• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I'd like to enter the smash tourney, but I'm bot sure about my activity. I might well forfeit at some point.

Ken-Combo's sign up form:
Username: Top Skuttler
3DS Name: Sol
3DS Friend Code: 0834 2991 9052
Timezone: GMT 0 (British time)
About You: I liek smash
Accepted! I've added the sign up form to the main SSB post.
Latios seems like a good option too, but I've noticed her team has no Stealth Rocker, which Excadrill could also do. Having a team without rocks is pretty silly imo.

Played a set of Sm4sh with Ponymon and won.
Alright. You ware awarded 10 SP.

So I have a Love/Hate relationship with For Glory. I love that we finally have a proper online mode, but dammit the matchmaking system is terrible. At around ~50%, you get caught in this vacuum, where you end up facing someone far better than you, or someone far worse. So while you skill is higher than your rank might suggest otherwise, you're still not at the same level of opponents you face. So your only option is to try and get better, but that becomes incredibly hard since matches will often pass by very quickly against far better opponents, giving you little chance to practice. And while you might get better, you're still losing and eventually you'll be forced down into the lower ranks. But because your previous opponent were so much better, you mop the floor with the lower ranks. Eventually you'll claw back up to your previous rank, only for you to be defeated yet again by superior players, due to the fact that you had no one good to play against. This causes an infinite loop that causes you just to simply accumulate wins and losses on end.

Romeo32

So I have a Love/Hate relationship with For Glory. I love that we finally have a proper online mode, but dammit the matchmaking system is terrible. At around ~50%, you get caught in this vacuum, where you end up facing someone far better than you, or someone far worse. So while you skill is higher than your rank might suggest otherwise, you're still not at the same level of opponents you face. So your only option is to try and get better, but that becomes incredibly hard since matches will often pass by very quickly against far better opponents, giving you little chance to practice. And while you might get better, you're still losing and eventually you'll be forced down into the lower ranks. But because your previous opponent were so much better, you mop the floor with the lower ranks. Eventually you'll claw back up to your previous rank, only for you to be defeated yet again by superior players, due to the fact that you had no one good to play against. This causes an infinite loop that causes you just to simply accumulate wins and losses on end.
Im not really sure if Sm4sh even has a matchmaking system at all, to me it seems like the match ups are completely random. For Glory is riddled with other flaws too. The most obvious one is the lag, which could easily be fixed if Nintendo would just buy some dedicated servers rather than using peer-to-peer connections, but unfortunately I don't think they have enough sense to do that. Another huge problem with For Glory is that you only get to play on FD/Omega stages. While this may not seem like a big deal, it makes it so that players who only play FG have a very hard time playing on stages like Battlefield because they have no experience in utilizing the options given to them by platforms, not to mention it gives characters with king range projectiles, such as Link, a huge advantage. If Nintendo would just make a matchmaking system, buy dedicated servers, and allow us to play in more stages, it would be a near perfect mode. But sadly I don't think that they will ever make any of those changes and FG will remain a joke.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
Im not really sure if Sm4sh even has a matchmaking system at all, to me it seems like the match ups are completely random. For Glory is riddled with other flaws too. The most obvious one is the lag, which could easily be fixed if Nintendo would just buy some dedicated servers rather than using peer-to-peer connections, but unfortunately I don't think they have enough sense to do that. Another huge problem with For Glory is that you only get to play on FD/Omega stages. While this may not seem like a big deal, it makes it so that players who only play FG have a very hard time playing on stages like Battlefield because they have no experience in utilizing the options given to them by platforms, not to mention it gives characters with king range projectiles, such as Link, a huge advantage. If Nintendo would just make a matchmaking system, buy dedicated servers, and allow us to play in more stages, it would be a near perfect mode. But sadly I don't think that they will ever make any of those changes and FG will remain a joke.

I appreciate the concept of FG, it's just executed poorly. With the FD only format, projectile characters are a pain. I've encountered so many Samus players that just roll and fire projectiles. Characters like Ganondorf are hell to use because of this.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I need to play Smash some more; I've never even done For Glory and I mainly just use it to battle people online that I know (you guys basically, maybe my brother or friends). I'd join the Smash tournament too, but I'm busy and I find that due to my crappyness at the game my ego gets dented badly, and I really don't like that :p. All jokes aside I find that if I tried to join something would happen that would mean I couldn't do it (I swear every time I want to do a war battle something goes wrong with my internet). So yeah.

I had an epiphany that it might be a better idea to play a Warrior/Hunter/Druid in World of Warcraft if I want to succeed in PvP Arenas and other things. Monks do OK but the other 3 classes (my other choices) are more sought after, both for raids and for many PvP 2v2/3v3 matches. Considering I have Leather heirlooms Warrior's out, but I could probably get away with Hunter. Druid or Monk are fine, might stick to the Monk but I might not. I quit Hunters because they were boring at the time, but after a weeks break they don't seem so bad. Who knows.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Guys its probably considered a form of spam to talk about Sm4sh and not Pokemon. I haven't really got much to say about Sm4sh but if you want to have a discussion about it try to include Pokemon stuff too or else either you or THT will get an infraction. I don't like to be a pain in the arse and I'm not sure whether or not it is considered as spam but you should keep in mind that the mods do monitor our discussions and THT has already been locked for a week back when Guilds were Clans. I don't mind if we have a discussion about Sm4sh going on just bear that in mind ^~^ I could be completely wrong though, I'll check through the Guild rules.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2015-203606791 Aron is a female dog. I didn't handle it very well since I have little experience with it but god...

