• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
I have exams in every subject next week and to make me revise instead of using my phone/DS, my parents are giving me money if I get good marks in the exams. So that's my X and Y funds covered, hopefully. I spend loads of money recently on a jumbo Pikachu plush and some MLPFiM build-a-bears. I don't normally spend my money on stuffed toys, but.....

Aaaaaaaaanyway, I've been playing PMD Gates to Infinity loads. The 3D isn't great, so I never use it, and most of the music is a bit slack (although I really like the track for Glacier Path, or whatever you call it - can't remember) and the plot tends to be repetitive and predictable, but it's a lot easier to play than the previous PMD games, I love the idea behind Paradise (gathering materials from missions instead of doing them aimlessly to build convenient stuff) and I also like the move ranks and the way exp is shared between the whole team.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Well there are tons of great games for the 3DS
One that I will be getting soon is Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. I'm excited for that one it preludes KHIII!
Also I have played skyrim and I just can't find the appeal. The story line has little to offer and the gameplay is unappealing. The graphics are also fairly subpar compared to many other games of the day. Plus, it's just too damn long.

Yeah, ive never actually played KH... >.> <.<

But on Skyrim, i only play the quests and stuff to unlock shouts, then i go around and F*** s**t up. :) With my flame atronarch, that thing has saved me so many times. Especailyl with Dragons. And ths Damn Mammoth sized Frostbite spiders. :/

Yveltal96

A little more human
Yeah, ive never actually played KH... >.> <.<

But on Skyrim, i only play the quests and stuff to unlock shouts, then i go around and F*** s**t up. :) With my flame atronarch, that thing has saved me so many times. Especailyl with Dragons. And ths Damn Mammoth sized Frostbite spiders. :/

Skyrim is so boring though. And there isn't a good story line to it. Kingdom hearts undebateably the best story line ever in any video game series. The gameplay has a lot to offer and always is giving it something new like environmentally based attack, and the graphics are great in all of them.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
You use Flame Atronach? Really? Huh. I go around raising the dead, setting badass runes, snipe **** with my Crossbow and then hack the probably already dead enemy with my axe and shield. But lately I've had to use a Flame Atronach for the Ash Spawn battles (on Solsthiem, or Dragonborn DLC as it's referred to as). Great to see a fellow Skyrim gamer, as Yvetial doesn't really talk about it. Solved my Dawnguard problem. Gunmar was on Solstheim, right on the ****ing island on the other side of highlevelenemiesville. I'm only level 13. Still got to do The Horn Of Jurgen Windcaller quest. To get 'Dah' for Unrelenting Force.

I don't like my OU team, and I haven't even used it yet. Bah! I'll make another team.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Skyrim is so boring though. And there isn't a good story line to it.

You-
YOU TAKE BACK WHAT YOU JUST SAID!!

Now back to battling and teams discussion…

I'd like some suggestions for a non-OU Mono-Flying team. Who should i choose?
Aerodactyl is UU now, so that's a possibility. Altaria would be a great support position, but its stats are a bit on the low side (defenses are decent though)

Man I wish I could help with being a Team Tester, but I have no computer!
If I had a better DS I would help with EV training.

And I think you guys should get 6th gen. I'd hate, and I mean hate, to be talking about sixth gen when you guys may not know what I'm talking about. Don't be intimidated by the mechanics, just enjoy the game like when we were kids (you know, the derpy things we were when we gained consciousness?).

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
when HGSS came out, i was so excited i knew everything about the game before it came out. for X & Y, im going to try a regional catch 'em all by catching every pokemon on every route i go throught first time. im trying that on Black 2 and its challenging but fun. i want to be surprised by the pokemon i find. i dont want to find out all the pokemon designs before hand. although i do want a structured team. usually one of the following

Fire Water Grass Flying
Fighting Water Grass Flying
Fire Electric Grass Flying
Fire Water Electric Flying

its usually hard to find a good grass type, but im probably going to go mainstream with gogoat

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Froakie, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Pancham have already placed their places in my in-game team.
If we stay around long enough, Hoenn will get a comeback and we'll finally be true Hoenneers!

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Yveltal: Hate to break it to you but KH 3D is one of the worst games I've ever played... I hated the gameplay and the story. That's just me though.

On topic, whaaat
Why on earth would you train your ingame team???

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Yveltal: Hate to break it to you but KH 3D is one of the worst games I've ever played... I hated the gameplay and the story. That's just me though.
Please tell me you're only saying this for KH3D! KH is one of the best series I've ever played (or watched on Youtube for the newer ones I'm too lazy to get). And so is Skyrim!

