• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romeo32

I changed the link in my previous post, should work now hopefully. It seems like an interesting issue, although I recommend looking at the other ones too since they all offer decent advice. Their Mega Altaria set (Dragon Dance / Return / Roost / Refresh or Substitute) is the one I'll be running, with the same EV spread. Not too sure on teammates, probably a Steel type.

If you're gonna run that set you need team mates who can eliminate common steel types like Ferrothorn and Heatran, since the only attack us Pixilate Return so you won't be sweeping as long as your opponent has a fairly healthy dairy resist. Maybe you could run a Heatran of your own or something else with Fire/Ground moves.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Thanks for the breeding help. Ive been doing it right, but after 2 boxes on Spinda babies, ive got barely anything useful. Only 2 eggs have been good enough to put into the parent slot for a better chance at better IVs. It did take me 16 rematches for the destiny knot, so hopefully my patience will be rewarded soon

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
If you're gonna run that set you need team mates who can eliminate common steel types like Ferrothorn and Heatran, since the only attack us Pixilate Return so you won't be sweeping as long as your opponent has a fairly healthy dairy resist. Maybe you could run a Heatran of your own or something else with Fire/Ground moves.

Heatran's a good choice, as is Magnezone and I'm also thinking something like Ferrothorn/Excadrill, something to break opposing Steel types or wear down threats in general. Excadrill and Heatran usually don't fear Magnezone, making beating the Steel trapper quite a bit easier. I could never decide on a Heatran set though, since the thing has 4 moveslot syndrome. I want Lava Plume, Earth Power, Taunt, Protect, Stealth Rock, Roar, Toxic/Will 'O Wisp, AncientPower and Flash Cannon all on the same set. Obviously this can be split between offensive and defensive Heatran, but I can never decide what I need it to be. I like bulky, so defensive is always a decent choice, although offensive helps beat the threats I need it to. Choices...

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
There wasn't really anything in there I didn't already know / couldn't figure out for myself, so I just kind of skimmed it. I do thing it would be a good read for some of the less experienced players in this guild though, definitely at least look at it. Im not really sure how I feel about them dissing Mega Sharpedo though, he's been doing really well for me lately.

In that case I better read it. Gonna go read it now maybe it can help me.

Romeo32

Heatran's a good choice, as is Magnezone and I'm also thinking something like Ferrothorn/Excadrill, something to break opposing Steel types or wear down threats in general. Excadrill and Heatran usually don't fear Magnezone, making beating the Steel trapper quite a bit easier. I could never decide on a Heatran set though, since the thing has 4 moveslot syndrome. I want Lava Plume, Earth Power, Taunt, Protect, Stealth Rock, Roar, Toxic/Will 'O Wisp, AncientPower and Flash Cannon all on the same set. Obviously this can be split between offensive and defensive Heatran, but I can never decide what I need it to be. I like bulky, so defensive is always a decent choice, although offensive helps beat the threats I need it to. Choices...

Yeah, four move slot syndrome is a pain. I guess in this case it depends on the role you want it to play. Lava Plume is an obvious choice, kills steels and is in general Heatran's best STAB option. Since opposing Heatran are a pretty big problem for Altaria I'd recommend Earth Power so that you can surprise them with it, plus you might need it to OHKO Magnezone if you're not running anyway Special Attack investment. I have a feeling that Heatran will be a pretty central member of your team so you'll probably want to make it defensive so it can survive as long as possible. If you can fit Stealth Rock somewhere else on your team, possibly on a second wall, that would free up a slot. Heatean is a bit slow to utilize Taunt well in my opinion, and Ancient Power also has pretty limited usage. Toxic + Protect is a useful/annoying combo, especially if you want to wear down walls in preparation for a sweep.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thanks for the breeding help. Ive been doing it right, but after 2 boxes on Spinda babies, ive got barely anything useful. Only 2 eggs have been good enough to put into the parent slot for a better chance at better IVs. It did take me 16 rematches for the destiny knot, so hopefully my patience will be rewarded soon

If you want I can get you a 5iv male or female spinda? Either to breed yourself I'll do it, it's no problem, currently breeding ha snivy

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
You know, I never understood IV's and never used them. Don't they affect hidden power's type or something? Anything else they effect? Just wondering since even though I never had to use hidden power for one of my teams I want to know how it works and how to breed them.

EDIT: My new team seems pretty successful, here's a little replay of it I just battled. Also keep in mind THIS IS FROM MY OPPONENT'S POINT OF VIEW.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-194323651 and http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-194325965

What do you guys think, ready to build it in game?

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Facade

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Wish

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Super Fang

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
You know, I never understood IV's and never used them. Don't they affect hidden power's type or something? Anything else they effect? Just wondering since even though I never had to use hidden power for one of my teams I want to know how it works and how to breed them.

