1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Hoenn Triangle

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by Ninja Eevee, Nov 11, 2011.

?

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Poll closed Dec 11, 2011.
  1. Yes I Am :)

60.0%
  2. No I'm Not :(

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynxForte

LynxForte The Phoenix

The tier list wasn't updated, but on the smogon forums they banned him with majority vote. If you Google greninja smogon ban, you should be able to find it. I think someone posted the link a couple pages back too

2. Fossildude747

Fossildude747 Fossil Fighters Fan!

Oh, I see now.

You in the smash league? I wanna play a set with someone besides romeo for once today.

3. Ekans647

Ekans647 Strongest Shield

Hey snivy! It's good to see you're back. I've actually open registration for another Smash Bros. tournament!

4. Mega Typhlosion

Mega Typhlosion Well-Known Member

I was going to skip the Battle of Hoenn competition... but we're getting a HA Tyrunt as a prize!! So... I may actually breed that HP Ice Blaziken. Either that or go with my Mega Absol... hmm.

And they just announced a competition for Doubles.... with LEGENDS! Primal Groudon!!!!
    Ok, I need a Groudon...

5. Fossildude747

I probably can't enter, too busy breeding for shinies. And TBH, I don't see how a tyrantrum is competitively useful, even if I love it's design.

6. LynxForte

LynxForte The Phoenix

I have smash, I just don't play it. I need to just trade it in.

Tyrantrum has Strong Jaw for its hidden ability if I'm not mistaken. Same ability as mega Sharpedo. It can take a physical hit and dish it out with one of the elemental fangs

7. Mega Typhlosion

Actually that's its regular ability. The HA is Rock Head... STAB Head Smash with no recoil? OH YEAH!

Okay, tested a team concept for the competition on PS Smogon Doubles Ubers. Won everything. To be honest there are a lot of noobs in there but I enjoyed this..
    Primal Groudon and White Kyurem with Gravity support. Precipice Blades and Blizzard hitting 100% of the time :D Then a combo of Swagger and Safeguard to make Groudon wreck everything. And also Tailwind to make both unstoppable. I also have Mega Houndoom with Heat Wave to partner Groudon and Venusaur (Mega or not: Mega to counter Primal Kyogre teams, non-Mega to abuse the sun with a very fast Sleep Powder that always hits under Gravity).

I need an Adamant Groudon from OR though :( Anybody has one for trade? (I can clone *cof cof* and get you any AS legend with the nature you want once I finish AS.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. jyl5555

jyl5555 New Member

Ponymon, you can just give me a random gible. It doesn't really matter.

Also, can I become a breeder? I'm kinda noobish, but i'll try...
    All I need is a ditto.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  9. Mega Typhlosion

If you're "noobish" maybe you should try getting used to it by breeding for yourself before starting breeding for the rest. It's something that takes a lot of time and requires some patience ;)

10. I'm soft resetting for a Jolly Rayquaza and Modest Deoxys (I have my Jolly Synchronizer which I replace for Rayquaza). Wish me luck. I'm not even in to Ubers, lol.

Shiny wise, I'd found a shiny Zigzagoon (route 104 right after Petalburg) and Shiny Pelipper (Ever Grande City) by the end of my first week playing OR.

Obviously, I'm not very active on Serebii atm. I apologize for that. It probably won't change soon.

11. Fossildude747

Hey Top Skuttler, haven't seen ya in a while!

Feel free to smash4 me tomorrow, sent you a vm about it.

Anyways, too bad you aren't very active, hope you will be soon, although like you said that's unlikely.

EDIT: Added to my showdown VGC team, and I am considering building it in game sometime, I don't have any teams in game, but I will wait til I get OR.

I was thinking if it's a TR team, why not add another slow pokemon that's strong though? Instantly I thought of mega metagross.

Lickilicky @ Chople Berry
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def
    Brave Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Protect
    - Return
    - Gyro Ball
    - Brick Break

Meowstic @ Tanga Berry
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Swagger
    - Trick Room
    - Helping Hand
    - Confusion

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Swagger
    - Gyro Ball
    - Return
    - Light Screen

I am thinking I need another special attacker, since this is mostly physical attackers, and I might want a wall too. But the thing is 2/3 of these are psychic, so I am thinking about a fighting type special attacker, but I don't think there is one. Any suggestions? It just has to have some nice fighting moves.

Meanwhile I have no idea what I should use as a wall.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  12. LynxForte

LynxForte The Phoenix

Have you searched the gts for a gible? You might be able to find one for a decent trade. Or if you're playing ORAS, you can use the dexnav to find one. If you're playing XY, you can find them next to the power plant

13. JohnMango95

JohnMango95 Loyal magma grunt

does anyone have any tips for me as far as shiny breeding goes? i don't have a shiny charm, is there any other way i could breed a shiny?

14. Wego

Wego WeCounting Stars

Hey guys I have nothing to do so do any one want to battle on PS just pm me

15. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

It's perfectly possible to breed shinies without the Shiny Charm, personally I've bred 3 without it (one was when I wasn't counting and it took me about 6 boxes, Numel took 457 eggs and my Swablu took 234 eggs). All you need is 2 6IV parents with a Destiny Knot and an Everstone on the one whose nature you want for the babies. Then just collect eggs for a few boxes (for Swablu I collected 10 boxes and didn't need to collect any more) and then just take the eggs that you've collected and hatch them all.

16. Mega Typhlosion

Actually the IVs and items don't matter for the Shiny, they're just for you to get a perfect one. What increases the likelihood is having different nationality Pokémon. For example, a Japanese Eevee and an English Ditto, or a Spanish Ditto and an Italian Charizard. The Shiny Charm is not mandatory, nor are the nationalities, but they both increase your chances.

17. Okay, I got Jolly Rayquaza and Modest Deoxys on my second try.

What page is registration for the Smash tourney on?

18. Fossildude747

I believe the smash thing is 2 pages back.

By the way guys, not gonna be as active on the guild for a few months probably, I have a special event going on at my forum to tend to and I don't feel like competitive atm.

19. snivy trainer

snivy trainer Driving myself batty

Even though I'm back online fully functional I don't have anything to say. I mean I could build some competitive teams - maybe after the long break I'll finally break from my repetitive restarting teams. I restarted AS, but I'm back to the original point I started at with a slightly lower leveled team but with ideal natures and not 3 hours clocked into it so early on. It makes me feel better. Anyway, going back to the competitive thing I'm thinking of building around Mega Gallade since it looks awesome in-game, although there're so many other choices. Eh, who knows. Might go to Ubers instead. I'm going out tomorrow with one of my school friends who apparently likes Pokemon (as does a quite large group of my friends), which is fantastic yet also slightly alarming. Good though. He wants to buy ORAS, and I don't know what I want to do.

Well my World of Warcraft Rogue has gotten 700 gold, but I need 500 more to get the Heirloom cloak. Once I obtain that I can finally start my Monk, although I may create a Pandaren character to get the Copper Ore so my Monk can start perfectly, although I'm sick of Pandaren at the moment and their long-*** quests. Might have to just level along and hope I find enough ore along the way to level Engineering.

20. Fossildude747

Forget I ever said this actually, so I am still in shiny hunt and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.