• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Sorry about the one line.

GG Shade. That crit -_-

Fossil, you can run multiple of the same item unless you're playing on battle spot, but Conk does like Assault vest more than electross.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Yeah, that was a good game! I thought I was going to win, and then I thought I wasn't and then I did. It was a really good game!

Oh, I got info about UK regionals, yay. They're on Feb 28th. I'm hoping to attend, although i'm sure my parents will try and find me any excuse not to. Eh, whatever. Need to build a VGC team, any VGC people out there up to help me? I'm thinking about building around Mega Camerupt or Mega Sharpedo.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Sorry about the one line.

GG Shade. That crit -_-

Fossil, you can run multiple of the same item unless you're playing on battle spot, but Conk does like Assault vest more than electross.

Umm, this is on battle spot, like I've been saying since the beginning of building it. I don't like smogon's rules, this is an in game team. I use PS to test teams or easily battle ppl that's it. I don't like their tiers, I will play on them but I am mainly battle spot.

The set works well for me, I am just wondering about if thunder punch or rock slide is better for him, and here you guys are giving me entire new sets. It's kind of you and all, but for the last time, asking about a single move, not an entire set.

EDIT: Thanks for the pm Lynx, going with rock slide.

EDIT 2: I think I might be doing this wrong. So, basically, I have a female froakie with a perfect Defense IV, it's holding the everstone, with it is a male frogadier, which has a perfect Defense and a perfect Speed IV. It's holding a destiny knot, but all of the offspring are coming out with only perfect Defense IVs, no speed IV's. What am I doing wrong here, why won't I get any speed IV's from the father?

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Yeah, that was a good game! I thought I was going to win, and then I thought I wasn't and then I did. It was a really good game!

Oh, I got info about UK regionals, yay. They're on Feb 28th. I'm hoping to attend, although i'm sure my parents will try and find me any excuse not to. Eh, whatever. Need to build a VGC team, any VGC people out there up to help me? I'm thinking about building around Mega Camerupt or Mega Sharpedo.

If you get on skype this weekend I may help you out ;) Mega Camerupt loves Trick Room. Mega Sharpedo is still an unknown for VGC but we can look at it.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
If you get on skype this weekend I may help you out ;) Mega Camerupt loves Trick Room. Mega Sharpedo is still an unknown for VGC but we can look at it.

Mega Sharpedo would probably enjoy support from a fake out user so it can get 1 or 2 speed boosts up before mega evolving.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Mega Sharpedo would probably enjoy support from a fake out user so it can get 1 or 2 speed boosts up before mega evolving.

You make a good point. When I get ORAS I might make a doubles team around mega sharpedo.

Also I don't think anyone saw that I edited my last post so: I think I might be doing this wrong. So, basically, I have a female froakie with a perfect Defense IV, it's holding the everstone, with it is a male frogadier, which has a perfect Defense and a perfect Speed IV. It's holding a destiny knot, but all of the offspring are coming out with only perfect Defense IVs, no speed IV's. What am I doing wrong here, why won't I get any speed IV's from the father?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
You make a good point. When I get ORAS I might make a doubles team around mega sharpedo.

Also I don't think anyone saw that I edited my last post so: I think I might be doing this wrong. So, basically, I have a female froakie with a perfect Defense IV, it's holding the everstone, with it is a male frogadier, which has a perfect Defense and a perfect Speed IV. It's holding a destiny knot, but all of the offspring are coming out with only perfect Defense IVs, no speed IV's. What am I doing wrong here, why won't I get any speed IV's from the father?

Destiny knot grabs 5 ivs from bothparents, and if it's a 2 Iv and a 1 Iv pokemon you have to rely on luck so keep trying, then switch out the bad one for the baby with higher ivs and continue that format until you start getting perfect 5ivs

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I'd like to borrow a Pokémon!

Username: Fossildude747
Timezone & Availability to trade: Eastern Time, I can trade most likely anytime tonight. If you can't tonight then probably tomorrow night. I'd like if you could PM me to work out a specific time though.

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Froakie
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Timid
Level: 1
Ability: Protean
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
Moves: Growl, Pound

I need to borrow this so I can breed a nice 5 IV greninja for my first in game competitive team I am building :)

Mega Typhlosion

I'd like to borrow a Pokémon!

Username: Fossildude747
Timezone & Availability to trade: Eastern Time, I can trade most likely anytime tonight. If you can't tonight then probably tomorrow night. I'd like if you could PM me to work out a specific time though.

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Froakie
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Timid
Level: 1
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
Moves: Growl, Pound

I need to borrow this so I can breed a nice 5 IV greninja for my first in game competitive team I am building :)

Add my FC and we can trade now ;)

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Hey FireHero, I have a bunch of mons that I can donate. Don't remember what they all are right now, but I know there are some Froakie, Gastly, Dratini and some other stuff. And confirming the battle with Romeo

Mega Typhlosion

Added ya, getting online now! Is there a due date on the froakie? Or do I just give it back when I don't need it for the breeding anymore?

