• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
On the topic of Aegislash recently being moved to Ubers, I just beat Mega Mewtwo Y, Kyurem White and Genesect with my Aegislash.
Course, this was a free battle and they were terrible.

Aegislash is actually a decent Pokemon in Ubers. It beats literally every Fairy type you're ever likely to see in Ubers (so that's basically Xerneas and Arceus Fairy) as well as Mewtwo (both Mega Evolutions), Lugia and certain forms of Arceus. I'd imagine it'd work well with Extremekiller Arceus in the fact that it beats Scarf Terrakion very easily, the main threat to Arceus- Normal. Not to mention Lugia and Giratina do not want to stay in on this things Shadow Ball & Toxic. Typing wise, Arceus's only weakness is resisted by Aegislash (it's immune) whereas none of Aegislash's weaknesses bar Ghost are resisted by Arceus (again, immunity). Something to consider. Heck, add Xerneas itself and you've got a deadly core (that's actually pretty good, although there's still a Fire/Ground weakness). Might have to use that. Add a Dragon/Flying type or a Dragon that resists Ground (so Rayquaza for example) to break walls like Groudon for either Arceus or Xerneas to sweep, add hazard support and hazard removal and we're good to go. I mentioned the Dragon for the Dragon + Fairy + Steel core Xerneas and Aegislash can make. Hmm...

I cannot seem to want to use a particular group of Pokemon in HeartGold, so I might do one of the following:
- Monotype
- Nuzlocke
- Single Challenge (use one Pokemon and up to 3 HM users)

Last edited:

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
I used to plan out teams but now i have a much more lenient structure

i used to have a F/W/G core with flying. now, i can swap types and still get coverage. as long as my team has a 50/50 split on physical and special

Fire can be swapped for fighting, because flying covers the bug+grass, while fighting covers the ice and steel
Grass can be swapped for electric, because electric covers water and water covers ground.

I always try to use a pokemon i would never consider before, so that i get more enjoyment/challenge out of the game. something like golduck or stantler for example

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I haven't completed a game in so long, I don't really care whether or not I've used said Pokemon before. I'm up for the HeartGold runthrough (despite my lack of a planned team) but I think I will plan a team rather than do a runthrough. I also intend to start a LeafGreen runthrough because it's a cool game that I never beat. So yeah.

I'm building my new OU team around DD Rest Zygarde, who is extremely bulky and sets up in the face of many Pokemon (Gliscor, Chansey and Rotom- W come to mind) as well as being a fantastic check/counter to Mega Charizard Y (136 HP EVs apparently take 2 Fire Blasts from MCY in the Sun with some HP left). My problem is I cannot decide on what my second team member should be. I went through Zygarde's checks and counters and my best 3 partners are (Mega) Scizor, Rotom- W and Mega Charizard Y.

Checks/counters beaten:
(Mega) Scizor - 5/9 - Togekiss / Clefable / Azumarill / Mamoswine / Latios & Latias
Rotom- W - 7/9 - Togekiss / Skarmory / Clefable / Azumarill / Landorus- T / Mamoswine / Hippowdon
Mega Charizard Y - 6/9 - Togekiss / Skarmory / Clefable / Ferrothorn / Mamoswine / Hippowdon

Checks/counters not beaten:
(Mega) Scizor - Skarmory / Ferrothorn / Landorus- T / Hippowdon
Rotom- W - Ferrothorn / Latios & Latias
Mega Charizard Y - Azumarill / Landorus- T / Latios & Latias

So what do you guys think would work best?

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
speaking of RU, I got dem RU reqs and already placed my vote regarding Yanmega and Zoroak 0:

It looks like you should go Washy @Snivy it seems to be able to beat lot of checks and counters to Zygarde

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
speaking of RU, I got dem RU reqs and already placed my vote regarding Yanmega and Zoroak 0:

And what did you vote for? I'd imagine Zoroark should be banned and Yanmega could maybe stay (I don't know though, as Specs Tinted Lens STAB attacks hurt like hell (I think) as does normal Life Orb Speed Boost attacks). Plus Stealth Rock ruins it.

Anyway, I started a Warrior in World of Warcraft today, just for something to do really. Got him to Level 7, probably not going to continue him (I kind of got bored, and the attacks take forever to use thanks to the resource system Warrior's use). I'd like to level a class to high levels though, especially with me having next week and a following week to myself (including a week with family) before I go back to school. Perfect for leveling something. But I don't know what! It's either Warlock, Rogue, Mage and Priest.

