• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use PO, Meet me on Crystal Cave I guess. Names same as on here.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I usually use xats just because I find it a bit easier to communicate but I understand why you guys don't.

We find the thread and VMing to be more convenient.
Some of us use mobile devices that can't access xat chat.

No it isn't. Virizions weak to all types grass is weak to I believe,

Not bug. Fighting seems to resist bug, learned from having Scrafty.
And we mainly use PS, which is just a Smogon version of PO.
We need more Wi-Fi players once sixth gen comes out. I will then apply as an EV trainer to help train everyone's Pokémon at that point. If I can migrate my perfect IV Ditto, then I will also apply as a breeder.

Last edited:

Hudsonn98

I can't give advice, I'm not great at team building.

@Geno I dunno, just thought there'd be an interesting contrast. Go for a darker colour when you paint the fence though. Maybe a red or something. Yellow is a crap colour

I'm thinking about opening my W2 (which I've kept in package since I bought it a few days after release) and doing a monotype run. Does anyone want to start their B/W 2 again and join me?

I only just stepped into Virbank in my Black 2. I'll do a run with you.

More new members. What a surprise :p

~ I can't get onto Smogon. Is it just a Smogon problem or is my internet blocking it?
~ I'm going to start Platinum. Team is undecided. Probably do what I did with W2 and one of my HG run-throughs (the badass one, with Typhlosion and Politoed and Bellossom and Electabuzz and Umbreon and Honchkrow).
~ I need a new OU team.

I'll also do Platinum with you since I got to training in the Oreburgh Mines and got bored.

Team = Finished.

now all i have to do is test it. also, these are my own sets, since smogon is down. (i <3 expert belt btw)

I freaking love you Joey. That's so kickass. Haha

Played a bit more SS today. I'm getting my team all set before I square off against Morty.
TEAM:

Croconaw lvl 25
Gengar lvl 25
Tauros lvl 22

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
First of all, I love your signature!!! It is so freakin cool!
Thanks! :D
More new members. What a surprise :p

~ I can't get onto Smogon. Is it just a Smogon problem or is my internet blocking it?
~ I'm going to start Platinum. Team is undecided. Probably do what I did with W2 and one of my HG run-throughs (the badass one, with Typhlosion and Politoed and Bellossom and Electabuzz and Umbreon and Honchkrow).
~ I need a new OU team.

Its definitely Smogon's problem. I still can't get on lol.
AND NO DONT START A NEW OU TEAM. Play me with that rain team u just made sometime.

Maybe I should just make a Monotype flying team since Flying OU pokémon shouldn't be left out.

@Andrew: I agree. Competitive battle preparation is tedious and sometimes intimidating! However, your hard work pays off so much!
Here are some guidelines
First, know all of the terms of Pokémon in competitive battling. These can include
Offensive:
-Physical/Special Attacker (offensive Pokémon with either all physical moves or special moves, mainly requires Pokémon high in Speed as well)
-Mixed Attacker (has good Attack and Sp.Attack along with a great mixed movepool, Speed also quite necessary)
-(Physical/Special) Tank (high in Attack/Sp.Attack and/or Defense/Sp.Defense with a good offensive movepool, Speed is necessary, but working on defenses is still priority)
-Bulky Attacker (similar high offense and defense, can provide more hits than most attackers)
-Glass Cannon/All-Out Attacker (attacks other team with no intention to play safe. Low defenses, high offense, good-high speed, and decent-good HP)
-SubPunch (refers to Pokémon with Substitute and Focus Punch)

Supportive-Defensive:
-SubSeed (refers to Pokémon with Substitute and Leech Seed)
-Wall (high defensive qualities, HP training is necessary, may not have too many attacks but makes up for it with keeping the opponent at bay)
-DualScreens (refers to Walls that raise the team's Defense and Sp.Defense with Reflect and Light Screen, attackers can land more hits because the whole team's defenses were raised)
-Stalls (high HP & Defense/Sp.Defense, uses non-attacking moves to keep the battle from progressing (hence stall), induces sleep or poisons opponent while staying protected by certain moves)
-StallBreaker (uses Taunt to keep Stallers from holding up the battle, Stall Pokémon with four non-attacking moves will result in Struggle, can attack and faint a Stall) (stallbreakers are really more supportive than offensive)
-Passers (Pokémon who use Baton Pass after raising their own stats and pass the increase to the next Pokémon)
-Support (provides good support to other members by helping them recover HP or induce status conditions that may activate the other Pokémon's ability)

These are general battle roles that can be used in really effective ways. DualScreen Pokémon can give good support to Tanks and Attackers in general.