You can give it back as soon as you don't need it anymore, unless someone else needs it. In that case there'll be a date.

On another note... Contrary Serperior announced! Someone's going to rise on popularity now :p

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
On another note... Contrary Serperior announced! Someone's going to rise on popularity now :p
I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22 but I'm hyped for it. So far it's only in Japan, but I will be using it on Showdown. As it is breedable, most likely it will be rare for a while and then everyone will have have it. If anyone gets one of these, by any means, please breed a few with the HA for those unfortunate people without it.

Mega Typhlosion

I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22 but I'm hyped for it. So far it's only in Japan, but I will be using it on Showdown. As it is breedable, most likely it will be rare for a while and then everyone will have have it. If anyone gets one of these, by any means, please breed a few with the HA for those unfortunate people without it.

I'll probably get one since I have a good collection of events for trade ;)

LynxForte

The Phoenix

I might be able to get my hands on one, let me talk to a few ppl. Although there is the possibility that the initial one will be hacked, I will breed it.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!

I agree that someone should breed some for us if they get it. I know I won't be able to get it, but I honestly love the unova starters, so I'd love to have it. Also later they are apparently doing a HA Emboar and Samurott too! Finally, Unova get's some love. I don't see why people hated gen 5 so much, sure there are bad pokemon like garboder, but at least they actually came up with a name that isn't just a word spelt differently. I'm looking at you Muk

Anyways, gonna breed with this froakie a bit, wish me luck! After their first egg I already got a female that's better than the one it was bred with, switched it in.

EDIT: So, edited the EV's a bit on the greninja I am trying 2 breed atm:

Greninja @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

I don't have it in game yet but this is what I plan to build. This should work well right?

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Finally, Unova get's some love. I don't see why people hated gen 5 so much, sure there are bad pokemon like garboder, but at least they actually came up with a name that isn't just a word spelt differently. I'm looking at you Muk

1. Gen 5 wasn't all bad. It has one of the best non-ORAS stories to date, and it has some great characters. However, that's where it pretty much ends. It would have made a better novel than a game, IMO.

2. Words spelled differently... well let's see what Unova has to contribute to the list
Victini: Victory + Tiny
Serperior: Serpent + Superior
Emboar: Ember + Boar
Patrat: Pat + Rat (it's patting it's rat head)
Lillipup: Little + Puppy
Liepard: Leopard +Lie
Zebstrika: Zebra + Strike (as in lightning)
Gigalith: Monolith (big rock) + Giga (big)
Woobat: Bat + Woo (similar to date, court, and love)
Excadrill: Excavate + Drill
Seismitoad: Seismic + Toad
Throh: Throw
Sawk: Sock (as in punch)
Leavanny: Leaves + Nanny
Venipede: Venom + Centipede
Whimsicott: Whimsy + Cotton
Lilligant: Lillies + Elegant
Krookodile: Crook/Crooked + Crocodile
and the list goes on. It's not like there's any one generation that has names better than any other (except maybe gen 4 because favoritism and actuality). I think that they might be getting into more advanced vocabulary as time goes on, when they run out of obvious words, but for now, it's almost all really obvious. (i.e. muk, houndoom, slaking, turtwig, gigalith, noibat)

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
1. Gen 5 wasn't all bad. It has one of the best non-ORAS stories to date, and it has some great characters. However, that's where it pretty much ends. It would have made a better novel than a game, IMO.

2. Words spelled differently... well let's see what Unova has to contribute to the list
Victini: Victory + Tiny
Serperior: Serpent + Superior
Emboar: Ember + Boar
Patrat: Pat + Rat (it's patting it's rat head)
Lillipup: Little + Puppy
Liepard: Leopard +Lie
Zebstrika: Zebra + Strike (as in lightning)
Gigalith: Monolith (big rock) + Giga (big)
Woobat: Bat + Woo (similar to date, court, and love)
Excadrill: Excavate + Drill
Seismitoad: Seismic + Toad
Throh: Throw
Sawk: Sock (as in punch)
Leavanny: Leaves + Nanny
Venipede: Venom + Centipede
Whimsicott: Whimsy + Cotton
Lilligant: Lillies + Elegant
Krookodile: Crook/Crooked + Crocodile
and the list goes on. It's not like there's any one generation that has names better than any other (except maybe gen 4 because favoritism and actuality). I think that they might be getting into more advanced vocabulary as time goes on, when they run out of obvious words, but for now, it's almost all really obvious. (i.e. muk, houndoom, slaking, turtwig, gigalith, noibat)

Yeah, that's combing words. Gen 1 just took Muck and took the c out of it. So at least gen 5 combined words in stead of just spelling them wrong. Let's not get into a big discussion though, I know I brought it up but the last thing this guild needs is to argue over which regions were better.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
:/

If you haven't signed up for the THT Leauge please do so after you read the rules and fill the form out correctly. Rules have been updated.

Also please put GMT- the number at very bottom of the screen as time zone to save me from hunting down the specific time zones lol thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.