• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Hmm, still a bit confused on IV's I think I get the breeding stuff but I don't know which IV's I want for my team... Suggestions?

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Facade

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Wish

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Super Fang

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Romeo32

You have to be tested by the leader.
That's what I figured. If we're gonna war soon I want a piece of the action. Can the test happen on PS? My team isn't ready in my cartridge yet because I still haven't gotten an HA Carvahna yet, but I think I'm getting it soon.

I would like to join the War Team
Username: Romeo32
Pokémon Showdown/Pokémon Online username: Elegant Mango
Timezone & Availability: GMT -6, 3-10 pm on Tuesdays-Fridays and almost all day on weekends
Your OU team (sets not required): Smeargle, Sharpedo, Scizor, Rotom-H, Roserade, Bisharp (Hyper Offense with Sticky Web support)
Your Favourite Hoenn character (e.g. gym leaders, E4 members, etc. - please don't use the same as other people): Wallace

Last edited:

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
CCAT Update

Mamoswine
Nature / Adamant
Ability / Thick Fat
Item / Quick Claw / Focus Sash
Move Set /
Ice Shard / Icicle Crash
Earthquake / Roar
Earthquake / Iron Head / Stone Edge
Flail / Iron Head / Stone Edge

I know this whole set is all over the place... But here is the plan. Basically using roar to force a switch, which in turn causes Stealth Rock damage if Tyranitar set it up, then that is where Ice Shard comes into play, hitting your opponent with a priority move to either finish them off or make them so damaged that they won't live through another stealth rock hit or what not. Now I know the whole EQ/SE combo is really popular, but that is too predictable. So instead, I thought maybe Iron head to deal with fairies and a possible flinch, which would possible allow a one hit kill or to phase them back out or use Ice Shard. Lastly Flail is only good with HP is low, but this would catch your opponent by surprise as they weaken him. I know this whole set is really gimmicky, but this is just a random set idea for some surprise factor.

Also the Gastrodon set, LynxForte mention below here, I would agree for a possible 6th member.

Gastrodon (leftovers)
Storm Drain
Bold
252 hp/252 def/4 spd
- scald
- earth power
- toxic
- recover

Romeo32

CCAT Update

Mamoswine
Nature / Adamant
Ability / Thick Fat
Item / Quick Claw / Focus Sash
Move Set /
Ice Shard / Icicle Crash
Earthquake / Roar
Earthquake / Iron Head / Stone Edge
Flail / Iron Head / Stone Edge

I know this whole set is all over the place... But here is the plan. Basically using roar to force a switch, which in turn causes Stealth Rock damage if Tyranitar set it up, then that is where Ice Shard comes into play, hitting your opponent with a priority move to either finish them off or make them so damaged that they won't live through another stealth rock hit or what not. Now I know the whole EQ/SE combo is really popular, but that is too predictable. So instead, I thought maybe Iron head to deal with fairies and a possible flinch, which would possible allow a one hit kill or to phase them back out or use Ice Shard. Lastly Flail is only good with HP is low, but this would catch your opponent by surprise as they weaken him. I know this whole set is really gimmicky, but this is just a random set idea for some surprise factor.

Also the Gastrodon set, LynxForte mention below here, I would agree for a possible 6th member.

Gastrodon (leftovers)
Storm Drain
Bold
252 hp/252 def/4 spd
- scald
- earth power
- toxic
- recover
For the Mamoswine you shouldn't even consider Quick Claw because it's just not a very good item. I'd replace Flail with Endeavor because then you could possibly pick off your opponent with an Ice Shard if you somehow survive to the next turn, plus the Normal type coverage isn't useful for Mamoswine

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
For the Mamoswine you shouldn't even consider Quick Claw because it's just not a very good item. I'd replace Flail with Endeavor because then you could possibly pick off your opponent with an Ice Shard if you somehow survive to the next turn, plus the Normal type coverage isn't useful for Mamoswine

I disagree about quick claw, it has been very useful to me and I've seen others use it, but yeah Endeavor might be better, but I'm going for when he takes some bad hits. Also if anyone wants to level up really quick, like gain 56,000 exp fast, then check out the links below.

If you want to level up super quick, scan theses QR codes, they all have blissey!! With only healing wish as their only know move.

B3GsfX8CcAACkuG.jpg:large

Also check out this video link to reap maximum experience points from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fErc2tWD8

I hope this helps.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I agree with Quick Claw not being a very good item, especially not on Mamo. Even if quick claw pops, you have to rely on Mamo OHKOing. And if it pops and you use Roar, it won't matter because Roar is a negative priority move. You're just better off with a Focus Sash or a Life Orb. And with less than a 20% chance to activate, that's just too much of a gamble.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Then don't worry about the ball ;) Thanks.
If that's the case then both pokemon are ready now just woulda takrn long to get the ball since only females pass it down and after two and a half boxes I gave up on ralts in premier ball female :/ sorry about that, I hate giving bad service.

The ccat is a team build for the guild by the guild and I meant answer to beat mamoswine notblet it join us lol

SoMaPoKiTo

Back from the Grave!
Hey there, sorry I haven't been on lately. Btw here's my Secret Base QR code:

d2425d4e-2b0e-425a-89f9-72f4fe0ac9d6_zps5a1889f0.jpg

I did get that last thing I needed a few days back, so my lair is ready to troll (honestly I could've posted this like a week ago, I just wanted to get that Level Release item :L).