If you need to find Pokémon that can give you Effort Values, you can check the main site in the Game Mechanics section.

Funny how in Smogon someone made a bird-based Ubers team. I'll post the link here later.

And Eevee, wanna do a battle right now on PS? My username is justinjiaxinghu

Last edited:

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I have no idea about team building, I just train pokemon, breed them with the moves I want, and then set a team to counter each others weakness. I had one team where I had every type covered against.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I once tried that, but I didn't know about IVs or EVs so it didn't matter if my Pokémon had type advantages/type coverage or better moves. They lost out of pure lack of training or imbalance in EVs and incorrect natures.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I just bought a few new Plasma Freeze packs today, and I was very pleased
Here is my payload:

-Reverse Holo Zekrom
-Reverse Holo Electrode
-Weavile
-4X Exeggcute (read their ability and Weavile's Vilify attack and you will understand why that is good)
-Staraptor
-2X Nidoking (one is reverse holo)
-Nidoqueen
-Kecleon
-Vaporeon
-Glaceon
-Jolteon
-Espeon
-Flareon
-Holo Metagross
-Holo Absol
-2X Vanilluxe
-Bisharp (1X rare 2X Uncommon)
-Seismitoad
-2X Frozen City
-3X Team Plasma Badge (one is reverse holo)
-3X Plasma Energy
-Shadow Triad (Reverse Holo)
-3X Team Plasma Ball (one is reverse holo)
-2X Superior Energy Retrieval (one is reverse holo)
-Holo ACE SPEC Rock Guard

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I have no idea about team building, I just train pokemon, breed them with the moves I want, and then set a team to counter each others weakness. I had one team where I had every type covered against.

That's about right. Now you just have to make sure you don't have a team of 6 sweepers; You want some support as well. Stealth rocks, maybe a rapid spinner.

hoyhoy99

EV Eevee T.V.
I think I have a pretty good PO team now, but I can't really tell. Also, do battles won against non guild members count towards BP?

BoltStreamZero

Username: BoltStreamZero
PO name: BoltStreamZero
Friend Code: I'll check (My DS is missing)
Desired Division: Sea
Favourite Pokemon: Haunter
Referrer: hoyhoy99 (thanks for helping me :D)

Last edited:

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
We find the thread and VMing to be more convenient.
Some of us use mobile devices that can't access xat chat.

Not bug. Fighting seems to resist bug, learned from having Scrafty.
And we mainly use PS, which is just a Smogon version of PO.
We need more Wi-Fi players once sixth gen comes out. I will then apply as an EV trainer to help train everyone's Pokémon at that point. If I can migrate my perfect IV Ditto, then I will also apply as a breeder.

I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't know every single type matchup like the back of my hand... I've made so many mistakes on PO, even did a ghost type attack against a normal once, because I wasn't thinking >.<

hoyhoy99

EV Eevee T.V.
I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't know every single type matchup like the back of my hand... I've made so many mistakes on PO, even did a ghost type attack against a normal once, because I wasn't thinking >.<

I've done that before too sadly.... I have also tried ice on a water type. But I guess there is always a chance that we could pull an Ash Ketchum and use electricity on an Onix and be super effective XD

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I know about IV's and EV's, but I don't bother with IV's, too much. I can ev train pretty well.

And yeah, I'll use something likeninjask for speed then the move that switches pokemon and stats, and send in Aggrom with a new higher speed

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Aggron is even better if it has Autotomize, but only use it after you've swept with it, and that's only after you've B-Passed the speed increase from Ninjask.

@Justin: Where's the link?

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Just wasted about half-an-hour trying to breed for a Gothita with Shadow Tag before realising it was its Dream World ability only... ah, well, could've been longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.