• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Region Club: V. 2.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
HOENN
TzvY4Gb.jpg

Credit To RZK for the banner

Welcome to the Hoenn region club. With the region of Hoenn updated, we have a new thread, under the same leadership. Hoenn has always, and, will always be a favorite region of most people. The Pokemon, the contests, the Gyms, the side quests and the locations of the region can not be replaced, only updated. This thread will be dedicated to special efforts to the members of the Original Hoenn Region club, run by Volcer and I. Let's all unite to make this one of the best and the longest running club of Serebii.

Before we diver further into the Hoenn region, imagine yourself inside a truck, filled with boxes. A hologram appears in front of you.

Bleu: Hello, I'm Bleu and I assume you'll are on your way to the Hoenn region. Before you reach there, let me tell you the rules.

-All SPPF rules apply: Since we live in the Hoenn region which is a sub-region of SPPF, I would not like our overlords to get angry.

-Do not start discussing without actually being accepted: Well, shouting from outside the boundary is really annoying and guards might let lose their Pokemon on you.

-Stay on topic, please: Cannot be stressed enough. You can't be at two places at once, can you?

-Stay Active: Being inactive for two weeks without prior notice shall lead to a warning mail: Come to work everyday guys, its fun!

-Do not throw one liners: We, at Hoenn region, love to discuss things. Meaningless sentences like I Love Hoenn make no sense to us, you're a part of the club for the very reason and we know it.

-No Swearing/Trolling: I have my Skarmory flying. Hearing anything that is not acceptable to them will be a problem. You shall receive a mail.

Bleu: Now that we're over with the rules, *Phew* we can move on, and there. I see your truck too. You'll be handed a application form, please fill it up and leave it at my office, I'll see what I have to do with it.

Code:
[B]USERNAME [/B]:
[B]FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN[/B]:
[B]REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB[/B]: 
[B]FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON[/B]:

A little thing, please do not fill the form like this:

Code:
[B]USERNAME [/B]: Example
[B]FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN[/B]: The Region
[B]REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB[/B]: I LOVE HOENN Or the Leader is my friend or I because the leader told me to.
[B]FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON[/B]: Absol

A little grace and creativity in the form will do nobody any kind of harm. It's always acceptable.

Mail System.
- A mail shall be sent to any trainer/member of the Hoenn club by the leaders via PM and shall be updated next to the members name in the OP.
- If anybody else is seen sending a mail, they shall be taken to the pit(Very scary place filled with lots of Zubat)
- A mail would normally include strike, be it good or bad.

Strike/Plushie System.
-A strike will be given out to a member who has failed to follow a rule or more and has already been warned.
-A plushie will be given to a member who has achieved an extraordinary feat, or, helped the club.
-Collection of these could be good or bad.

Code:
3 Strikes = 1 Week ban + deletion of plushies.
5 Strikes = Banished from the Hoenn Region.

Plushies are the currency of the club and can only be earned by being active. Every member with a minimum of 2 posts per week shall be give a plushie, every Monday. The value of the Plushie may vary

;384;Lt. Bleu: CEO and owner of the Hoenn Club
N/A

;252;Bakphoon: Co-Owner of The Hoenn Club
USERNAME: Bakphoon™
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: The Pokémon
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is my second favorite region
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: Blaziken

;253; RZK: Co-Owner of the Hoenn Club
USERNAME : RzK (why is this required? :p)
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: Um...the nature...I guess? Too much water (7.8/10 by IGN, not me) is good for me. Lots of surfing and all :D Fortree city :D THE TREECKO LINE. :D The Primal legends. Tell me if I need to write more.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: The usual stuff, I guess? I like Hoenn, I like the Pokémon, move on, nobody's really gonna read this ;)
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: Treecko's line, and the other 6 Pokémon ofthe starter families...umm and the legends, Jirachi, Deoxys, Lati@s, The Bagon line, Trapinch line....etc.

Is this enough?

;254; Dirkac: Classic Member of the Hoenn Club
Hey Wynaut

USERNAME: dirkac
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: surskit obv. Nah, I like the layout and climate a lot.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is my third favourite Region. Also I adminned the last two-three of these so might as well join 'x'
FAVORITE HOENN POKÉMON: banette

;255;DiaRubyTandem: Member of the Hoenn Club
USERNAME : DiaRubyTandem
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: I love it's history, it's cities, it's pokemons!!
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is my favorite region. Also, you're a friend of mine ^^
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: SWAMPERT!!

