• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Omg omg omg, new Megas!!!

It's a shame they butchered my favourite Pokemon in its Mega form >__< It seriously looks like Axe-head without a handle..

EDIT: a small detail I missed from earlier.. the Secret Bases can be used as Gyms? This will make any fanmade Pokemon Leagues so much cooler :D

so you can have your own leagues with friends? thats gnarley

i hope they combine the DPPt underground with the bases, i like the way its so customisable

Mega Lopunny was certainly unexpected.

I like Salamence with its one wing (though it seems a bit scrawny).

What are your expectations for these megas competitively?

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I gotta say, Mega Salamence looks awful, haha. But I know I'll get used to it. Mega Altaria - Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate? I smell something very strong here.

Did you also see that every Pika costume gets an exclusive move? Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press.
FLYING PRESS HAWLUCHA STYLE! I actually hope that more Pokemon can get such dressed up overworld sprites, even if they get no new attacks. I'd totally want to battle with dressed up Pokemon :D

so you can have your own leagues with friends? thats gnarley

i hope they combine the DPPt underground with the bases, i like the way its so customisable
Well, there won't be any underground bases here, but some minigames would be great. DPPt underground mining was one of the most addicting things ever :D I heard the Capture the Flag thing will be available in some form, but don't take my word on this.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
MEGA ALTARIA.

Aerilate Mence is gonna b devastating though holy

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
Mega Altaria needs a boost to its Special Attack, and then I'll be happy. All the better for using Hyper Voice. +_+

.... and that means I may need to think about changing my future ORAS team up now... maybe.

Last edited:
Friends, I now have a 3DS again! And this time it's a 3DS XL!
It's beautiful. :3

I don't have a team on my Pokemon Y yet though. I'll need to do that before battling competitively (duh).
Still, super dooper happy.

Now I'm broke though. :p

Edit: Esch, please remind me, how many HP do fighters have?

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
So there's no Mega Flygon, Mega Camerupt or Mega Sharpedo? Damn, I was hoping for them. Mega Lopunny... dafuq? If any Pokemon not from Hoenn were going to get Megas I'd have hoped it would be Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior and Dusknoir. Happy for Altaria and Salamence though, I guess.

Nice to see we're so active as well guys, well done. I should be on quite frequently from now onwards with a few off days, but other than that it should be good. I started a Troll Hunter in World of Warcraft (they have pet Raptors!) and he's currently level 5 I think. Not sure if I'll keep him; he's alright but I don't know. I'll probably keep him for a bit or start a Warlock (one of those 2 is my main, or a Rogue).

Last edited:

Hudsonn98

Mega Salamence is one of the sickest looking things I've ever seen holy crap! Mega Lopunny is also a pretty cool Mega as is Mega 'taria.

Can we also discuss the fact that the shiny MegaStone Beldum is going to be like the event Torchic last game release? I kind of wanna use it but then again I kinda don't. Who knows. I still have a month or three to think about it lol.

I know, it's pretty slick. It's like marmite though.

I certainly will be getting it, however if it doesn't have a set nature than I'm probably not gonna be lucky and get a Jolly/Adamant, in which case I wouldn't use it competitively.

At this rate my ORAS team might consist of pokemon all able to Mega evolve :p
I'm serious.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I like Mega Altaria most of all; it looked like a Fairy type and Fairy/Dragon typing with Pixilate sounds awesome. Depending on its boost it could go Special (Hyper Voice / Fire Blast / Draco Meteor / random move), mixed (Draco Meteor / Return or Hyper Voice / Earthquake or Fire Blast / random move) or Physical (Dragon Dance / Outrage / Return / Earthquake). It looks cool as well. Mega Salamence is alright, although it's ability (I can't spell it, the one Mega Pinsir has) will allow it to wreck house. I don't know if it'll be banned, maybe the Mega Stone will. Mega Lopunny looks ****, Scrappy is an alright ability considering Fighting and Normal attacks now hit Ghost types (and Aegislash is locked in Ubers so far) but it's kind of random in a Hoenn remake to make a Sinnoh Mega Evolution. I guess they did have Diance, but I guess that had to from the movie. I'm still hoping for Mega Flygon though.

I will probably grab the Shiny Beldum in ORAS, whether or not I use it still depends. I guess Metagross is a cool Pokemon to use, especially early on in the game, but there're quite a few Pokemon I'd also like to use. It's very confusing. I haven't got a planned team because I don't really know the Pokedex yet, so I expect my plan is to just wing it first time, restart and then do it with a planned team. That's what usually happens anyway. I'll be starting X again soon as well, as I'd like to replay the game again.

