• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude

物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き
and if you doubles on wifi, one day I need to play you a match Justin lol

GregoryZoroark

Pokemon Master
Hey guys. I am sorry about everything. I have had some issues with depression and suicide and family and more things that I really don't want to to go into. I am gonna start posting soon and I am sorry for being gone so long.
Anyways, I am gonna be restarting Y because I haven't played anything in a while, last time I played was that challenge me and someone on here, I forgot who, and I wanna play again. I might not play as often because I want to finish this series of books called Divergent, I am halfway through Insurgent, the second out of three books, and I wanna finish it too. But anyways, what starter should I use? I like all three, I just don't know which to choose. Thanks in advance.

The Exalt

Original
Hey does anyone have a Flogres ( probably spelled that wrong ) they could trade me for my dex? I'll trade it right back!

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Don't tell my team!
Anyway one is talonflame, and the father pokemon's ability is flame body, which is the ability I want on the babies, but I haven't got a single baby with that ability yet. Is the a reason for this or is it just bad luck?

Mega Typhlosion

It's the mother's ability that passes down. Does the mother have Gale Wings?
Btw, Fletchling doesn't have Flame Body. It's ability is Big Pecks.

On another note, why would you want a Flame Body Talonflame? *.*

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I have one, which I use which has flame body and it's very useful.
The mother is a ditto lel. But thank you, so if I evolve it it will have flame body?
I do have a what looks like a 5iv UT gale wings French fletch long if you recommend that instead?
I would have liked it to have been adamant but I guess hardy could do being neutral?

Mega Typhlosion

I would definitely recommend Gale Wings. Flame Body is a nice ability but Gale Wings is so good that you HAVE to use it.
A few days ago, priority Flying moves were the reason why my Sawsbuck failed a 6-0 sweep on my opponent. No matter what benefit Flame Body would give, Gale Wings is the best ability in the game.

And Adamant would be nice. My shiny Talonflame is Jolly though because it's made for Doubles and I want max speed to outspeed Whimsicott and the genies and set up Tailwind before their Taunts.

Mega Typhlosion

That depends. What is "too much recoil"? Brave Bird already kills you on recoil, and Life Orb can guarantee some KOes. Choice Band is also an option because you'll be using Brave Bird against basically everything...

Mega Typhlosion

That's the point. It's already frail, most stuff can OHKO or 2HKO it anyway... but it depends on personal preference. The only case where I'd use another item would be for a bulky Talonflame and in that case Leftovers and Roost would be a must. Still, Talonflame should max Attack and Speed and go all out.

EDIT: Just got the SHINY CHARM! Yay! :D

5b710864-510f-414d-916e-c7c30003b992_zps0fb79e1e.jpg

Last edited:

The Exalt

Original
That's the point. It's already frail, most stuff can OHKO or 2HKO it anyway... but it depends on personal preference. The only case where I'd use another item would be for a bulky Talonflame and in that case Leftovers and Roost would be a must. Still, Talonflame should max Attack and Speed and go all out.

EDIT: Just got the SHINY CHARM! Yay! :D

5b710864-510f-414d-916e-c7c30003b992_zps0fb79e1e.jpg

Congrats dude! That's awesome! How did you get it so fast??

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I have beaten the E4 and have been in the Battle area in Kiloude City, and I now have all Power items (Doubles Greninja Surf + Dry Skin Heliolisk). I have 3 EV trained Pokemon- a Mega Charizard X (need the Mega Stone), a mixed Honedge and a KS + SD Honedge. Using the Adamant one with a Japanese Ditto and I'm currently shiny hunting.

My brother is really close to catching Xerneas on X. I'll trade him/me a Timid Synchronise Ralts to try and get a timid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.