;256; ShinyGirl: Member of the Hoenn Club
USERNAME: ShinyGirl
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: It's a bit random, but I love the look of the region in general, it's so rural! Also the music is great.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is pretty cool to talk about I guess. Yeah! Also super strong shiny magikarpz
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: Torchic~

;257; VampirateMace: Member of the Hoenn Club
USERNAME: VampirateMace
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: It was the region where the games really felt like home. I've played since Blue/Red, but when there was random rain and different heights of grass, not to mention way better graphics and new features, the escape of imagining these creatures were real just became that much deeper.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is probably my favorite region; I really liked the feel of the region and the pokemon designs. All the things people tend to complain about (water routes, trainer's eye, battle frontier, etc) I rather liked.
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: That's a hard question for me, if I just go based on design, it's probably between Absol, Tropius, and Jirachi.

;258; Volcer : Classic Member of the Hoenn Club
USERNAME : Volcer
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: The Pokemon, and the fact that it's set in a tropical location. The sea routes were fun, and the story was pretty good too. Team Aqua and Team Magma were great.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Nostalgia - Emerald was my first game.
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: Latios

;259; DarkLucarioADV
USERNAME: DarkLucarioADV
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: It's difficult for me to find just one favorite thing about Hoenn. I found the music very enjoyable, to the point where I didn't mind the water routes because of the music (and Repels). It was also one of the few times in a Pokemon game where I felt like I was on an actual adventure and wanted to explore the region on my own. Even though I didn't explore every single nook or cranny, complete the regional Pokedex, or finish the Battle Tower, I still had a lot of fun.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: It's my favorite region, the designs of the Pokemon in this region were my favorite overall, and I haven't been part of a club in a long time. Not to mention, Sapphire was my first game, so nostalgia played a role too.
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: Sceptile

1.RZK : Sceptile
2.DiaRubyTandem: Swampert
3.Bakphoon: Blaziken
4.Dircak: Surskit

Support The Club: We are a new club and need you, the members to support us. We would love it if you kept the buttons that you shall find below in your signature, more than anything, it shall make your signature, hoenntastic!

absolthc_zpse78a217c.gif
feebasthc_zps28751b78.gif
masquerainthc_zps9ebc47d8.gif
mudkipthc_zps3e868ee8.gif
steventhc_zps815eaea1.gif
torchicthc_zpsbf245f67.gif
treeckothc_zps30cf6677.gif

These fantastic buttons were made by Astral Shadow

*Tournaments and Contests coming soon*

Last edited:

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

Accepted, for now, I'd have really loved better answers to the questions. Anyway, Blaziken is by far is the best starter Pokemon there could be, although, people will argue that Swamper is better, but, it's general opinion. Blaziken's Deep movepool and a fantastic hidden ability can make it a lovely sweeper in the game, I've had a solid experience using it and I'd say he is surely on the list of my Top favorite Pokemon.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
I agree. I think it is competitively viable due to it's Speed Boost ability, because if it weren't for that it wouldn't be able to sweep things. Another good Pokemon which comes to mind is Shedinja, it is great in competitive but sadly isn't used much.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Shedinja is a great Pokemon, true. Used in competitive, I'm not sure, using it in a OU battles would be a good idea. A Rock blast from an opponent would take care of a Shedinja Holding a Focus sash as well. Although, using a Shedinja In-Game is fantastic! I use it and he is on my current team.

Current Team:
Umbreon
Ninjask
Shedinja
Larvesta.

Yes, I obtained Eevee and Larvesta through wonder trade. I've reached the fourth Gym but the puzzle is annoying, even after all these years.

RzK

Meow
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: Um...the nature...I guess? Too much water (7.8/10 by IGN, not me) is good for me. Lots of surfing and all :D Fortree city :D THE TREECKO LINE. :D The Primal legends. Tell me if I need to write more.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: The usual stuff, I guess? I like Hoenn, I like the Pokémon, move on, nobody's really gonna read this ;)
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: Treecko's line, and the other 6 Pokémon ofthe starter families...umm and the legends, Jirachi, Deoxys, Lati@s, The Bagon line, Trapinch line....etc.

Is this enough?