EDIT: My new team seems pretty successful, here's a little replay of it I just battled. Also keep in mind THIS IS FROM MY OPPONENT'S POINT OF VIEW.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-194323651 and http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-194325965

What do you guys think, ready to build it in game?

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Facade

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Wish

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Super Fang

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Ivs can mean the difference betwen a loss and a win so they are very important, fight a 5iv Charizard with a regular Charizard, the ivs will win, I used to battle without ivs and Evs but it's the norm now, competitive battling thrives one ivs/egg moves and Evs which is y I'm happily retired from competitive battling I only battle for fun now. Gym leader and tht leauge it's all for win, winning or losing is no difference to me because if I'm having fun I can never lose :) sorry for the rant but I really don't like competitive battling that isn't for fun.

Everybody participating in the leauge should keep that in mind! Win or lose have fun! In fact it's now rule.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Ivs can mean the difference betwen a loss and a win so they are very important, fight a 5iv Charizard with a regular Charizard, the ivs will win, I used to battle without ivs and Evs but it's the norm now, competitive battling thrives one ivs/egg moves and Evs which is y I'm happily retired from competitive battling I only battle for fun now. Gym leader and tht leauge it's all for win, winning or losing is no difference to me because if I'm having fun I can never lose :) sorry for the rant but I really don't like competitive battling that isn't for fun.

Everybody participating in the leauge should keep that in mind! Win or lose have fun! In fact it's now rule.

I never knew you didn't battle competetivly. Ok then I guess, I enjoy competitive its more fun for me more strategic, sometimes breeding an be tedious but I'm ok with it. I understand your preference, none of my real life friends that play battle competitive.

Guess I should breed IV's then, all this time I only trained EV's not IV's. So how do I breed them?

EDIT: If anybody wants to battle me on Showdown, battle spot singles, then Visitor Message me. I wanna start ranking up now that I have a decent team.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I never knew you didn't battle competetivly. Ok then I guess, I enjoy competitive its more fun for me more strategic, sometimes breeding an be tedious but I'm ok with it. I understand your preference, none of my real life friends that play battle competitive.

Guess I should breed IV's then, all this time I only trained EV's not IV's. So how do I breed them?

EDIT: If anybody wants to battle me on Showdown, battle spot singles, then Visitor Message me. I wanna start ranking up now that I have a decent team.

Idea!! What if we open up a competitive battling school?? Teach players Iv, ev, team building and everything else needed to battle :) and a berry farm

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Idea!! What if we open up a competitive battling school?? Teach players Iv, ev, team building and everything else needed to battle :) and a berry farm

That would be great! I really like that, I couldn't help you as I am new to competitive myself, but maybe somebody else could own it, it could really help newer players like me. Maybe we could have someone teach singles and someone doubles! I'm thinking Fire Hero for doubles if he wants to be involved, not sure who's the best at single battles here, and triple and rotation are pretty much never used in competitive, heck they barely appear in the games.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
Idea!! What if we open up a competitive battling school?? Teach players Iv, ev, team building and everything else needed to battle :)

I'm down for that. IVs have always been a mystery to me.

Romeo32

That was the premise of The Battke Academy, a guild that I was in a couple years ago, it shut down a while ago though. IDK if I'd be qualified to teach and I still don't really know how good everyone in this guild is because I've barely battled anyone here. I guess it might be good but we'd have to structure it really well because honestly it did not work well in the Battle Academy.

EDIT: I just realized the league would be a good way to get some matches within the guild, so I'm in

username: Romeo32
Time zone (gmt format): GMT -6
Xy/ORAS: ORAS

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Okay, chaining on the sand is too hard so I have a request.

Username: Fire Hero
Sector: Land
Time available: From Saturday onwards I'll be around most of the time due to holidays.
FC and IGN: In signature
Sector Type Request: Land
Pokémon: Trapinch
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Any
Egg moves: None
HA: Any
Nickname: None
I have read and will abide by all rules.

And another:

Username: Fire Hero
Sector: Land
Time available: From Saturday onwards I'll be around most of the time due to holidays.
FC and IGN: In signature
Sector Type Request: Sea/Sky
Pokémon: Ralts
Nature: Calm
Ability: Trace
Egg moves: Ally Switch
HA: N
Nickname: None
I have read and will abide by all rules.

Can you list me the pokeballs you have available for these Pokémon? Thanks.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
If we're creating a Battle Academy, I can be in charge of EV Training.

Update: I've changed the SP requirements for ranking up to match the other Sectors.

So there are a few things I want to address however.

1: When are we going to create the guild-wide Breeding Shop? While Desolate Land and Volcano Breeders are open to everybody, it seems odd for the shop to seem sector exclusive.

