• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Typhlosion

Emergency! Anybody online that has a Mienshao? I need the dex entry to make it 719/719... it's the only thing I'm missing *-* Pleeeease?

Also, welcome Noheart, hope you enjoy it here and help the guild and the land sector to further achievements :D

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Emergency! Anybody online that has a Mienshao? I need the dex entry to make it 719/719... it's the only thing I'm missing *-* Pleeeease?

Also, welcome Noheart, hope you enjoy it here and help the guild and the land sector to further achievements :D

If you give me about 10-15 mins I can get one for you

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Someone should PM the guild's xat to me so I can get to know you guys better. :p

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Sorry guys my internet went out and it's on slow working right now but I should be able to be on, I'm regards to the leauge you can switch teams at any time so long as they are not pokemon on the BANNED list, and I'm currently breeding delibirds.

Delibird
Hidden ability
5 31ivs (in random stats to be a total surprise)
Nicknamed "Santana Helper" if it fits lol or something else.
This will be a surprise so please let me know if you want one, if you haven't already.
Happy Holidays!

please the read the ban list as swagger is banned not just here but in all OU tiers

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
We used to have a xat but nobody really used and and then it eventually got hacked :L We just use this thread for chatter, making sure to include a pokemon related section

Ahhh, I see I see. Well in that case, anyone else using Pokémon Showdown still experiencing their technical errors in regards to their servers not recognizing I.P. addresses? It's been like this all day and sort of frustrating considering it's the only Pokémon game I'm able to play at the moment besides Colosseum and XD. :S

Romeo32

Ahhh, I see I see. Well in that case, anyone else using Pokémon Showdown still experiencing their technical errors in regards to their servers not recognizing I.P. addresses? It's been like this all day and sort of frustrating considering it's the only Pokémon game I'm able to play at the moment besides Colosseum and XD. :S

It's working now it's just super laggy, if you want we could battle on there, see what you're made of ;)

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
Sorry guys my internet went out and it's on slow working right now but I should be able to be on, I'm regards to the leauge you can switch teams at any time so long as they are not pokemon on the BANNED list, and I'm currently breeding delibirds.

Delibird
Hidden ability
5 31ivs (in random stats to be a total surprise)
Nicknamed "Santana Helper" if it fits lol or something else.
This will be a surprise so please let me know if you want one, if you haven't already.
Happy Holidays!
please the read the ban list as swagger is banned not just here but in all OU tiers

Where can I find that ban list? I've sort of been out of the loop for a while, but I've got my team together, so I'm ready for the league. Just a side not, I'm restarting my game over Christmas, and so I wont be able to battle for a little while after christmas. Will this interfere with the league?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Where can I find that ban list? I've sort of been out of the loop for a while, but I've got my team together, so I'm ready for the league. Just a side not, I'm restarting my game over Christmas, and so I wont be able to battle for a little while after christmas. Will this interfere with the league?

The ban list takes from smogon xy ou and ORAS ou, only I am allowing all OU and below pokemon except the moves, abilities, pokemon, etc. that smogon has banned. It's in the very lady spoiler of my leauge post on page 903-905 I believe.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hope everyone is having a good day today, this looks like my penultimate day I'll be posting here before Christmas since I'm going somewhere where there's no computer which means no Serebii.Net. Should be back on Boxing Day, maybe Christmas Day depending on how things go. As it's my penultimate day I'll probably be planning my ORAS in-game team, my ORAS OU team (I might just go to a different tier though, we'll see), my novel (had a different idea of it) and my World of Warcraft race/class choice. All very important, so lets try and get it all done.

Alpha Sapphire team:
257.png
272.png
334.png
376.png
310.png
362.png

Omega Ruby team:
254.png
319.png
334.png
376.png
310.png
323.png

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Well, since my Dex quest sis complete and got a pretty good Reshiram, time to start building my VGC15 team around Mega Salamence ^^

And probably plan the team for the WiFi league, but I'm not good at OU teambuilding lol

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well, since my Dex quest sis complete and got a pretty good Reshiram, time to start building my VGC15 team around Mega Salamence ^^

And probably plan the team for the WiFi league, but I'm not good at OU teambuilding lol

Congratulations on your Dex thing by the way, I should've said that last night but I was doing other things. I can't really help with VGC, but OU teambuilding is fairly easy for me. If you need help just ask.

Anyway, not sure if anyone noticed but my ORAS teams are planned and ready to go. Next thing is World of Warcraft (in terms of simplicity), then novel and then ORAS OU team.

Mega Typhlosion

Congratulations on your Dex thing by the way, I should've said that last night but I was doing other things. I can't really help with VGC, but OU teambuilding is fairly easy for me. If you need help just ask.

Anyway, not sure if anyone noticed but my ORAS teams are planned and ready to go. Next thing is World of Warcraft (in terms of simplicity), then novel and then ORAS OU team.

Well I do have a core, so I guess I'll go by my own method which is trial and error. I'll breed it and try it out on the first season, then change and adapt as I see fit ^^
Just got a clean sweep with Mega Absol on showdown... got to love that thing.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well I do have a core, so I guess I'll go by my own method which is trial and error. I'll breed it and try it out on the first season, then change and adapt as I see fit ^^
Just got a clean sweep with Mega Absol on showdown... got to love that thing.

