• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
Hello all, (happy late new years!) ive been out of the loop for a while, been on vacation for the last 4-5 days, and have been working on beating alpha sapphire (about to head to victory road). more or less, i've got my team team together, minus a few items i'll be using (i'll need to beat the E4+considerable battle Maison battling for BP). any how, since i've been out of the loop for quite a long time, it would be great if someone could fill me in as to whats new with the league and THT in general, and what and how the league will work. i just might have to sit this tourney (i know i'm using the wrong word, i'm pretty much a complete novice as to how leagues work.) out till i can get my act together. any assistance would be really really appreciated.

Spacial

procrastination
Help. This is a doubles rain team that I've been working on and testing out on Showdown. Politoed, Weavile (which are my leads), Magnezone and Volcarona are working well but Thundurus and Swampert aren't - Thundurus isn't making much of an impact and isn't really bringing anything to battles and M-Swampert is just lacking in something. I'm thinking about replacing Thundurus with Landorus-T and M-Swampert with a different Rain Dance abuser... Any thoughts?

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
Ice Punch
Knock Off
Protect

Magnezone @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe / 4 Sp.D
Modest Nature
Thunder
HP Ice
Flash Cannon
Volt Switch

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 218 Def / 36 Sp.A
Bold Nature
Scald
Focus Blast
Toxic / Protect
Perish Song

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe / 4 Sp.D
Modest Nature
Heat Wave
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance
Hurricane

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent -> Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Rain Dance

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

ShinyHunt2_zps4aa8cadd.png

We're proud to present the 2nd THT Shiny Hunt - Hoenn Special.
The THT Shiny Hunt is a contest that challenges the contestants to hatch or find a specific Shiny Pokémon in a set ammount of time. The challenger who gets the best shiny will win an amazing prize.
For this edition, each contestant will pick a Pokémon from the Hoenn Region that is capable of Mega Evolving. This will work on a first come first served basis, and you can't pick a Pokémon that has already been picked. The list will be on the main post for you to check what has been picked already.

The list will be the following:
- Treecko
- Torchic
- Mudkip
- Sableye
- Mawile
- Carvanha
- Numel
- Ralts
- Aron
- Meditite
- Electrike
- Swablu
- Shuppet
- Snorunt
- Absol
- Bagon
- Beldum

RULES

The contest will work on the same principle as the Johto Bug Catching Contest. You have 4 weeks from now to hatch/catch the best possible Shiny. The method is entirely up to you. You can get it on Friend Safari, hatch it from an egg, use DexNav, soft-reset, use PokeRadar, as long as you get it yourself, don't hack and don't use Powersaves. You can't use a previously obtained shiny to enter the contest!

The contest starts next Monday 5th January 2015 and will close by 1st February 2015.

EVALUATION CRITERIA

The evaluation will be made by myself based on several criteria:
- Nature
(based on competitive standards)
- Perfect IVs
(how many 31 IVs and what stats are they in)
- Method
(Shiny Charm, MMing, Random Encounter)
- Egg moves

In case of a draw, the following criteria are applied:
- Speed
(The sooner you got your shiny, the better)

There will be no criteria regarding the tiers or the use of the Pokémon. A 6IV Shuppet will (almost) always win over a 5IV Mawile, even if Mawile is better at competitive battles.

SUBMISSION

When you get your shiny, you'll have to submit into this thread and by PM to me:

1. A picture of your shiny
It has to show the nature and the date of capture. If it has egg moves, please show them too.

2. Details on your achievement
How many eggs you hatched? How many random encounters? Did you try to get a good parent? Did you just find it accidentally?

You can submit as soon as you want, but the results won't be evaluated until the end of the contest. If you get a non-perfect shiny, you can keep it and keep hatching. If by the end of the contest you haven't found a better one, you can use the one you got before, just like in the Bug Catching Contest. Your second submission will replace the first.

PRIZES

The winner will have the pleasure of getting a Japanese Tanabata Jirachi, legit and untouched (but cloned), so try hard for it!
385.gif

The contenders will also get SPs based on their classification:
1st - 120 SP
2nd - 90 SP
3rd - 60 SP

Every member that submits a shiny successfully and finishes outside the top three will get 30 SP as a consolation regardless of their position.

ENTRY

Just post in here what Pokémon you choose and that you want to enter the hunt.​

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

I'll take Meditite. Also, can it be bred in XY or does it have to be bred in ORAS?

Can be bred on both ;) Only requirement is the blue pentagon. Even the method is up to you, you may even use a random encounter shiny if you want.