On topic, whaaat
Why on earth would you train your ingame team???
Um because I want to get prepared for the game's champion of course.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
im going to restart HG or Black 2 and watch a lets play and play along. probably Lueroi or SuperSkarmory.. and yes. it is 1:30am here is england

Yveltal96

A little more human
Please tell me you're only saying this for KH3D! KH is one of the best series I've ever played (or watched on Youtube for the newer ones I'm too lazy to get). And so is Skyrim!

Um because I want to get prepared for the game's champion of course.

TBH I loved the 3D one. And the entire series is probably the best.
The only KH game I didn't like was coded because it did literally nothing to advance the plot.
why does everyone keep saying on topic we're allowed to talk about other games here ya know

I train my ingame team because I actually quite enjoy EV training >.<

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
im going to restart HG or Black 2 and watch a lets play and play along. probably Lueroi or SuperSkarmory.. and yes. it is 1:30am here is england

It's always 2 PM somewhere (Korea?). It doesn't matter if you're staying up late anyway since it is Friday.

Who wants to help me analyze sixth gen Pokémon when X and Y come out. It'll also involve looking at and considering new moves and possible sets, as well as viable partners and pairs for them.

Yveltal96

A little more human
It's always 2 PM somewhere (Korea?). It doesn't matter if you're staying up late anyway since it is Friday.

Who wants to help me analyze sixth gen Pokémon when X and Y come out. It'll also involve looking at and considering new moves and possible sets, as well as viable partners and pairs for them.

me! that sounds really fun!
I love doing that. When I heard Sceptile had Unburden I actually thought of the Acrotile set before Smogon even made the set

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Umm... I've been back for 2 days lol. But anyway, thanks Justin, you've got me back into this OU Rain team.

Since I can't play LG at the present time, I've decided I'll be playing either HG or Platinum. Your choice. Whoever's on anyway. However, if you don't make a descision by 11pm tonight, I'll make up my own mind. Thank you.

Politoed@ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SpA/-Atk)
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Drizzle
~ Hydro Pump
~ Focus Blast
~ Ice Beam
~ Encore

Tornadus@ Sharp Beak
Timid Nature (+Spe/-Atk)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Prankster
~ Hurricane
~ Focus Blast
~ U -Turn
~ Tailwind

Forretress@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def/-Spe)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
0 Spe IV's
Sturdy
~ Stealth Rock
~ Rapid Spin
~ Volt Switch
~ Gyro Ball

Gastrodon@ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+SpD/-Atk)
252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Storm Drain
~ Scald
~ Earth Power
~ Toxic
~ Recover

Toxicroak@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature (+Spe/-SpA)
24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Dry Skin
~ Swords Dance
~ Drain Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Ice Punch

Kyurem- B@ Chocie Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk/-SpA)
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Terravolt
~ Fusion Bolt
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Claw
~ Ice Beam

Weaknesses:
Electric x2- Gastrodon is immune |
Grass x2- resisted by Forretress, Toxicroak and Tornadus |
Ice - resisted by Politoed and Forretress |
Rock- resisted by Gastrodon and Toxicroak |
Fire- Rain neutralises it, Politoed and Gastrodon resist it |
Psychic- Forretress resists it
Flying-

One bit of advice: Clear Smog > Earth Power. Clear Smog helps you troll set-up sweepers thinking they can get their boosts up in front of the slug.

Maybe Justin means you're back to your normal competitive team spewing self.

mhm.

Count me in GenosectArceus.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
me! that sounds really fun!
I love doing that. When I heard Sceptile had Unburden I actually thought of the Acrotile set before Smogon even made the set

I kept thinking Contrary Leaf Storm Serperior before I even got the game.
Now we have to think of Parabolic Charge's application; who are possible candidates for the move? Once GameFreak releases that information, we'll probably make the apparent sets involving Parabolic Charge and probably be able to move Pokémon around.
Parting Shot is another concern. Until we know which stat it lowers, we cannot apply it to any Pokémon yet.

Edit: Gotcha, Justin.

Hudsonn98

REDACE AND SNIVY UR BACK!.

Now all we need is Scorch...

Gosh I need to start on my wonkymons team lol.
And yeah, when I play in-game, I also dont EV train. Takes the fun out it imo.
Snivy glad to see u use Tornadus-I. It needs more love. Tell me when ur done with the team, so I can play u some time!
I'm pretty sure that Scorch left THT for good.
Froakie, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Pancham have already placed their places in my in-game team.
If we stay around long enough, Hoenn will get a comeback and we'll finally be true Hoenneers!
I think that people who plan their teams months in advance are crazy. Seriously, you're choosing four out of only about ten Pokemon revealed. When the game comes out I doubt you'll use that team. That's like saying before Black and White came out that you team was gonna be Klink/Pidove/Darmanitan/Tepig/Boufalant/Braviary.
Pokécinema. He is THE best Let's Player evaaarr. I don't know if he's done HGSS (he might have) but he has done both Black and White 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.