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hey Wynaut

FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: surskit obv. Nah, I like the layout and climate a lot.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is my third favourite Region. Also I adminned the last two-three of these so might as well join 'x'

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is my favorite region. Also, you're a friend of mine ^^

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

Is this enough?

Accepted.

Hey Wynaut

Accepted. Fantastic application. At least better than the one's I've seen now.

Accepted as well.

Note: Members can now start claiming their Pokemon. Do not argue over a particular Pokemon. If anyone found arguing, they shall receive a warning and the said Pokemon will no longer be available for claiming purposes.

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
I claim Swampert!

Fortree City, great treehouses, you can buy stuffs there especially for your secret bases

Let's avoid one liners. Its amazing how much one can do with words, yet, people choose to do so little.

>Favorite City? I'd say Pacifidlog Town. I've always been fascinated by how the houses are made of bamboo sticks and how those bamboo carry the weight of the whole town. The waves on one side of the town are calm and peaceful, which happens to be the side of the Sky pillar. Whereas, on the other side of the town, the water currents are crazy and it sends you into an endless maze, if you're not careful. Another place that I like is the city of sootopolis. It is by far the most fantastic city, the gateway being of that off a kingdom. Underwater entrance and pure white marble buildings and a cave behind. The City literally could give chills.

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: It's a bit random, but I love the look of the region in general, it's so rural! Also the music is great.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is pretty cool to talk about I guess. Yeah! Also super strong shiny magikarpz

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Claiming Blaziken.

My favorite city would be Slateport city. I love how it contains variety of places to explore. Markets, a Museum, and a Harbour all in one city. Not to mention it is the place for Pokemon Contests, which I found fun to do. Slateport city's music is probably my favorite Hoenn soundtrack, it's just so upbeat and good.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: It was the region where the games really felt like home. I've played since Blue/Red, but when there was random rain and different heights of grass, not to mention way better graphics and new features, the escape of imagining these creatures were real just became that much deeper.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: Hoenn is probably my favorite region; I really liked the feel of the region and the pokemon designs. All the things people tend to complain about (water routes, trainer's eye, battle frontier, etc) I rather liked.
FAVORITE HOENN POKEMON: That's a hard question for me, if I just go based on design, it's probably between Absol, Tropius, and Jirachi.

Volcer

Shur'tugal
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: The Pokemon, and the fact that it's set in a tropical location. The sea routes were fun, and the story was pretty good too. Team Aqua and Team Magma were great.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ayeeee thanks for the accept and welcome to everyobody else.

As for claims I obviously want to claim lileep Surskit.

>best City
Idk, pretty close between Pacifidlog and Sootopolis, both for being really, really unique and cool ideas for settlements.

but no ever grande city tho

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

Acepted. Yes, indeed, the Hoenn Region is fantastic, it is the only region that I've played over 10 times. About music, my family don't like loud music and I do not like earphones. So, I have no clue about its music.

Another fantastic example of an application. Accepted. Yes, water routes feel like caves to me Endless Pokemon and trainer battles, without a chance to heal your Pokemon. It can get annoying at times. Trainer's eye is a fantastic feature, a very good way of increasing your Pokemon levels. And, Absol has always been one of my all time favorite Pokemon, its good a fantastic body with emo like hair and pretty solid Pokemon in itself.

Accepted. The tropic location is a very good point. The best design I thought throughout the game was of the Southern Islands. The beauty of that place is just out of limits.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
FAVORITE THING ABOUT HOENN: It's difficult for me to find just one favorite thing about Hoenn. I found the music very enjoyable, to the point where I didn't mind the water routes because of the music (and Repels). It was also one of the few times in a Pokemon game where I felt like I was on an actual adventure and wanted to explore the region on my own. Even though I didn't explore every single nook or cranny, complete the regional Pokedex, or finish the Battle Tower, I still had a lot of fun.
REASON FOR JOINING THE CLUB: It's my favorite region, the designs of the Pokemon in this region were my favorite overall, and I haven't been part of a club in a long time. Not to mention, Sapphire was my first game, so nostalgia played a role too.

Last edited:

RzK

Meow

Accepted, welcome to the club!
Agree with you, exploring Hoenn feels great, I feel it is one of the few regions where I don't like using Fly much since I know nearly all the routes by heart, I usually trek through the region. Haven't completed OR yet, I expect I'll enjoy soaring :D

Status
Not open for further replies.