Fair enough. What set do you run on your Absol by the way? It's fairly underestimated to be honest; it has better Attack and Speed then Bisharp (although it's frailer) with a much better moveset. 115 Speed beats the Lati twins and a bunch of other relevant threats, and 150/115 offenses are excellent for mixed or for standard set-up SD sweeper.

I've just tried playing another Paladin, but I can't do it. I'm just bored with how long I have to wait to kill things. It's really underwhelming. So I'm going to try a Tauren Druid, see if I like it or not.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Fair enough. What set do you run on your Absol by the way? It's fairly underestimated to be honest; it has better Attack and Speed then Bisharp (although it's frailer) with a much better moveset. 115 Speed beats the Lati twins and a bunch of other relevant threats, and 150/115 offenses are excellent for mixed or for standard set-up SD sweeper.

I've just tried playing another Paladin, but I can't do it. I'm just bored with how long I have to wait to kill things. It's really underwhelming. So I'm going to try a Tauren Druid, see if I like it or not.

I run a mixed set:
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Play Rough

My shiny has poor speed though (couldn't get a 6IV, not a good 5IV), but it's a matter of adapting to the new speed tier. I only have trouble with Conkeldurr, Infernape, and other Mach Punch users which I can't OHKO with Sucker Punch. And most fairies "wall" me (well, at +2 nothing can wall me, but Absol is so frail that anything that survives a hit will likely KO back), especially Azumarill. So the rest of the team must take care of them.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I run a mixed set:
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Play Rough

My shiny has poor speed though (couldn't get a 6IV, not a good 5IV), but it's a matter of adapting to the new speed tier. I only have trouble with Conkeldurr, Infernape, and other Mach Punch users which I can't OHKO with Sucker Punch. And most fairies "wall" me (well, at +2 nothing can wall me, but Absol is so frail that anything that survives a hit will likely KO back), especially Azumarill. So the rest of the team must take care of them.

Nice. You might want to try Knock Off > Flamethrower or Ice Beam, since Dark hits Steel now so Flamethrower isn't needed as much. Knock Off also has lots of utility in this current metagame due to the amount of Pokemon relying on their items. However I can see a use for Flamethrower, so it's your choice. But Knock Off + Play Rough is legal now (thank you ORAS move tutors).

Well I can knock Druid off my list of classes I would potentially main - just levelled up a Tauren Druid to Level 6, not feeling it. My list now only contains Hunter, Mage, Monk and Rogue. I'm not entirely sure on the Monk class, since they lack effective burst options. Might be worth playing an Orc Monk for Blood Fury (which increases the damage I do by 20% or something). Rogue must be Undead (going back to the basics), Mage can be Undead too. Hunter I'm not sure on, who knows?

Mega Typhlosion

Nice. You might want to try Knock Off > Flamethrower or Ice Beam, since Dark hits Steel now so Flamethrower isn't needed as much. Knock Off also has lots of utility in this current metagame due to the amount of Pokemon relying on their items. However I can see a use for Flamethrower, so it's your choice. But Knock Off + Play Rough is legal now (thank you ORAS move tutors).

Well I can knock Druid off my list of classes I would potentially main - just levelled up a Tauren Druid to Level 6, not feeling it. My list now only contains Hunter, Mage, Monk and Rogue. I'm not entirely sure on the Monk class, since they lack effective burst options. Might be worth playing an Orc Monk for Blood Fury (which increases the damage I do by 20% or something). Rogue must be Undead (going back to the basics), Mage can be Undead too. Hunter I'm not sure on, who knows?

Flamethrower is to guarantee KOes on Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress and Ice Beam is for Landorus and Gliscor as well as some dragons. Knock Off can't OHKO Ferrothorn and some variants of Scizor (especially Mega Scizor) even at +2, and I can't risk them OHKOing back. Scizor's Bullet Punch is risky anyway.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Flamethrower is to guarantee KOes on Ferrothorn, Scizor and Forretress and Ice Beam is for Landorus and Gliscor as well as some dragons. Knock Off can't OHKO Ferrothorn and some variants of Scizor (especially Mega Scizor) even at +2, and I can't risk them OHKOing back. Scizor's Bullet Punch is risky anyway.

Do you partner Absol with Magnezone? Just realised that would be a decent little pairing; Magnezone removes Ferrothorn and some Scizor, which means Absol can sweep. I'd probably run Absol as an SD sweeper in UU, which is a tier I'm considering going to. That or Ubers, but we'll see.

Well I haven't played the Monk yet but I know it won't be an Orc. I'm going Undead once again, since they're awesome and I love their lore. In terms of class I'm not entirely sure; I'm kind of bored with Rogues and I don't want to do dungeons on one (Stealth is awful in dungeons). Mages are more or less like Warlocks but even more frailer than them, but have more mobility and have portals which is cool. Monks don't have burst but do consistent damage frequently, although the person I was playing with said his Monk was doing a lot of burst. Hunters have mobility, survivability and burst but they're overplayed, plus the Undead don't really fit them. Guess I'll be basing this on YouTube videos and what I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.