And since I feel like it, here's my Water Monotype team I've been using for some time now:

T4 (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Giddyup (Kingdra) (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Agility

Suwako (Greninja) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Gunk Shot

GJ (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

Helix (Omastar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

OxiClean (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

It started with me wanting to use my Belly Drum Azumarill from X/Y Battle Spot in Showdown and also wanting to try out Critdra after hearing about the Gen VI Crit mechanics. So I made a quick OU team including these two and used it for a short time, but it didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I decided to make them into a Monotype team since I'd made some Mono teams years ago and had some fun using them.
Sure enough, now I've got a fun team where everyone pitches in. The team's done quite well in its past ~30 Monotype battles and in most of its 10 or so OU battles so far. I'm really glad I made this team. :)

Mega Typhlosion

If that's the case then both pokemon are ready now just woulda takrn long to get the ball since only females pass it down and after two and a half boxes I gave up on ralts in premier ball female :/ sorry about that, I hate giving bad service.

The ccat is a team build for the guild by the guild and I meant answer to beat mamoswine notblet it join us lol

That's great ;) I can probably trade tonight (around midnight GMT) or tomorrow morning.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Cos i missed a fair amount of the competitive scene between 5th-6th gen some poke to me looks strong, but im not sure how they fit into a team, or what they are on a team to do. Pokemon like blissey is a clear tank and smeargle is a clear lead, but what do some pokemon, such as azumarill isnt clear to me. It isnt necessarily a sweeper, but does it help take out your main sweepers weaknesses?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Cos i missed a fair amount of the competitive scene between 5th-6th gen some poke to me looks strong, but im not sure how they fit into a team, or what they are on a team to do. Pokemon like blissey is a clear tank and smeargle is a clear lead, but what do some pokemon, such as azumarill isnt clear to me. It isnt necessarily a sweeper, but does it help take out your main sweepers weaknesses?

Azumarill is a very versatile mon. He's mostly used as a wall breaker, but can be used as a late game sweeper. I think some even use it as a wall.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Thank you The Last Jedi for posting the CCAT, we've already had a Rotom- Wash set from Top Skuttler I do believe so I won't include the second one (the Gastrodon set I saw was valid though).

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 4 SAtk / 24 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def/-Atk)
- Scald
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast / Psyshock
- Slack Off

Slowbro is my nomination - Regenerator core with Amoonguss, sound defensive trio with said Amoonguss + Tyranitar whilst still providing some offensive pressure. Keldeo can not 2HKO this thing, which is good since if Amoonguss goes my team dies to it. Talonflame is checked, Mega Charizard X is checked some more. All good. Bisharp problem is an issue but Excadrill & Garchomp do handle it. Your choice of move - T-Wave makes Garchomp's wallbreaking easier or means Excadrill doesn't need to rely on Sand to function as a sweeper on offensive teams, whereas Toxic wears down bulky threats like Latias, Hippowdon, Landorus- Therian and Azumarill. Ice Beam nails Dragons, Fire Blast hits Ferrothorn and Psyshock is dual STAB to beat Keldeo. Slack Off is required as recovery. Peace out.

@ Romeo32, thanks for the advice! Heatran would definitely make an excellent addition to my team (although I still think Magnezone could fit well here too, to remove bulky Steel types no matter what) and definitely provides me with some utility. I think it is fast enough to run Taunt, since it's there to hit Suicune, Mega Venusaur and other slow utility Pokemon. But I never use the move much anyway, so we'll see. Lava Plume / Earth Power / Toxic / Protect would be a good set to run I suppose.

Well, my school term has ended so I'm now in my Christmas holidays! Not a bad start to the year, lets hope I can continue it. I'm probably going to be spending the next 2 weeks playing video-games 24/7, since I'm cool and whatnot. ORAS will definitely happen, World of Warcraft and maybe Skyrim as well. Exciting.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
That's great ;) I can probably trade tonight (around midnight GMT) or tomorrow morning.

I'll be online most of the day so we can trade, just send me a pm, I think I have you added already so we should be all set.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Hmm, still a bit confused on IV's I think I get the breeding stuff but I don't know which IV's I want for my team... Suggestions?

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Facade

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Wish

Greninja @ Expert Belt
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Scald
- Dark Pulse

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Super Fang

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Still waiting for some answers :/

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Still waiting for some answers :/

6 perfect IVs is never bad, but 5 perfect is always the goal. If you're not using a stat, then you don't need to worry about getting a perfect IV for that one.

i.e, MegaZard X, perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, SpD, Spe

When you're using a Mixed mon, you don't necessarily need 6 perfect IVs, but you do want one of the attack stats at 31 and the other one ideally at 30, if not 31

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
6 perfect IVs is never bad, but 5 perfect is always the goal. If you're not using a stat, then you don't need to worry about getting a perfect IV for that one.

i.e, MegaZard X, perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, SpD, Spe

When you're using a Mixed mon, you don't necessarily need 6 perfect IVs, but you do want one of the attack stats at 31 and the other one ideally at 30, if not 31

Thanks, I'm starting out with greninja, so I'm thinking all stats except HP? He's a fragile mon, so I really see no point in it. Caught tons of frogadier at the friend safari today, and had some froakies too. A lot of the frogadier have 31 HP IV, but I'm breeding a frogadier and a ditto atm to get some other IV's and some female froakie. I think breeding is all set atm but I just wanted 2 know what IVS fit my mons, makes sense now.

Meanwhile, I need quite a few friend safari for the following: Anything in the timburr line, anything in gliscor line, anything in chansey line, and anything in eelektross line. Anyone have these?

Status
Not open for further replies.