• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudsonn98

I'm using Meowstic as a Trick lead with a Toxic Orb. Meowstic is a lot better than it seems. It can take and dish out hits.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I beat Viola with a POISONED Fletchling. It's level 15, and Froakie is level 14. I'm catching Pokémon to train Froakie, for Wonder Trade purposes.

Nah Snivy, I'm sticking with Meow - Sableye kinda sucks

Wait, what? Sableye was UU in Gen 5. It had no weaknesses bar Fairy now. Which you check with Heatran/Skarmory. But Meowstic has better bulk, but lacks recovery and has bad typing defensively.

Just got a Level 49 Amoonguss for a Level 5 Pikachu via Wonder Trade! Wow. I also got a Japanese Froakie. With Torrent :(. I'm now trading the Amoonguss. I got a Timid Pichu for it (Level 1). Trading that now. Got a Untouched Adamant Mawile, Japanese Level 1 with Sucker Punch and Fire Fang. I also got a Timid Smeargle, untouched with good IVs I think.

Well, no progress on my Competitive team. I need a Pokémon which can set up Stealth Rocks more than once, as Latias will be Defogging. Maybe Tyranitar.

Rotom- W
Scizor
Latias
Talonflame
Garchomp
Tyranitar

Hmm... could work. Especially with MegaChomp.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Ugh I progress through Pokemon games SO slowly. I'm not even exaggerateting like at snails pace. I've been playing for around 1:45-2:00 hours and I'm NOT EVEN at SANTALUNE.
And I need to put 1001% into every battle it it takes so long and I fail.
It's just frustrating. It makes me want to give up.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Don't give up. It's a Pokémon game. Play Skyrim or GTA V, and battle the hardest level (GTA) or fight a really tough character (Skyrim). That makes you want to give up. Pokémon? Easy.

Still looking for a Ralts. Hoping its not Adamant/Brave/Naughty/Lonely/Jolly/Impish/Careful.

caught 2 Ralts. Both have Calm Natures. Hoping for Modest.

Last edited:

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
You are ACCEPTED! Welcome to THT and the Sea Sector!

Awesome!

Ugh I progress through Pokemon games SO slowly. I'm not even exaggerateting like at snails pace. I've been playing for around 1:45-2:00 hours and I'm NOT EVEN at SANTALUNE.
And I need to put 1001% into every battle it it takes so long and I fail.
It's just frustrating. It makes me want to give up.

I recommend not giving up. This sounds like how I did my run on X. I did and caught everything that I could while I went. It took me ten hours to get to the second gym and around a school week to fully complete the game, but it was totally worth it! Everything gets easier after beating Viola, too. Once the Exp Share is given, the training time is cut down a lot.

As for my run through, I completed X a while back but just now began Y. I began with Chespin this time. I tried nick naming him Spike, but the game didn't like it so I went for Shelldon. (I was probably watching the Big Bang. Theory at the time...) Right now I'm training up my Bagon (Lindbergh) to be on par with Daniel the Litleo and Fi the Honedge. That puts me just north of Ambrette Town.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Nice team you got Blaziken10285! Ralts is hard to train on my Y. I'm trading 2 Combee's I caught via Wonder Trade. Hoping for something good. I got a Calm Honedge, but it's Italian, so I'm keeping it.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Thanks! I tried for a while to find Ralts and actually managed to do so after about an hour (and of course I then found a few). I was going to use it, but it took so long to train and there were so many other Pokemon that I want to try out that it was replaced rather quickly. Good luck training yours!

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Thank you. Gardevoir is part of my planned team, so I don't need to worry about training other stuff.

Anyway, I'm just catching random Pokémon to trade on Wonder Trade. I have a nice collection of Pokémon I can EV train and use post-game, even more so with Friend Safari. I can Masuda Method Froakie and Honedge, for shiny badass Greninja and Aegislash. I can also do Mawile, although I'd EV train the one I've got first.

Last edited:

The Exalt

Original
Well, while hunting for Phantump (again) I happened to find a Hasty shiny Shuppet. Thank God it didn't get Careful. It has 31 IVs in Attack and SpD. I might evolve it. I'm not sure it so cute! >.<
So here it is!

TcGy6VA.jpg

Now I have found every shiny in this safari except Phantump!! Ughh >:/

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Looks good The Exalt! I can't wait to start chaining and stuff (you are chaining right? It's not just random searches).

I have reached Parfum Palace in Y. I'm just outside it. I want to go back and train on the route with Honedge and Espurr though. Team is level 18 currently. Took me hours to train both my Ralts and Bulbasaur/Ivysaur to 17, same as the rest of my team (so I have a Fletchinder now as well). Going to catch Snorlax and some other stuff for Wonder Trade.

As for my Competitive team, I'm going to try Bisharp as my Stealth Rocker. He could learn it via Gen 5 move tutors. He can put down Fairy Pokémon, which makes it easier, as well as switching in on my opponents Defog/Intimidate/Sticky Web, giving him a +2 Attack boost with Defiant.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Snivy Trainer, I'm not sure whether this is your first run or not, but I'd suggest to wait on training until you have access to the Battle Chateau. It is right past the Snorlax and Daycare and is an incredible place to level up early-on, as trainers will be replaced and there is usually at least one battle able trainer at all times.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I've already beaten it once before. I'm not worried about levelling. I'll check out the Chateau though.

Trading a spare Abra and Fletchling. Got a Japanese Ponyta, which I'll trade again.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Oh hahaha snivy has played through X and Y before, I'm pretty sure he know what he's doing. But I do like the battle chateau.
I mean it's not that I don't find pokemon easy, it just takes ages to do one thing and it gets boring after doing it for so long (I am the worst MMer ever :T)
I am going to continue from santalune later, maybe after breakfast.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
**** breakfast for me. I'm staying here, trading a Flabebe I got for a Honedge, which I traded again. Just got a Japanese Quiet Magnemite with Analytic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.