2: When are going to war with another guild? I originally joined this guild because I wanted to join a war team. We haven't a war in a long time, and it would be publicity for the guild.

3: Is each Event, League, and Shop going to get it's own post? The Sector Posts should only focus on the Sector.They're cluttered having other stuff in it.

4: When is the Master's Tournament? This is more of a side issue, but I remember Fire Hero proposing and Uber Mixed Bag tournament revolving around the Weather Trio.

5: What is the the current Status of the CCAT? I remember we were building around M-Garchomp, but there isn't any record of it.

6: What can we give out for Prizes? I believe each Sector has a certain Pokémon based on their typing. Can we award prizes for raking up?

Last edited:

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Hey, back again for a second. Sorry for the inactivity everyone here at the Clan ^^; Anyways has anyone found out if or when we will be getting the Regirock and Registeel dolls? I just got my regice doll today :D If anyone else wants to get it, just scan this QR code.

Just scroll down till you see the 2nd QR code, the person will have 500 flags and be a ninja boy trainer.
https://www.the-pkm.in/oras/secretbase/Regice_doll?y=1

On my last bade for Omega Ruby and about to capture Groudon, So I'm nearing the end for my game, I would have finished quicker, but Far Cry 4 kept stealing my time and some other none joking issues... But I must say at least Omega Ruby was harder than that joke called X/Y, I never finished a game so quickly and I didn't even transfer pokemon!! So props to making a more decent game.

Ivs and the likes are important, but I still believe it doesn't make you unstoppable, it makes it easier, but it doesn't give you a 100% victory. But with that sai, Evs was fine, but the whole Iv thing was too much, and all this mindless breeding has really sucked the fun from the games... I mean really.

Now that is an awesome idea! We should so do that. Also I'm not being sarcastic, if I sound like I am. But a berry farm? Do you mean, like giving away berries?

Romeo32

If we make a Trainer School I think it should focus more on teaching things like strategy and team building, because it's super easy to just look up a tutorial on YouTube about EV training and IV breeding. Towards the beginning of X/Y shofu made 2 videos, one about Horde EV training and one about IV breeding, that's how I learned. Look those up if you're still confused about those types of things.

Mega Typhlosion

1: When are we going to create the guild-wide Breeding Shop? While Desolate Land and Volcano Breeders are open to everybody, it seems odd for the shop to seem sector exclusive.

Eevee has already sent a message to the mods regarding this, so it's something he's in charge of. Hope it doesn't take long.

2: When are going to war with another guild? I originally joined this guild because I wanted to join a war team. We haven't a war in a long time, and it would be publicity for the guild.

I won't join a war team, but I agree that we should challenge somebody. Snivy and Eevee shoould take care of it.

3: Is each Event, League, and Shop going to get it's own post? The Sector Posts should only focus on the Sector.They're cluttered having other stuff in it.

Not exactly. We don't have that many posts, so the breeding and the donation shops were going to have separate posts but the leagues, the CCAT and the other events would be together in a post for "Community Events". I think snivy was going to take the post because of the CCAT (to keep it updated), but talk to him if you want the post for the SSB League. Same goes for The Last Jedi and the WiFi League. Just keep that discussion in private to avoid confusion for other members. From my side, I'll only need the Shiny Hunt to be included there.

4: When is the Master's Tournament? This is more of a side issue, but I remember Fire Hero proposing and Uber Mixed Bag tournament revolving around the Weather Trio.

There were three issues regarding that tournament. The first one was the release of ORAS that got everyone distracted from that kind of stuff. That can be addressed soon though. The second one is something I didn't know back then which is the fact that Mega Rayquaza can hold items, so we need to add a rule to prevent an item being held, or nothing can stop that thing. Honestly, I'm still too focused on ORAS to actually concentrate on a tournament but we'll see :p
The third one is the post, which I still need to address :X We need a tournament thread and I don't know who will be in charge of the thread.

5: What is the the current Status of the CCAT? I remember we were building around M-Garchomp, but there isn't any record of it.

Well, snivy needs to update the war team post as the CCAT is there too, so we can all know what's going on. But I've not been participating so I doon't know the details.

6: What can we give out for Prizes? I believe each Sector has a certain Pokémon based on their typing. Can we award prizes for raking up?

I'm giving out prizes for ranking up on the Land Sector, and you can give anything as far as I'm concerned lol I've been offering IV-bred Pokémon, but I plan to offer events and items as well for higher rankings. I'll be changing that over time because it all depends on the sector's needs for activity and contributions.

I'd also like to encourage Sky and Sea leaders to do some local events like the "Battling Weekend" I made some time ago, to encourage battles and trades and overall activity on the sectors and to add some competition between the sectors as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.