• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Thanks, I'm starting out with greninja, so I'm thinking all stats except HP? He's a fragile mon, so I really see no point in it. Caught tons of frogadier at the friend safari today, and had some froakies too. A lot of the frogadier have 31 HP IV, but I'm breeding a frogadier and a ditto atm to get some other IV's and some female froakie. I think breeding is all set atm but I just wanted 2 know what IVS fit my mons, makes sense now.

Meanwhile, I need quite a few friend safari for the following: Anything in the timburr line, anything in gliscor line, anything in chansey line, and anything in eelektross line. Anyone have these?

No, HP and defenses are something you always want to go with because that could be the difference in you getting off another attack and winning or not. In Greninjas case, I wouldn't make him mixed unless you're giving him Shadow Sneak. And honestly I wouldn't even make him physical because his physical move pool isn't impressive.

As for the safari's, Gligar hordes in the wild is the only way to get its HA. The best way to do that is to take a high level pokemon with high physical def and hp and that can use toxic. If you have ORAS, you can get a happiny from one of the mirage locations. Gurdurr in Victory of Road in XY and Tynamo is in one of the Mirage locations in ORAS

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Thanks, I'm starting out with greninja, so I'm thinking all stats except HP? He's a fragile mon, so I really see no point in it. Caught tons of frogadier at the friend safari today, and had some froakies too. A lot of the frogadier have 31 HP IV, but I'm breeding a frogadier and a ditto atm to get some other IV's and some female froakie. I think breeding is all set atm but I just wanted 2 know what IVS fit my mons, makes sense now.

Meanwhile, I need quite a few friend safari for the following: Anything in the timburr line, anything in gliscor line, anything in chansey line, and anything in eelektross line. Anyone have these?

You should have it missing attack, as greninja is an awful physical attacker, and you probably aren't using it anyway.
Played a liTTle pokemon today. Didn't get much done. Idk why i'm so slow at run-throughs. I mean I got to mt. pyre. Actually i'll play now, unless someone wants to battle on PS?

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
No, HP and defenses are something you always want to go with because that could be the difference in you getting off another attack and winning or not. In Greninjas case, I wouldn't make him mixed unless you're giving him Shadow Sneak. And honestly I wouldn't even make him physical because his physical move pool isn't impressive.

As for the safari's, Gligar hordes in the wild is the only way to get its HA. The best way to do that is to take a high level pokemon with high physical def and hp and that can use toxic. If you have ORAS, you can get a happiny from one of the mirage locations. Gurdurr in Victory of Road in XY and Tynamo is in one of the Mirage locations in ORAS

Well, he had Rock Slide to deal with talonflame easily, but I can easily replace that with hidden power rock

Also, no I don't have ORAS, like I said not getting it til Christmas. I am building this on X and transfer it to ORAS after.

So, how do IV's determine hidden power? I know they do but how?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Well, he had Rock Slide to deal with talonflame easily, but I can easily replace that with hidden power rock

Also, no I don't have ORAS, like I said not getting it til Christmas. I am building this on X and transfer it to ORAS after.

So, how do IV's determine hidden power? I know they do but how?

Greninja is not the one you want to deal with Talonflame. Talonflame doesn't want to come in on greninja and greninja doesn't want to see Talonflame, but if they happen to be on the field, then grenjinja dies to brave bird. If by some chance talonflame comes in and you predict it, scald/hydro pump OHKOs it.

Anyone up for a showdown battle, XY or ORAS. (My team is XY but i'll run it on ORAS (its an in game team too))

Im up for a battle

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Greninja is not the one you want to deal with Talonflame. Talonflame doesn't want to come in on greninja and greninja doesn't want to see Talonflame, but if they happen to be on the field, then grenjinja dies to brave bird. If by some chance talonflame comes in and you predict it, scald/hydro pump OHKOs it.

Then what should I replace rock slide with?

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Okay, thanks Lynx. I just realised I don't have my team on this computer so i'll just remake it sorry! My username is Shade2000 by the way.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
When you get ORAS, you'll want Gunk shot on it. But for now, Extrasensory might work. Or you can trade it to me and I'll put gunk shot on it for you

Umm, it's not even bred in game yet. However, when it is could you do that for me? But why would I want a physical move on it?

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Gunk shot deals with the obvious fairy switch-ins, Azumarill, Clefable, Sylveon and maybe Gardevoir

Oh, I see. Well then, might be a while til it's bred, but I've been on all morning catching frogadier. I gotta start breeding them for some nice IV's. I got the nature and ability down, so that's good. Just gotta get good IV's. Everything besides attack right?

Also, I don't think my team counters talonflame... I'll try to work that out. Talonflame is pretty common as far as I know.

EDIT: This look like a good moveset for my conkeldurr to counter talonflame?

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Mach Punch
- Facade

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Oh, I see. Well then, might be a while til it's bred, but I've been on all morning catching frogadier. I gotta start breeding them for some nice IV's. I got the nature and ability down, so that's good. Just gotta get good IV's. Everything besides attack right?

Also, I don't think my team counters talonflame... I'll try to work that out. Talonflame is pretty common as far as I know.

From the looks of it, you're team doesn't appreciate TalonFlame. Gliscor could take some hits, but its not going to force it out.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
So talonflame is my team's weakness? I tried to switch conkeldurr a move for it:

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Mach Punch
- Facade

That good?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Its not really a weakness, your team just doesn't appreciate it.

Hey bud let's try to watch the one liners,

Also @Fossil if you want a better conk try my set

Conkeldur @assault vest
Adamant
Iron fist
252 atk/ 4 hp /252 sdef
-drain punch
-Mach punch
-earthquake
-thunder punch

Talonflame not running big beak or focus sash isn't helpful on ur team but play with your favorites, you like Talonflame, use it!

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
So it can handle talonflame but doesn't exactly like it? I'm confused what u mean by "appreciate" it?

Also conkeldurr had thunder punch before rock slide, which would be better?

Rock Slide is a more common move. What I mean by appreciate is that it can cripple your team

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Hey bud let's try to watch the one liners,

Also @Fossil if you want a better conk try my set

Conkeldur @assault vest
Adamant
Iron fist
252 atk/ 4 hp /252 sdef
-drain punch
-Mach punch
-earthquake
-thunder punch

Talonflame not running big beak or focus sash isn't helpful on ur team but play with your favorites, you like Talonflame, use it!

First of all my whole team is planned out, I'm trying to counter talonflame not use it! And my eelektross already has assault vest so I can't use it on conkeldurr too. I was wondering if thunder punch or rock slide would be better on my set, I don't want to change the set completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.