• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Hi new person!

Your name is too complicated, so do you mind if I call you Iao?

Haha. Just call me Okie.
(Like Oh-Key)

And I like RU, Aggron is in it. :)
Also if like to sign up for a breeder?

Username:ImAnOKIE12
Desired Job:Breeder
Experience in this position: A lot. Been breeding for alot, not recently cause couldn't find dis
Why you should get the job: I like breeding. And helping others out, plus I'm not a big battler
Availability: Mostly, once evey two weeks, but I'm about to start working so that may shorten, but when I am, it'll probably be a long time when I get a break

And a question, do we get points for breeding?

Hudsonn98

Okie, your job request is accepted. The answer to your question about obtaining points is in the first post. I think you do but I don't remember.

NU is my favorite tier. And I agree with Snivy that OU is overrated.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The Wonkymon tournament is going to take place after the tourney and the war team establishing.
If someone can find that thread, we will commence since I cannot find the thread for the concept. Did Wonkymon get migrated to Hackmon on PS?

Yveltal96

A little more human
OU isn't really overrated, i know soooo many people that prefer NU and RU. Many people play in it, because they aren't limited to just using OU pokes, they can use anything from OU down to NU

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Okie, your job request is accepted. The answer to your question about obtaining points is in the first post. I think you do but I don't remember

Well it says 'Hatch an Egg' so I didn't know if that counted or not. And thanks! I'm trying to get back into breeding. And I finally got around to beating the Elite four. Pissing a lot of people off on gts negos. Cause I'm trying to level my join avenue up to lol 15 so I can get the nursery.

And I prefer NU and RU as well.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Welcome back RedAce, haven't seen you in forever!

Yeah ^^; Sorry about that.

@RedAce: Hi, I'm new here, but just by a couple of months.

Well a late welcome to the clan then.

Hello Rose and Red! Haven't seen you in forever.
Hi back, and sorry for being gone so long.

I will quit pokemon if they introduce quad battles...legit!

Glad I'm not the only one losing their interest in Pokemon. High five for interest losing buddies!

Agreed! Quad is a step too far. The lost of intrest is due to all this ev/iv BS to the point you lose all the fun in it, I was fine with the EV and Nature... IV was another step too far and makes too much of a difference in battles :/ I love having fun battles and to be competive, but I shouldn't have to spend hours upon hours breeding, poke dollors, and retries to just make a decent pokemon for a team and then have another 5 to go and to level all to 100, since Nintendo didn't like the auto leveler for online play.... but slowly getting intrest back, if gen VI isn't that good or holds my intrest, this will be my last time on here or playing pokemon sadly.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
OK. Nice to hear from you RedAce lol.

I doubt I'd quit Pokémon due to the fact I play a wide range of games from 3rd, 4th and 5th generations. You know- LG + Emerald, D/P/Pt + HG/SS, B/W + BW2. But after 5th gen, I think most people started slipping away from Pokémon, for other games like Skyrim and Minecraft.

I still haven't chosen a game, nor have I chosen a tier :(

And what is Wonkymon?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I mean any new battle style will obviously get some negative feedback and initially be hated. Rotation sucked imo before I tried it, and when I did, I thought it was awesome!
Quad battles will be too far, however, and I feel Gamefreak would not release something like this.

So how about:
Auto-Rotation battles? Attack/Sp.Attack Eviolites, Consecutive Stat-Boosting Items? New Weather Effects and New Weather Moves?

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
i have some argument for and against todays competitive metagame.

people complain pokemon is becoming all to do with stats and natures and EV/IVs, however, you DONT have to play like that. before i joined/created this clan, i could only wish i was a competitive battler. my best set, now that i like back on it, was Dragonite, with: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Fly, and Roost. i knew what STAB moves where nd that was the extent of my knowledge. whenever i play through the games, i DON'T EV train. i ev trained certain pokemon, but not my main 6. it takes too much time without the items. BUT, you cant play a random person without them playing competitively. You dont have to EV train if you are playing with friends or people you know. HOWEVER, if your pokemon are insanely weak, then some EVtraining is good, in my games, (hertgold at least), the route below the lake of rage is full of pokes that give special attack EVs, when i want to train for levels, i train my special attackers there, just for the bonus. i dont count how many EVs im getting, but i know that its helping my pokemon get stronger

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
REDACE AND SNIVY UR BACK!.

Now all we need is Scorch...