SkyTheAbsol

Dark-Type Fanatic
I also may do a HG play through with you guys, but I'm too busy watching Doctor Who and other various animes. I guess that's life: Doctor Who or Pokémon, the eternal struggle.

I don't know who you are but I like you now. Are you watching the season premiere on the 23rd?
.... that's a dumb question. Of course you are. +_+

Anyways, I could do a HG playthrough too... as soon as I finish cleaning and actually figure out where my HG is.

Hudsonn98

I like the idea of Mandibuzz tbh. I'm just afraid the lv25 one you get on Thursdays won't hit hard enough. But we'll see.

Let's change the topic. Has anyone else planned any of their ORAS teams? And which version are you getting?

I'm getting AS and I'm definitely using Sceptile. I thought about using Swellow or Alakazam but I'm not sure. I'm also thinking about Camerupt or Delcatty for the lulz.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Right, I need to make a competitive team for OU since my one won't work soon with Mawile ban. I never had an issue with it, but whatever. Plus Aegislash is gone and it's the only decent mixed attacking pivot there is for my team. So yeah, need to start again. I have quite a few options actually, lots of Mega Evolutions are viable and all. I don't know.

Last edited:

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
Username: DarkCharizard2
PS/PO name: DarkCharizard2
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3774-8245
Desired Division: Land
Favourite Pokemon: Charizard
Battle experience and favorite tier: Battling since 3 years ago, but has taken the last year off. I usually stick to OU.
Referrer: N/A
Time zone (GMT+/-): EST (GMT -5)
About you: I've been playing Pokemon since 2003, but competitevley since I joined Serebii. I'm looking to vastly improve my battling skills here. I am also a musician and I used to do art, but haven't in a year or two. I will also be working on my art skills here.

"Grovyle"

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Username: DarkCharizard2
PS/PO name: DarkCharizard2
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3774-8245
Desired Division: Land
Favourite Pokemon: Charizard
Battle experience and favorite tier: Battling since 3 years ago, but has taken the last year off. I usually stick to OU.
Referrer: N/A
Time zone (GMT+/-): EST (GMT -5)
About you: I've been playing Pokemon since 2003, but competitevley since I joined Serebii. I'm looking to vastly improve my battling skills here. I am also a musician and I used to do art, but haven't in a year or two. I will also be working on my art skills here.

"Grovyle"

Accepted, welcome to The Hoenn Triangle. Hope you enjoy your time here. Nice to see some people with experience as well, always useful.

Well, I haven't got much to add really. I'll be building some OU teams today (or at least try to), play some World of Warcraft and plan out this HeartGold team. I have some friends on the forums already playing HeartGold so hopefully with some good amount of playing I can catch up to them. I'd like to beat Red by the end, if not then just all 16 gym leaders. What I'll be doing this time is possibly catching my entire team (bar possibly my starter) with the Pokewalker, since I need to go on walks this week and it'd be a good idea. It would encourage me to go out and do stuff, so why not? This is only a possibility I'm toying with, so it may not happen.

On note of my OU team-building, I can't get into it. There's nothing there I really want to build around. There're a couple of bits and pieces like Zygarde, Mega Pinsir and things like that but overall I'm not interested. Not good.

Last edited:

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
Thank for the welcome. Is there an xat link that I could get and any other links this clan uses?

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Is there an xat link that I could get and any other links this clan uses?

Umm... no. At least not that I know of. We haven't yet got a working Xat (if we even have one) yet, and there's nothing else we really use. If you're into competitive there's Pokemon Showdown, but most people use that so it doesn't really matter much. Other than that there's nothing else I can think of. I'm sure someone else will let you know if there is. Provided they're on. It's odd; we're in the summer holidays and no one is fricking on! What's going on?

Meanwhile, I still don't have any idea what I want to do in OU. I need an OU team, so I need to come up with something.

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude

物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き
Let's change the topic. Has anyone else planned any of their ORAS teams? And which version are you getting?

I'm getting both, but mostly gonna use Ruby. For competitive, part of me is interested in trying out Mega Sableye, Mega Slowbro, and Mega Lopunny. Will prob transfer my Mr. Mime, Gengar, and Mega Mawile, and I know for certain I want Milotic.

Current team on X is: Mr. Mime, Noivern, Quagsire, Vivillion, MegaMawile, and Gengar.