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Guys its probably considered a form of spam to talk about Sm4sh and not Pokemon. I haven't really got much to say about Sm4sh but if you want to have a discussion about it try to include Pokemon stuff too or else either you or THT will get an infraction. I don't like to be a pain in the arse and I'm not sure whether or not it is considered as spam but you should keep in mind that the mods do monitor our discussions and THT has already been locked for a week back when Guilds were Clans. I don't mind if we have a discussion about Sm4sh going on just bear that in mind ^~^ I could be completely wrong though, I'll check through the Guild rules.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2015-203606791 Aron is a female dog. I didn't handle it very well since I have little experience with it but god...

Doubt it; Sm4sh is a Nintendo format and is openly talked about by most communities here on the forums. Plus it has Pokemon in the game, so I see no reason as to why it's spam.

I haven't seen the battle (doing other things) but Aron is a pain but luckily it's just a gimmick.

Spacial

procrastination
Doubt it; Sm4sh is a Nintendo format and is openly talked about by most communities here on the forums. Plus it has Pokemon in the game, so I see no reason as to why it's spam.

I haven't seen the battle (doing other things) but Aron is a pain but luckily it's just a gimmick.

Okay its fine then, just a precaution because since the guild has already been locked once due to spam, if we spam again it will be locked forever.

It swept my whole team in VGC because there was a TR set up and it used Protect so I couldn't Fake Out it. It's an annoying little gimmick because it takes no thought to use.

EDIT: The next battle I start ALSO has a team with an Aron in it .-.

Mega Typhlosion

Ahah I always found those Arons quite annoying but they're too predictable to be harmful anyway. I usually overpower them with spread moves and they can't hide for too long. But I agree, they can be annoying lol

Been busy with non-Pokémon stuff this weekend but I may have some news soon ;)

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Been on and off today, nothing really Pokemon related. I will probably continue ORAS next weekend (the slowest amount of time I've spent beating a game, but hey ho), and I'd like to start building a new ORAS competitive team; Ubers and UU look like ideal locations for me at the moment although RU could be pretty interesting. Contrary Serperior is currently ripping apart the tier with that glorious +2 Leaf Storm and 113 base Speed, Dragalge now has Adaptability and some other stuff like Mega Pidgeot which is currently a thing.

My uncle decided he wanted to start a new character in World of Warcraft and so started a Blood Elf Mage alongside my new Blood Elf Hunter. His friend is Horde so he figured he join, and I want to do well at PvP and PvE which Hunters are both good at (compared to Monks who are only really good at PvE in the long run). So I went Hunter - haven't seen too many Hunters at the moment (a ton of Paladins though, and Monks ironically enough) but I have no doubt come PvP that'll change.

Mega Typhlosion

I remind all the hunters that you have exactly 2 weeks left to obtain your shiny for the Shiny Hunt.
So far I have the submitted entry of JohnMango95 and I'm waiting for the detailed submission of Ponymon.

JohnMango95's shiny details:

Pokémon: Numel
Method: DexNav chaining
Date: 6th of January
Nature: Hasty
31IVs: None
Egg Moves: Howl

EDIT: Just got Ponymon's submission:

Pokémon: Swablu
Method: MMing
Date: 15th of January
Nature: Adamant
31IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31
Egg Moves: Agility, Haze, Pursuit, Dragon Rush

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I remind all the hunters that you have exactly 2 weeks left to obtain your shiny for the Shiny Hunt.
So far I have the submitted entry of JohnMango95 and I'm waiting for the detailed submission of Ponymon.

JohnMango95's shiny details:

Pokémon: Numel
Method: DexNav chaining
Date: 6th of January
Nature: Hasty
31IVs: None
Egg Moves: Howl

EDIT: Just got Ponymon's submission:

Pokémon: Swablu
Method: MMing
Date: 15th of January
Nature: Adamant
31IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31
Egg Moves: Agility, Haze, Pursuit, Dragon Rush

Gotta get back on my grind. Been team building for the last week

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I'd like to request two Pokémon from the breeding shop.

Username: Ekans647
Sector: Sea
Time available: MST (GMT -7) Available on Weekdays 1530-1700
FC and IGN: 2019-9808-9029, Ekans
Sector Type Request: Sea
Pokémon: Ferroseed
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
Egg moves: Stealth Rocks, Leech Seed
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/0
HA: N
Nickname: N
I have read and will abide by all rules.

FC and IGN: 2019-9808-9029
Pokémon: Sableye
Nature: Bold
Ability: Prankster
Egg moves: Recover
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/x
HA: Y

Can you order Pokémon from outside your sector type?

Mega Typhlosion

I'd like to request two Pokémon from the breeding shop.

FC and IGN: 2019-9808-9029, Ekans
Pokémon: Ferroseed
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
Egg moves: Stealth Rocks, Leech Seed
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/0
HA: N

FC and IGN: 2019-9808-9029
Pokémon: Sableye
Nature: Bold
Ability: Prankster
Egg moves: Recover
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/x
HA: Y

Can you order Pokémon from outside your sector type?

Yeah, I think The Last Jedi had some idea regarding the matching sectors but so far I think it's not important ;)

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Dangit, I've been so busy with other stuff I didn't get any egg hatching done today in the shiny hunt.

That ends next week right? I better get on now while I can!

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Closed due to inactivity of the OP holder on the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.