Gosh I need to start on my wonkymons team lol.
And yeah, when I play in-game, I also dont EV train. Takes the fun out it imo.
Snivy glad to see u use Tornadus-I. It needs more love. Tell me when ur done with the team, so I can play u some time!

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Umm... I've been back for 2 days lol. But anyway, thanks Justin, you've got me back into this OU Rain team.

Since I can't play LG at the present time, I've decided I'll be playing either HG or Platinum. Your choice. Whoever's on anyway. However, if you don't make a descision by 11pm tonight, I'll make up my own mind. Thank you.

Politoed@ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SpA/-Atk)
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Drizzle
~ Hydro Pump
~ Focus Blast
~ Ice Beam
~ Encore

Tornadus@ Sharp Beak
Timid Nature (+Spe/-Atk)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Prankster
~ Hurricane
~ Focus Blast
~ U -Turn
~ Tailwind

Forretress@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def/-Spe)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
0 Spe IV's
Sturdy
~ Stealth Rock
~ Rapid Spin
~ Volt Switch
~ Gyro Ball

Gastrodon@ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+SpD/-Atk)
252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Storm Drain
~ Scald
~ Earth Power
~ Toxic
~ Recover

Toxicroak@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature (+Spe/-SpA)
24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Dry Skin
~ Swords Dance
~ Drain Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Ice Punch

Kyurem- B@ Chocie Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk/-SpA)
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Terravolt
~ Fusion Bolt
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Claw
~ Ice Beam

Weaknesses:
Electric x2- Gastrodon is immune |
Grass x2- resisted by Forretress, Toxicroak and Tornadus |
Ice - resisted by Politoed and Forretress |
Rock- resisted by Gastrodon and Toxicroak |
Fire- Rain neutralises it, Politoed and Gastrodon resist it |
Psychic- Forretress resists it
Flying-

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Maybe Justin means you're back to your normal competitive team spewing self.

I'm hopeless at weather teams, I always use way too many pokés of whatever type my team's weather is.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Do people actually EV train their team for a run through the game???

And Snivy, I have a post a few posts back with a description of Wonkymons. It's basically a tier where all the abilities are moved around.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Right... slightly worried. Is there a link?

My OU rain team is being edited on my pot above. When it's finished, I'll re post it on the next post I make.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Do people actually EV train their team for a run through the game???

And Snivy, I have a post a few posts back with a description of Wonkymons. It's basically a tier where all the abilities are moved around.

I EV train my ingame team lol. I EV train almost every single Pokemon I get.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I don't EV train in game 'Mons. If I was going to do a runthrough, I definately wouldn't. Otherwise for now PS is good enough for me. I do have Pokemon to EV train, sure, but I just don't EV train them.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I doubt I'd quit Pokémon due to the fact I play a wide range of games from 3rd, 4th and 5th generations. You know- LG + Emerald, D/P/Pt + HG/SS, B/W + BW2. But after 5th gen, I think most people started slipping away from Pokémon, for other games like Skyrim and Minecraft.

I play Skyrim, Minecraft (pocket edition) and Pokemkn. I always lose interest in one of the three but will always find my self some time coming back to play them. And yeah, I probably won't get Xand Y. I usually get both games. First the one I want real bad bthen like the other one for like my birthday or Christmas. But I'm not going to buy a 3DS just for Pokemkn. I'd have to find some other games to interest me.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I play Skyrim, Minecraft (pocket edition) and Pokemkn. I always lose interest in one of the three but will always find my self some time coming back to play them. And yeah, I probably won't get Xand Y. I usually get both games. First the one I want real bad bthen like the other one for like my birthday or Christmas. But I'm not going to buy a 3DS just for Pokemkn. I'd have to find some other games to interest me.

Well there are tons of great games for the 3DS
One that I will be getting soon is Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. I'm excited for that one it preludes KHIII!
Also I have played skyrim and I just can't find the appeal. The story line has little to offer and the gameplay is unappealing. The graphics are also fairly subpar compared to many other games of the day. Plus, it's just too damn long.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
ive calulcated that, as long as my friends, whether its by themelves or together, get me at least Skyrim on PC, i will need to make

£90 Nintendo 3DS
£380 Gaming Computer
£35 Pokemon X/Y [dont know which one to get]

£505 Total

but... i only have/will have

£30 from my uncles last christmas
£23 Selling DSi when i get my 3DS
£7 Misc. DS Games

i need to make A LOT of money

Status
Not open for further replies.