• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Typhlosion

Are the megas confirmed to be allowed iin the WiFi league?

If yes:
Username: Fire Hero
Time zone (gmt format): GMT+0 (what do you mean by the bottom of the screen? lol)
Xy/ORAS: I'll play on ORAS but the team is eligible to XY as well.

Last edited:

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Username: Ninja Eevee
Time zone (gmt format): GMT-+0
Xy/ORAS: ORAS, dont have X/Y :'(

Also, i love and hate gen 5. I personally think black and white were okay, but the forcing of their new pokemon and not allowing us t catch older ones really annoyed me. However, BW2 were amazing and is possible one of my favourite games. Its probably

1. Emerald/Omega Ruby - Cant decide
2. Black 2
3. Heart Gold - This was so tough because this was my favourite game for so long. Then came Black 2, Then came Hoenn remakes. Cant you imagine what would happen if DPPt remakes were ever announced. primal dialga hype

SoMaPoKiTo

Back from the Grave!
I agree that someone should breed some for us if they get it. I know I won't be able to get it, but I honestly love the unova starters, so I'd love to have it. Also later they are apparently doing a HA Emboar and Samurott too! Finally, Unova get's some love. I don't see why people hated gen 5 so much, sure there are bad pokemon like garboder, but at least they actually came up with a name that isn't just a word spelt differently. I'm looking at you Muk

Anyways, gonna breed with this froakie a bit, wish me luck! After their first egg I already got a female that's better than the one it was bred with, switched it in.

EDIT: So, edited the EV's a bit on the greninja I am trying 2 breed atm:

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

I don't have it in game yet but this is what I plan to build. This should work well right?
Don't go for 0 Attack IVs since you're running Gunk Shot. You'll need all the power you can get out of it when facing the likes of Azumarill, Sylveon, and other Fairy types.

Spacial

procrastination
Although gen 4 will always be me favourite because Pearl was my first game, gen 5 is my favourite for the Pokemon that were introduced. From Sigilyph to Conkeldurr to Galvantula to Leavanny to Excadrill...

Looking back on it, the story for XY is much better than any other, due to the fact that the evil bad guys are significantly less evil than the likes of Team Rocket and co. Team Flare actually want the world to be a better place. Correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't played older games for a while, but that is different and really just better than the other Pokemon games where most of the time the Team in question is simply just evil.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Team magma and Aqua are my favourite, because they realise their mistakes and become cool guys

Same, Archie and Maxie are amazing leaders of their respective gangs and are against one another, which makes it interesting. Team Galactic looked awful except for Cyrus but I loved their motives. I didn't like Team Plasma at all, thought they sucked but B/W was alright I guess (wouldn't play BW2 ever again though). Team Flare were odd, but I did like them somewhat. Lysandre was a fantastic leader. And who doesn't like Team Rocket?

Not much has happened for me recently, hoping to play some LeafGreen either today or tomorrow and for now I'll stick to World of Warcraft - I made an Undead Hunter who's currently Level 8, I'm potentially going to level both it and my Warlock together but I just want to play the one I prefer, hate the indecisiveness. I'm going through everything now, choosing what would be my optimal character.

Mega Typhlosion

I'm also for Magma and Aqua. They're great plotwise, the characers are also good, especially with the Delta Episode.

My dex is now at 656 :) Almost done!

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
These pages are flying by! I swear everyday I come on people have posted a page or two of things about battles, trading and whatnot. Amazing, our popularity has come back. I'm impressed.

Anyway, need to begin building my ORAS OU team which I'll do now I think.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
These pages are flying by! I swear everyday I come on people have posted a page or two of things about battles, trading and whatnot. Amazing, our popularity has come back. I'm impressed.

Anyway, need to begin building my ORAS OU team which I'll do now I think.

Im up for building an OU team too, but im not too sure on the process of teambuilding. For now im going follow these steps:

Choose a pokemon to base the team around
find out what is necessary for this pokemon to perform its job well
choose pokemon that perfom those jobs (sets up hazards, set up weather, etc.)
choose pokemon that fill gaps in the team

Im not sure what to build around though :L

Romeo32

Im up for building an OU team too, but im not too sure on the process of teambuilding. For now im going follow these steps:

Choose a pokemon to base the team around
find out what is necessary for this pokemon to perform its job well
choose pokemon that perfom those jobs (sets up hazards, set up weather, etc.)
choose pokemon that fill gaps in the team

Im not sure what to build around though :L
When team building don't forget to look at all the biggest threats in OU and make sure you have a few ways to check/counter them, I forget to do that a lot :p

I'd suggest building around one of the new ORAS Megas, my two favorites so far are surprisingly Sharpedo and Lopunny.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Mega Audino looks interesting as a Mega Evolution option. 103/126/126 bulk is alright alongside Calm Mind, Wish, Heal Bell and a bunch of other support moves, and Fairy/Normal typing is nice providing resistances to Dark and Ghost alongside neutrality to Fighting. Healer sucks for singles, but I don't know. I might use it. Mega Diancie has nice bulk and Speed, good offensive and defensive typing alongside moves like Rock Polish & Calm Mind for easy boosting. Mega Latias has insane bulk and now improved power, which makes her amazing at setting up Calm Mind and sweeping. Mega Altaria has the bulk and power but suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome (wants Return, Roost, Refresh, Substitute, Fire Blast and Earthquake all on the same set, alongside maybe Draco Meteor or Dragon Claw). Mega Slowbro is simply amazing, although many people run Iron Defense on it. I'm not in agreement with that. All of these Pokemon are options for my bulky offensive OU team - anyone want me to use one of these in particular? I haven't seen anyone run Audino yet...