BTW, just to keep everyone more or less on the same grounds, don't start working on your shiny until Monday. That's the official contest start to give everyone time to see the post and pick a Pokémon.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Ooh looks exciting! I'll take Swablu, although there's school and my parents lock my 3DS in a cupboard a lot so I probably won't get much of a chance to get the shiny :D

Mega Typhlosion

Ooh looks exciting! I'll take Swablu, although there's school and my parents lock my 3DS in a cupboard a lot so I probably won't get much of a chance to get the shiny :D

I got one with DexNav after about 10 encounters on my first playthrough so maybe you'll have luck lol

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Can be bred on both ;) Only requirement is the blue pentagon. Even the method is up to you, you may even use a random encounter shiny if you want.

BTW, just to keep everyone more or less on the same grounds, don't start working on your shiny until Monday. That's the official contest start to give everyone time to see the post and pick a Pokémon.

Lol. I was about to start. Just breeding it with egg moves now. So I'll get the egg moves and some good IVs and wait until Monday to start going for a shiny.

Spacial

procrastination
I've spent my afternoon breeding 2 boxes of Sneasel looking for a Jolly natured one .-. I got an ADAMANT one that was perfect in one of the first few eggs but I need Jolly... Urgh I was so close...

Anyone up for a wifi battle?

EDIT: aaaaand I just got a Jolly one from GTS. What a waste of time...

Last edited:

Celebi2002

Rescuer
Hey I'd Liketo join this guild

Username: Celebi2002
PS/PO name: Livy (Note I can only do Showdown)
3DS Friend Code:
Desired Division: Sky
Favourite Pokemon: Celebi
Battle experience and favorite tier: Um well did come 17th in Canada for the battle of legends Junior Division (BEFORE I LOST MY X VERSION with 200 Shinnies on it). And Little Cup ALL THE WAY!!!
Referrer: Nobody
Time zone (GMT+/-): -5
About you: Well very timid so I'm Surprised I even joined the forums First Pokemon game I played was a used version of crystal that only had a celebi on it. Eventually caught Suicune (But was annoying). I love the Pokemon md games. I mean with "Grovyle" and Dusknoir for the 2nd one. Yes I have a weak heart I will have empathy for fiction characters.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I've spent my afternoon breeding 2 boxes of Sneasel looking for a Jolly natured one .-. I got an ADAMANT one that was perfect in one of the first few eggs but I need Jolly... Urgh I was so close...

Anyone up for a wifi battle?

I can battle when I get back home. Should be in 20 mins

Romeo32

I choose Carvanha for the shiny hunting contest, Shelly won't be able to resist me now ;)

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hey I'd Liketo join this guild

Username: Celebi2002
PS/PO name: Livy (Note I can only do Showdown)
3DS Friend Code:
Desired Division: Sky
Favourite Pokemon: Celebi
Battle experience and favorite tier: Um well did come 17th in Canada for the battle of legends Junior Division (BEFORE I LOST MY X VERSION with 200 Shinnies on it). And Little Cup ALL THE WAY!!!
Referrer: Nobody
Time zone (GMT+/-): -5
About you: Well very timid so I'm Surprised I even joined the forums First Pokemon game I played was a used version of crystal that only had a celebi on it. Eventually caught Suicune (But was annoying). I love the Pokemon md games. I mean with "Grovyle" and Dusknoir for the 2nd one. Yes I have a weak heart I will have empathy for fiction characters.

Welcome to the guild, hope you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to jump into the conversation; we've got what looks like a Shiny Hunt, various competitive things going about so forth, so if any of those takes your fancy then yeah.

I have nothing exciting to add about today; I joined a new guild for my Rogue and now I'm trying to make 1500 gold to buy some heirlooms from the guild.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Well I might as well pick Aron to hunt for btw do anyone have any suggestions on what type of Gyarados I should use I'm thinking defensive but I need a second opinion.

Spacial

procrastination
Well I might as well pick Aron to hunt for btw do anyone have any suggestions on what type of Gyarados I should use I'm thinking defensive but I need a second opinion.

D-Dance Gyarados. I think the ones I've battled against have had D-Dance, EQ, a water type STAB and Crunch (because I think it can get Crunch now). They're very effective in Doubles.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

I would say it depends what you're trying to do with it. If you're building a team around Gyarados, then definitely go for a DD set. If you want something that can take a hit and hit something else hard, then stick with defensive. I do like the defensive Gyarados though.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
i think i might sit this one out, i know next to nothing about breeding for shinies, and i'm miserable at chaining. that said i might give it a shot if i have time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.