1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Hoenn Triangle

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by Ninja Eevee, Nov 11, 2011.

?

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Poll closed Dec 11, 2011.
  1. Yes I Am :)

60.0%
  2. No I'm Not :(

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnMango95

JohnMango95 Loyal magma grunt

ok, so i have a US/ENG Dusclops and a JPN dusknoir. i'm not after a perfect shiny duskull, just any shiny duskull. i would go chaining, but chaining in caves/MT pyre is a real pain :p

2. Mega Typhlosion

Mega Typhlosion Well-Known Member

That would give you a good chance (but lower than chaining mind) of finding a shiny yeah.

3. JohnMango95

JohnMango95 Loyal magma grunt

personally, i'd love to chain, but for the life of me i can't chain in caves or Mt. pyre. i've tried to trade for one, but apparently the diancie i offered wasn't enough :p i'll keep trying, but i've had pretty bad luck with breeding thus far.

4. Fossildude747

Fossildude747 Fossil Fighters Fan!

I know how you feel, I wanted to chain for the shiny hunt but bagon's location in XY isn't good for chaining, and he's the rarest pokemon there.

5. CedOmega

CedOmega 4570-7932-5223

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203138103

Check out the above battle for those interested.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the inactivity, however I'm working on a team RMT, so proofreading takes a bit of time and focus. Not to mention, the process of identifying threats for my threat list and whatnot. Just an activity post mainly. Haha. Gotta let you guys know I'm still around. ;)

6. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

Ah yes I forgot to mention that even though it's the most important element of Masauda Methoding, I have a 6IV Jap Ditto which lives in my Daycare all of the time (apart from when I'm breeding egg moves onto things) so I tend to overlook the whole foreign Pokemon thing.

Nice battle Ced, if Landorus-Ts keep Intimidating you maybe just try using Ice Punch (unless you have already and it hasn't worked).

My OU team is coming along nicely, it consists of 3 'dancers' - Weavile with Swords Dance (instead of Fake Out - it really works well when people switch predicting a Fake Out), Volcarona with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance and M-Gyarados with Dragon Dance, as well as Trevenant, Sigilyph and Magnezone. I'm having trouble with Heatran and Rotom-Wash, I want to replace Magnezone with something that can deal with them (Gyarados is fine against Heatran but usually it ends up fainting before Heatran is brought in), is there any single Pokemon that covers both? Grass would be needed for Rotom and either Water or Ground for Heatran... The only Pokemon with those types are Ludicolo and Torterra, neither of which I have any experience using... a Special Attacking (Rotom-Wash has Will-O-Wisp) Water/Ground type would work too, perhaps Gastrodon?

7. I'd like to enter the smash tourney, but I'm bot sure about my activity. I might well forfeit at some point.

Ken-Combo's sign up form:
    Username: Top Skuttler
    3DS Name: Sol
    3DS Friend Code: 0834 2991 9052
    Timezone: GMT 0 (British time)
    About You: I liek smash

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  8. CedOmega

CedOmega 4570-7932-5223

Quagsire may be an answer as well since it can utilize Curse or Stockpile to boost up and hit hard even against those of boosted threats thanks to Unaware availability.

9. Romeo32

Romeo32 Rock n' Roll Rebel

Quagsire might work, but I don't think he really handles Rotom-W that well, since he doesn't have anything to hit it hard, and good luck setting up on it without getting burned. My recommendation would be Mold Breaker Excadrill. He hits both Rotom and Heatran with his powerful STAB Earthquake and provides Rapid Spin support, which would be very useful on your team as 3 of your Pokemon are weak to it if you count Gyarados before it megas.

10. snivy trainer

snivy trainer Driving myself batty

You want something that beats Heatran & Rotom- Wash? Latios with Earthquake works every time. Trevenant and Mold Breaker Gyarados should be able to handle Rotom- Wash fairly well and Gyarados beats Heatran OK. Latios checks Rotom- Wash, gives you Defog support for your team and has Earthquake for Heatran. Could be an option. Quagsire does **** all to Rotom- Wash except Toxic it, which doesn't always work since many run ChestoRest (I run ChestoRest). So yeah I'd say Latios works well.

Latios @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Hasty / Naive Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Earthquake
    - Defog
    - Roost / Psyshock / Thunderbolt

11. Romeo32

Latios seems like a good option too, but I've noticed her team has no Stealth Rocker, which Excadrill could also do. Having a team without rocks is pretty silly imo.

Played a set of Sm4sh with Ponymon and won.

12. snivy trainer

Yeah Stealth Rock is useful, not really mandatory but near enough. Talonflame will wreck that team so badly, might want to run standard Leftovers DD Gyarados or something for it. Eh, who knows.

13. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

That was what Magnezone was for- Sturdy with Weakness Policy, waits for Talon to Flare Blitz and then Thunderbolts. I prefer not to Stealth Rock since most of my teams weaknesses aren't hit very hard by it, although a Rapid Spinner or Defog would be useful. I already have an Excadrill in game and that's what I'm aiming for my team to be so its an option yes. I'll give it a try and figure it out, thanks for the suggestions ^~^

Confirming that Romeo won.

14. snivy trainer

Well I'm bored since I've got to wait for someone in WoW to buy my Mithril Bar (or I go earn 200 gold doing something else which I cannot be bothered to do) so I'm either going to play Xbox (woohoo Skyrim again) or build an ORAS team (the tier I haven't actually chosen yet, any suggestions?). So I figured that I'd plan a Skyrim character and play that for the evening, and then check to see how my profits are doing on my WoW character. If I get 200 gold, I'm set - I can delete the Rogue and start my Undead Monk on a PvP server (that character I named Brewdini).

15. Ekans647

Ekans647 Strongest Shield

Accepted! I've added the sign up form to the main SSB post.
    Alright. You ware awarded 10 SP.

So I have a Love/Hate relationship with For Glory. I love that we finally have a proper online mode, but dammit the matchmaking system is terrible. At around ~50%, you get caught in this vacuum, where you end up facing someone far better than you, or someone far worse. So while you skill is higher than your rank might suggest otherwise, you're still not at the same level of opponents you face. So your only option is to try and get better, but that becomes incredibly hard since matches will often pass by very quickly against far better opponents, giving you little chance to practice. And while you might get better, you're still losing and eventually you'll be forced down into the lower ranks. But because your previous opponent were so much better, you mop the floor with the lower ranks. Eventually you'll claw back up to your previous rank, only for you to be defeated yet again by superior players, due to the fact that you had no one good to play against. This causes an infinite loop that causes you just to simply accumulate wins and losses on end.

16. Romeo32

Im not really sure if Sm4sh even has a matchmaking system at all, to me it seems like the match ups are completely random. For Glory is riddled with other flaws too. The most obvious one is the lag, which could easily be fixed if Nintendo would just buy some dedicated servers rather than using peer-to-peer connections, but unfortunately I don't think they have enough sense to do that. Another huge problem with For Glory is that you only get to play on FD/Omega stages. While this may not seem like a big deal, it makes it so that players who only play FG have a very hard time playing on stages like Battlefield because they have no experience in utilizing the options given to them by platforms, not to mention it gives characters with king range projectiles, such as Link, a huge advantage. If Nintendo would just make a matchmaking system, buy dedicated servers, and allow us to play in more stages, it would be a near perfect mode. But sadly I don't think that they will ever make any of those changes and FG will remain a joke.

17. Ekans647

Ekans647 Strongest Shield

I appreciate the concept of FG, it's just executed poorly. With the FD only format, projectile characters are a pain. I've encountered so many Samus players that just roll and fire projectiles. Characters like Ganondorf are hell to use because of this.

18. snivy trainer

I need to play Smash some more; I've never even done For Glory and I mainly just use it to battle people online that I know (you guys basically, maybe my brother or friends). I'd join the Smash tournament too, but I'm busy and I find that due to my crappyness at the game my ego gets dented badly, and I really don't like that :p. All jokes aside I find that if I tried to join something would happen that would mean I couldn't do it (I swear every time I want to do a war battle something goes wrong with my internet). So yeah.

I had an epiphany that it might be a better idea to play a Warrior/Hunter/Druid in World of Warcraft if I want to succeed in PvP Arenas and other things. Monks do OK but the other 3 classes (my other choices) are more sought after, both for raids and for many PvP 2v2/3v3 matches. Considering I have Leather heirlooms Warrior's out, but I could probably get away with Hunter. Druid or Monk are fine, might stick to the Monk but I might not. I quit Hunters because they were boring at the time, but after a weeks break they don't seem so bad. Who knows.

19. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

Guys its probably considered a form of spam to talk about Sm4sh and not Pokemon. I haven't really got much to say about Sm4sh but if you want to have a discussion about it try to include Pokemon stuff too or else either you or THT will get an infraction. I don't like to be a pain in the arse and I'm not sure whether or not it is considered as spam but you should keep in mind that the mods do monitor our discussions and THT has already been locked for a week back when Guilds were Clans. I don't mind if we have a discussion about Sm4sh going on just bear that in mind ^~^ I could be completely wrong though, I'll check through the Guild rules.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2015-203606791 Aron is a female dog. I didn't handle it very well since I have little experience with it but god...

20. snivy trainer

Doubt it; Sm4sh is a Nintendo format and is openly talked about by most communities here on the forums. Plus it has Pokemon in the game, so I see no reason as to why it's spam.

I haven't seen the battle (doing other things) but Aron is a pain but luckily it's just a gimmick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.