heard of the duo because Bruno Mars is featured in their single. Yet they still refer to them constantly as "Eminem and that other guy" Really? That other guy? That other guy is 100 times more talented than Lil Wang.

Oh yeah, Slaughterhouse is amazing.
Lil Wayne is the only mainstream rapper with decent lyricism, aside from Eminem. Don't go throwing words like "moron" or "bad music" around. You do know musical taste is subjective, right?

Anyways, my taste in hip-hop has developed a lot since I made this thread. I now realize that spitting heavy lyrical bars means nothing, when you have nothing decent to say. So, I do now agree that Lil Wayne is ****. However, from a lyrical standpoint, he's alright.

Rapping with your heart > rapping with your brain. To me, Royce is ****. Just another punchline rapper with multi-syllabic rhymes and heavy wordplay. Eminem is really good though, probably the only rapper that draws a line between lyricism and realness, and does it well.

Fatal

Banned
Lil Wayne is the only mainstream rapper with decent lyricism, aside from Eminem. Don't go throwing words like "moron" or "bad music" around. You do know musical taste is subjective, right?

Anyways, my taste in hip-hop has developed a lot since I made this thread. I now realize that spitting heavy lyrical bars means nothing, when you have nothing decent to say. So, I do now agree that Lil Wayne is ****. However, from a lyrical standpoint, he's alright.

Rapping with your heart > rapping with your brain. To me, Royce is ****. Just another punchline rapper with multi-syllabic rhymes and heavy wordplay. Eminem is really good though, probably the only rapper that draws a line between lyricism and realness, and does it well.

Have you ever listened to Macklemore? I like him because he puts a lot of heart into his music and has very nice instrumental parts to his songs. He's very inspirational and unique too. His song Otherside gives an alternate perspective to drugs, while most other rappers are promoting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhx-CtPmBU

Nightmare Gengar

Have you ever listened to Macklemore? I like him because he puts a lot of heart into his music and has very nice instrumental parts to his songs. He's very inspirational and unique too. His song Otherside gives an alternate perspective to drugs, while most other rappers are promoting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhx-CtPmBU
Never really listened, just heard certain songs. It might have been ignorant of me to say he's ****, but the songs I have heard aren't my style... I dislike them. I will check these out though

Fatal

Banned
Never really listened, just heard certain songs. It might have been ignorant of me to say he's ****, but the songs I have heard aren't my style... I dislike them. I will check these out though

Also if you listened to Royce's verse beginning at 4:15 of this song you will see he does put his heart into his rapping. I don't know why you think 'going hard' means you're not putting heart into your raps. The heart is in the lyrics and in the effort, not always in the subject matter.

YinYang

Fire and Shadows
Gonna bump this since I can and so the moron who made the duplicate thread and the people who keep replying to it will stop being stupid.

People who even consider Lil Wayne a rapper should probably stop listening to rap altogether. The fact that his videos get a lot of views does not make him good, it simply means that a lot of people like bad music.

You might ask what I consider good music or good rap? I will tell you. Two of my favorites are Em and Royce. No, not only because of Bad Meets Evil. I listened the song named Bad Meets Evil on the Slim Shady LP years ago before tons of bandwagon hoppers started liking Bad Meets Evil and only heard of the duo because Bruno Mars is featured in their single. Yet they still refer to them constantly as "Eminem and that other guy" Really? That other guy? That other guy is 100 times more talented than Lil Wang.

Oh yeah, Slaughterhouse is amazing.

Eminem is still definately the best, along with Tupac. I heard Lighters with Bruno Mars. Not my favorite, but still awesome. Never listened to Macklemore but, I'll give it a shot I guess.

Black_and_Mild

Eminem is still definately the best, along with Tupac. I heard Lighters with Bruno Mars. Not my favorite, but still awesome. Never listened to Macklemore but, I'll give it a shot I guess.

Em is no where near the best. I bet you haven't even heard a single Tupac song if you are going to say that Em is one of the greatest. (as if he is even on the level that tupac was before he died, roflmao)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Big L? Immortal Technique? Necro? Non Phixion? Jedi Mind Tricks? Arsonists? Celph Titled? Ill Bill? Army of the Pharaohs?