I need to build another OU team; Mega Mawile is being suspect tested and Aegislash is banned. There're no Pokemon I really want to build around, so I'm probably going to either take a break from OU battling or battling in general. I'm liking Ubers, so I'll probably go there. Maybe UU again now I've seen some of the new Mega Evolutions (inspiration). Perhaps RU; any suggestions?

Anyway, bored of my Hunter in World of Warcraft. I played as my Druid for a PvP match, kept getting killed by the Rogues camping right next to my ****ing graveyard, so I lived there all match pretty much. What fun. I've decided to start a Warlock, but I wasn't sure which race to be. I took 2 tests and my result (first quiz) was a Gnome, followed by Tauren and Night Elf. Second quiz, my result was Human followed by Gnome then Night Elf. I took a few others that seemed rather biased and got Human a few times, so it seems balanced between Human and Gnome. Anyway, I started a Human Warlock, but yet again I'm unsure of it. I think I'll start another Rogue; it seems like the only class I can relate to (as I was playing someone asked on the general thing if they could help find the Rogue, as no one knew where they were). From there I lost interest in my Warlock. I don't like the Alliance either, so back to the Horde I go.

Undead / Blood Elf / Goblin are my race choices.

Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino are sort-of confirmed! Both look pretty cool actually. Slowbro gets a Special Attack and Defense boost and the ability is Shell Armor, Audino gets Defense & Special Defense boosts and has the ability Healer. Still want Mega Flygon and Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt.

Last edited:

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
So there's no Mega Flygon, Mega Camerupt or Mega Sharpedo? Damn, I was hoping for them. Mega Lopunny... dafuq? If any Pokemon not from Hoenn were going to get Megas I'd have hoped it would be Electivire, Magmortar, Rhyperior and Dusknoir. Happy for Altaria and Salamence though, I guess.

I wouldn't give up just yet, since the games have't come out yet and we got two more megas today, so it isn't too late yet. I'm just hoping for what you said gets a mega, plus Arcanine and Lapras.

Also I love all the new megas except for Lopunny, it's looks good, but I never really cared about that pokemon then and I'm still not that interested now. Though I may use it's mega if it works good. But Mega Audino?? Really, that reject Blissey?! Gamefreka, hang your head in shame and jump straight into a Sharpedo's mouth. But I love Mega Salamence, though I really wish his front legs were still there and I was hoping for a speed boost, not a def boost. He would be a fast sweeper hitting hard with Aerilate moves, a boost from the ability, then stab? We have a winner, but they haven't been official released so I will hold my complaints over the flying draco. Also another thing I like to point out is, isn't it odd that the stone beldum is holding is just called a mega stone? I was figuring this was going to happen, GF can't make a special item for every pokemon that mega, since the item limit would get a little much, so I figured they would just give you a item simply called mega stone, and as long as the pokemon in question is holding it, it will mega. But I could be wrong, but I would do that, to save up space instead making 70 different stones...

Lastly this stupid site kill my sig for this group's banner... sig limit my *****!! It's been there since I joined here... Can anyone give me the banner code for ground and water of this group please and the respective creators' of the banners please?

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Mega Slowbro lord help us all.

WHAT IS IT EVEN. I SWEAR that Shellder is getting hungrier by the generation.

First it wants the tail, then the head, now it wants the whole body. Jeez make up ur mind

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
Next we'll just have Mega Shellder by itself... o_0

Anyways, Mega Audino looks promising. It gains the Fairy typing, plus boosts to both its defensive stats. Its design is... eh... I've never been a huge fan of any of the Megas' designs, save for a select few. But I look forward to using that thing in battle.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Shell Armor isn't as good as Regenerator for Slowbro, but considering Slowbro has Slack Off it works alright. A CM set could work well, blocking critical hits and restoring health with Slack Off. Calm Mind / Slack Off / Scald / Psyshock or Ice Beam or Fire Blast could work alright. Audino... good typing but bad ability and not so good stats makes it hard to use it as a Mega, especially compared to others.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I would personally have liked Audino to be saved 'til gen 7 and get a normal evolution before getting a Mega.

I haven't thought that far, but I don't know if they'll add new evolutions to Pokemon next gen. They usually do it every other gen (Gen 2, 4 and 6). Gen 7 would probably add new Pokemon, not new evolutions. That's what I think anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.