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Mega Audino looks interesting as a Mega Evolution option. 103/126/126 bulk is alright alongside Calm Mind, Wish, Heal Bell and a bunch of other support moves, and Fairy/Normal typing is nice providing resistances to Dark and Ghost alongside neutrality to Fighting. Healer sucks for singles, but I don't know. I might use it. Mega Diancie has nice bulk and Speed, good offensive and defensive typing alongside moves like Rock Polish & Calm Mind for easy boosting. Mega Latias has insane bulk and now improved power, which makes her amazing at setting up Calm Mind and sweeping. Mega Altaria has the bulk and power but suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome (wants Return, Roost, Refresh, Substitute, Fire Blast and Earthquake all on the same set, alongside maybe Draco Meteor or Dragon Claw). Mega Slowbro is simply amazing, although many people run Iron Defense on it. I'm not in agreement with that. All of these Pokemon are options for my bulky offensive OU team - anyone want me to use one of these in particular? I haven't seen anyone run Audino yet...

With Mega Slowbro's high defense, I don't know why people are running Iron Defense. I've seen a few Calm Mind sets that I think work better. Not sure of its EV spread (probably max hp, max def), but the move set has been Calm Mind, Scald, Slack Off and the 4th slot has varied between Psychock, Psychic and Ice Beam. I am curious is anyone can make Mega Audino work in singles. Seems like a great mon for doubles though.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Don't go for 0 Attack IVs since you're running Gunk Shot. You'll need all the power you can get out of it when facing the likes of Azumarill, Sylveon, and other Fairy types.

Well I'm not getting 0 iv's exactly, I was just trying to show I'm not getting a perfect iv for it.

I might go on x again today, still breeding froakies no luck for 5 iv's yet. In fact I've only gotten a 2 iv female so far which I replaced the original female with, this could take a while.

By the way, I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me transfer some of my pokemon to ORAS when I get it and beat it? I trade it to you then you trade to my ORAS? I don't have another 3ds, and one of my friends has alpha sapphire but I don't really talk to him outside of school now, so just talking to him for that just isn't right and makes me look like I'm using him. Also, I'm gonna challenge myself to finish this greninja by Christmas, wish me luck! Because if I don't finish it by Christmas, i'll have quite a few froakies and frogadier to transfer as parents :/

Last edited:

Romeo32

Personally I'm leaning towards either Mega Slowbro or Mega Diancie. Audio may give you the uniqueness factor but I really don't think its worth it because you could just use something like Chsnsey or Clefable as a cleric without wasting your mega slot. Both Slowbro and Diancie are super strong Calm Mind sweepers so I think they'd work best with bulky offense. I'm not really sure which I like more though, Sliwbro is bulkier with reliable recovery, but he's super susceptible to Toxic and getting revenge killed once he gets low enough, while Diancie has better coverage but no reliable recovery and a lot of weaknesses to common attacking types (water, ground, steel). If I had to pick o e I'd probably go with Diancie but pick whatever you like the best.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
OK, the main problem with Mega Audino is that it doesn't beat much - Conkeldurr, some Dragons and Mega Sableye at best perhaps. It would explain why no-one's using it. So ignore my Mega Audino thing, and throw some suggestions at me - Mega Slowbro, Mega Altaria or Mega Diancie?

@ LynxForte, I think Iron Defense was for Bisharp/Tyranitar, so Slowbro could take a hit and whatnot. I still don't think Slowbro should be in on those Pokemon and would probably prefer something like RestTalk, some coverage or even Slack Off. But I suppose it is an option, although I don't like it (so I wouldn't use it).

@ Romeo32 thank you! Both are excellent options and I like both a lot, but I think Diancie has the edge on offensive presence as well as decent bulk (50/110/110 is better than Mega Mawile's, a Pokemon I like to compare my base to since it was such an amazing base to build around). So I'll roll with that. I'd like a more bulky spread though with some Speed... I'll run some calcs later.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Does anyone have a good singles moveset for Mega Pidgeot? It has several semi-decent moves that it could use effectively but there aren't 4 that stand out. I'm thinking SubRoost with Hurricane, but I'm not sure of a 4th move.

I'd go for Heat Wave to beat Steel-types. U-turn is worth a mention as well ;)

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Does anyone have a good singles moveset for Mega Pidgeot? It has several semi-decent moves that it could use effectively but there aren't 4 that stand out. I'm thinking SubRoost with Hurricane, but I'm not sure of a 4th move.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks --> No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe/-Atk)
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice / Fighting / Ground / U- Turn
- U- Turn / Roost

Status
Not open for further replies.