I can list many more than that, but (mostly) underground Hip Hop is what I've been brought up on. Not really ragging on the more mainstream stuff but I just can't get into it.

Cruxis

Banned
Love hip hop. On the subject of wayne, he is not a good rapper persay but i still have a lot of wayne on my ipod. Its a guilty pleasure lol. Hes got some sick producers on his tracks, has some hilarious metaphors and lines. But 90% of the time if another rapper raps over a wayne beat i will prefer the other.

Most recently getting into OFWGKTA, tylers production is so simple yet i love it. Love their sense of humor, id definitely go to one of their shows.

ATM Im lookin forward to tech n9nes klusterfuk, tyler the creators wolf, chamillionaires ammunition, and hopsins knock madness.

Anyone recommend to me some artists? I love horrorcore and shock value rap. I hate pop, hate any lovey romantic music, hate mainstream bullsh!t. My favorite artists are em (slim shady era), jay z, tech n9ne, hopsin, tyler the creator, kanye west, chamillionaire, busta rhymes, jedi mind tricks, OLD 50 cent. Also been getting into the weeknd tho hes not really hip hop

I heard a lot about roots and childish gambino, should give em a listen.

Srs.

Last edited:

Slick

Banned
Most recently getting into OFWGKTA, tylers production is so simple yet i love it. Love their sense of humor, id definitely go to one of their shows.

ATM Im lookin forward to...tyler the creators wolf
The videos of Odd Future live is off the plot. I'm so sad I didn't listen to them earlier, since I might've gone to the Big Day Out to see them.
I can't want for Wolf as well and Earl's new stuff with be ****ing amazing. I'm also looking forward to MellowHype's new stuff. Hodgy Beats is my favourite member.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Love hip hop. On the subject of wayne, he is not a good rapper persay but i still have a lot of wayne on my ipod. Its a guilty pleasure lol. Hes got some sick producers on his tracks, has some hilarious metaphors and lines. But 90% of the time if another rapper raps over a wayne beat i will prefer the other.

ATM Im lookin forward to tech n9nes klusterfuk, tyler the creators wolf, chamillionaires ammunition, and hopsins knock madness.

Anyone recommend to me some artists? I love horrorcore and shock value rap. I hate pop, hate any lovey romantic music, hate mainstream bullsh!t. My favorite artists are em (slim shady era), jay z, tech n9ne, hopsin, tyler the creator, kanye west, chamillionaire, busta rhymes, jedi mind tricks, OLD 50 cent. Also been getting into the weeknd tho hes not really hip hop

I heard a lot about roots and childish gambino, should give em a listen.

Srs.

Listen to Nas's first album, illmatic. It's probably the best way to describe my style of Hip Hop.

Give OutKast and Missy Elliott (especially her third album) a shot. They're weird in a good way.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
L
Anyone recommend to me some artists? I love horrorcore and shock value rap.

This sort of shock value?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhM8FZ63iPk
911 attacks from the view of the Terrorists, perhaps more controversial than shocking.

I know it'll be the third time I've mentioned it on this page alone, but try the Lost Children of Babylon. 'Where Light was Created: The Equidivium' and 'Zietgeist: The Spirit of the Age' are both amongst my favourite hip hop albums.

Also, keep an eye open for the upcoming Truthseekah album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwJmTZboqw

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
One of the greatest hip-hop albums ever.

I'm really into KRS-One later. I definitely have to get into more of his stuff. I only have The Sneak Attack right now.

Yup, I love New York hip hop more than the West Coast "Gangster" Hip Hop. But if anything, Tupac (before he signed with Death Row Records), Too $hort, The Underground, Warren G or any songs thats are produced by G Funk records.

I'm a hip hop junkie. Biggie smalls is the greatest of all times, followed by tribe called quest.

I listen to Gambino, odd future, kanye, jay-Z the roots and couple others here and there/