On a side note, is anyone else gonna try and play in that Fairy Tourney? I'm doing that and the Ghost one where they make you use Gourgeist.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I haven't really planned my ORAS team; I'm getting both so I could use whatever. I expect I'll make a team for Sceptile and Swampert (their Mega Evolutions are cool). I need a Flying type and the other 2 Pokemon to complete the F/W/G trio. Then I have 2 spots left. Of course first time round I'll just do a random runthrough before using a planned team, since I don't know what's in the Pokedex.

Anyway, I got my Warlock to Level 26 today. I've done quite a bit of PvP, and I'm awful at it. I will keep my Warlock though, since I want a character at max level and I want a Death Knight at Level 55. I'd like another character though. Probably a melee character because I'd like to try both ranged and melee.

Warrior - Paladin - Shaman - Rogue

Wow, not bad. Of course I won't restrict myself to range though, so I'll add Hunter to the list as well. Shamans and Paladins don't interest me, so I will remove them. Just leaves Warrior, Rogue and Hunter. I intend to eventually delete my Night Elf Druid but it turns out I can mail my characters and trade items. So I might trade all my money from my Druid onto my new character (that'll have to be on the Alliance, but that's not the end of the world). Just need to pick a race.

Warrior - Rogue - Hunter

Race choices: Human, Dwarf, Night Elf

Last edited:

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude

物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き
ok I need a crazy amount of help on this one cuz I may have opened my mouth to the wrong person. The guy who taught me Pokémon wants to beat me completely, and I lied and said I was using my old team. Is there ANY way I can use a Garchomp for trick room? I figured I'd make it a brave Mega-chomp. It's mostly cuz I know he's bringing a flygon so I know he'll prob use fast pokemon. Another option is to combine my Noivern with my Milotic, as both were made to eat Garchomp and so they could take Flygon and Lucario, but idk his other stuff.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
ok I need a crazy amount of help on this one cuz I may have opened my mouth to the wrong person. The guy who taught me Pokémon wants to beat me completely, and I lied and said I was using my old team. Is there ANY way I can use a Garchomp for trick room? I figured I'd make it a brave Mega-chomp.

Probably that's your best option, yeah. Still, 91/92 Speed is quite high for Trick Room so be careful. Of course you could run Mega Mawile in Trick Room and ***** slap your friends team so hard they don't even try and get up. Anyway...

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude

物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き
Probably that's your best option, yeah. Still, 91/92 Speed is quite high for Trick Room so be careful. Of course you could run Mega Mawile in Trick Room and ***** slap your friends team so hard they don't even try and get up. Anyway...

I DO happen to have a Mawile... current team is: Vivillion (thank you Esch ^.^), Gengar, Quagsire, Noivern, Mr. Mime, and MegaMawile. Quagsire is possibly gonna get swapped for Milotic. I just need to decide if I wanna run the experimental set. This is my Milotic:

Name: Charybdis
Species: Milotic (F)
Item: ???
Ability: Competitive
Nature: Bold
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 24 Sp. Atk / 28 Sp. Def
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/x
Moves:
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover

I chose that ability due to Intimidate users

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Dat nickname tho.

What's with the Defensive EVs? What do they accomplish? And Vivillon is an interesting choice. Compoundeyes Hurricane is awesome (it does get Compoundeyes right?).

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude

物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き
Dat nickname tho.

What's with the Defensive EVs? What do they accomplish? And Vivillon is an interesting choice. Compoundeyes Hurricane is awesome (it does get Compoundeyes right?).

The nickname is from a creature in the Odyssey. I like finding creative names and obscure references. :p

The defensive is to increase bulk. It's modified from one of Smogon's tactics, as a friend had me breed and train her one like she had seen on Smogon. And Vivillion does get that Compound Eyes. I usually combine it with Mr. Mime so it can get off a Quiver Dance, and you shoulda seen the look on that one guy when I OHKO his Y-Zard with Vivillion. Vivillion might get replaced as well, however, as both require a lot of set-up.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I know where the name comes from; I read the Percy Jackson books. It's a cool name. And your Vivillon 0HKOed a Mega Charizard Y? Was it at +1 or something? It's nice to see underused threats in the metagame. Got to love stuff like that. I enjoy seeing anti-metagame threats being used (e.g. Chesnaught, Mamoswine, Zygarde, etc.) since they're either niche or in lower tiers. I'm either going into RU, Ubers or UU, not sure which yet. Any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.