• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
U guys think a ferrowthorn would be good in a sun team to counter water?

I'm attempting to make a sun team and I have 1 pokemon left to pick and I need a stealth rock guy who can block water types.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Well maybe. I know it has a fire weakness and sun would make it even weaker, but I don't think it can survive a fire attack outside of the sun anyway. So go ahead and try it.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Thanks, Justin.
But I don't want to do Uber Flying! I'll just use this set for standard Ubers.

I'm also going to need suggestions for a Mono-Flying team. Archeops is an offensive option, but Sitrus berry would be ineffective. Aerodactyl would be a better Rock/Flying attacker seeing it hasn't Defeatist and Rock Head would be quite sufficient.
Skarmory, being highly bulky, should be an option. Any more bulky birds out there?
Which Flying type has DualScreens, good speed, and a sufficient movepool? I would usually be checking this myself, but my school is already blocking this site and I'm using a slower browser.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Ferrothorn isn't the best thing for a sun team in fact it isn't smart to put him in one. I usually put Ferrothorn in a rain team along with people like Ludicolo and Toxicroak.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Volcarona is my go-to for breeding. Except that in BW2 Mine is only level 35 so he's not as cool :/

Mines level 74 :)

And guys, I'm not ready for the next couple days.. O_O
Got a baseball game today, then going over to our neighbors to help buck his calves to see if they can buck, then I have football camp for the next three days. ;(

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
OK Genosect:
Charizard, Dragonite, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Honchkrow, Scyther, Fearow, Xatu, Swellow, Salamence, Pelliper, Gyarados, Crobat, Togekiss, Staraptor, Unfezant, Swanna, Swoobat and Sigilyph. Enough Flying types for you?

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
dragonite is a great option for any offensive position, better special with rain but i prefer a physical set. Togekiss is a good special wall, wisher, and ParaFlincher, the most f***ing annoying set in history. starapotr great physical attack, xatu is nice and a utility as i think it can set up walls and has magic bounce. and please, please, PLEASE have a pidgey for the lols

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Pidgey is cool. But I think you should use Butterfree. Compoundeyes + Sleep Powder= troll.

I'm going to restart Skyrim again. Possibly. My Vampiric Vampire Hunter is great, but I don't know what perks go where anymore (Runes aren't affected by Augmented ...?). So I'll be creating another character.

Race: High Elf
Skills: Heavy Armor/Light Armor, Conjuration, One Handed, Archery/Destruction, Alteration, Restoration, Enchanting, Smithing (?)
Gear: Nordic Carved Armor, Dragon Priest Mask, Bound Dagger/Sword, Bound Bow/Destruction spells.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hi Shade,

Compundeyes raises the accuracy of moves by a certain amount.Which is why Thunder and Compoundeyes Galvantula was so popular in B/W.

Do I restart Skyrim? I don't know. I'm sort of enjoying my Vampiric Vampire Hunter, but I'd like to try a Conjuration build. But it'd take a while to get my gear all set up. Plus Dagger's are only good in Stealth. Might just play Minecraft.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Good luck, Okie!

Thanxorus for the recommendations, snivy and Eevee. Xatu and Trolgekiss are definite support placements in my team. Aerodactyl and Dragonite are good offensive options. Zapdos may be an option.
Yeah, Pidgey will be a lolz Pokémon on my LC team that I don't plan to make, heh.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I'd use Sigilyph over Xatu. Sigilpyh has better HP, Defense, SpA, SpD and Speed than Xatu, which means more bulk with Screens or not. It also has better coverage (Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Dark Pulse). But Xatu does have Magic Bounce. Your choice.

Definitely going to restart Skyrim. Will start planning.

Last edited:

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Is Smogon down again? Those links that Justin posted aren't loading for me...

And Yveltal couldn't Ferrothorn do fine on a sun team? The sun won't help him but he won't be any more affected by fire attacks than on a no-weather team, since he's 1hko'd either way.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Where have you been???

Well not much has happened, we're thinking of having a new tourney and we're helping each other with teambuilding.

By the way guys I have my finals this week so I won't be on as much!

Da_bomb.com

Hoenn Hype
I had finals and in like march my grades went down, so I was focusing on schoolwork. Also I've been golfing a lot lately. Saturday was probably the first time I touched my copy of white in months

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
My school has sucky-to-decent internet but I'll still be able to talk to you guys during lunch time (12:00 PM GMT-5/EST)

Hi, Da_bomb. I'm Geno. You a senior in highschool?

Skarmory, Sigilyph, Dragonite, Togekiss, Zapdos, and Gyrados are my Mono-Flying team members.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Apprently Smogon had a cyber-attack basically. But they say they will be back up in the next few days... they hope. I kinda miss using them to look up some tips and what attacks do what, but kinda glad folks can't tell tiers for now XD Or use a popular site to see what is what tiers. Though I do hate some of there advice on what's good and not, just like this site on their reviews as well, though it still sucks to have your website hit and knocked-out because of someone who has no life...

Also, does anyone think Genosect special movie version will become a beast with the moves Extremespeed and Gear Shift? I mean I feel Gear Shift will give him something to work with, especially with a +1 atk and +2 speed. But it makes me wonder, what will happen to awaken Mewtwo O_O? Now I'm glad to have a Dexoys with nasty plot and dark pulse. He will be my anti-mewtwo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.