• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Romeo32

Had a battle with Wego and won 6-0. Unfortunately I had a huge advantage because he brought an NU team and I brought an OU team, but I liked his naming theme.

That puts me at 186 SP

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Do you guys think i can join?

Put in a application and wait that is all you can do its up to the leader of whatever sector you choose

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Do you guys think i can join?

I can see you're new to the forums, however anyone is eligible to join. Simply start by reading the rules and follow their simple guidelines on how to apply.

Welcome to the guild CedOmega I see you are also a Lopunny fun you also play WiFi hope you get a chance to meet Dizzy

Also, if you ever want to meet my Sekushii bunny, we should battle soon. ;)

Mega Typhlosion

Anybody going to enter the Battle of Hoenn competition? Too bad it's singles... but maybe I could build something there since the list of threats is reduced and I already have some good knowledge about Hoenn Dex mons.

Romeo32

Anybody going to enter the Battle of Hoenn competition? Too bad it's singles... but maybe I could build something there since the list of threats is reduced and I already have some good knowledge about Hoenn Dex mons.
I might do it, but I'll probably do terrible because Battle Spot hates me. I played around 10 Battle Spot matches today and it didn't go very well. I got burned by every single Scald that hit me, which was about 3 or 4 times. I also tend to bring the wrong 3 Pokes a lot of the time so that doesn't really help either. I'll probably join anyway to see if I can get some hax on my side :p

EDIT: I've been thinking about strategies to use for the Battle or Hoenn and I noticed there are s lot of slow, powerful threats in the Hoenn Dex such as Mega Camerupt, Mega Mawile, Rhyperior, Azumarill etc. So I was thinking of running Trick Room with Claydol as a suicide lead (Set up TR and Explode, maybe get up SR) and then trying to plow through my opponents team before the Trick Room runs out, thoughts?

Last edited:

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
So I'm EV Training my Swampert and I have 100 EVs left over. Should I invest them in HP Defense. I want M-Swampert to be as bulky as possible, but I also want it to be able take on talonflame. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Well I think you should put 60 in HP and 50 Def I have not played with the new megas but I did see the stats for each of them that is what I think I'm sure that someone else has a better way than me.

Romeo32

So I'm EV Training my Swampert and I have 100 EVs left over. Should I invest them in HP Defense. I want M-Swampert to be as bulky as possible, but I also want it to be able take on talonflame. Thoughts?
Assuming your other EVs are in Speed and Attack I'd recommend putting the rest into HP because that makes you bulkier on both the physical and special side. Even with no defensive investment at all I'm pretty sure M-Swampert could take at least one Brave Bird and retaliate with a Waterfall.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223

If Swampert has Curse, then you should be okay. With that, having at least 100 EVs in HP, it can tank a Brave Bird when Mega[ed]. With no Defensive investment and at least 1 Curse up, Swampert can tank two hits; as Adamant Choice Band Brave Bird is a 3HKO.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Decided to continue building that team on PS instead of restarting it. Can't wait to get ORAS, just gotta get through tomorrow and then I will probably get it. Speaking of which tomorrow I'm gonna be busy helping my family clean up the house and put up a few last decorations for Christmas, so won't be on probably. Should be free most of the night though in case some one wants to battle.

Anyways here's the team, as usual I will probably need some advice on items, not very good with that.

Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Toxic
- Swagger

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Safeguard
- Dazzling Gleam
- Soft-Boiled

Purugly (F) @ Lax Incense
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wake-Up Slap
- Play Rough
- Hypnosis

Lopunny (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Protect
- Encore

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Just got this Landorus on my OR:

#645 Landorus [Adamant]
IVs: 29 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 29 / 31

Nearly 5IV! Just what I need for my team :D

Good for you! Sure are lucky, I personally don't like using legends in my competitive teams but if I got a good one I would use it possibly :/

Just wanted ppl to know I posted on the recent page, so you guys don't miss it.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Good for you! Sure are lucky, I personally don't like using legends in my competitive teams but if I got a good one I would use it possibly :/

Just wanted ppl to know I posted on the recent page, so you guys don't miss it.

I am able to clone, so if you're needing a 'good' legendary Pokémon, let me know.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Seems that Smogon is suspecting Greninja now, which is pretty strange imo.

thoughts, anyone?

LOL Greninja... next will be Talonflame, then Rotom, it'll be like playing UU with Garchomp and Tyranitar since the OU guys will all be Ubers soon lol Well, it barely affects me but it's really weird since Greninja is super frail, has no priority and it's not that strong to start with.

54914527.jpg

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
He actually gets shadow sneak, but almost no one uses a physical greninja. The only physical move he really uses now is gunk shot. I guess because he can check fairy types now they feel he needs to be suspected. He's not going anywhere though.

Romeo32

From what I've seen almost everything that they suspect ends up getting banned in the end, and what do you mean he's not that strong? STAB on all of his moves + Life Orb lets him 2HKO almost anything not named Chansey or Porygon2. It's next to impossible to switch into because you'll get hit on the switch, and if you survive you'll most likely get outsped and killed on the next turn. At first I was skeptical about this ban but I'm glad it's happening, Greninja's annoying. If Talonflame was gonna get suspected it already would have. Talonflame actually has counters (Rotom-W, Tyranitar, Heatran), unlike Greninja. Plus, Talonflame is weak to SR, relies mostly on recoil moves to deal damage, and is actually kind of weak with only base 80 Attack, I don't think it will be going anywhere. I don't think Smogon's perfect by any means, and I agree that they ban stuff all the time, but it doesn't really bother me because then I don't have to deal with the annoying stuff they ban.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I like to use Greninja. I personally would not like to see it gone. However, is it the right choice?
Pros: Mixed to damage everything in OU hard, a large enough movepool to threaten nearly everything, and speed to outrun a lot of the meta.
Cons: Talonflame's Brave Bird is a problem, and it cannot switch in to anything.
I would say... no. It is, in my opinion, as balanced as Talonflame, and if it goes, Talon is next.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I like to use Greninja. I personally would not like to see it gone. However, is it the right choice?
Pros: Mixed to damage everything in OU hard, a large enough movepool to threaten nearly everything, and speed to outrun a lot of the meta.
Cons: Talonflame's Brave Bird is a problem, and it cannot switch in to anything.
I would say... no. It is, in my opinion, as balanced as Talonflame, and if it goes, Talon is next.

In agreement to the above statement, neither Greninja nor Talonflame deserve the bann-hammer. Both mentioned Pokémon are frail enough to be OHKOed by the most common of moves; especially since Greninja cannot stand up to anything Scarfed nor when paralyzed. Talonflame faces a similar obstacle in facing off again the most common threat that is Rotom. Sure, it does a bit of a number to them, but can only 3/4HKO at best, even when CBanded.

In my opinion, neither deserve banns, however deserve a bit of looking into every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.