• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Typhlosion

Do you partner Absol with Magnezone? Just realised that would be a decent little pairing; Magnezone removes Ferrothorn and some Scizor, which means Absol can sweep. I'd probably run Absol as an SD sweeper in UU, which is a tier I'm considering going to. That or Ubers, but we'll see.

Magnezone needs HP Fire to do that and since I don't use hacking devices, getting a HP Fire Magnemite ingame might be a little too much for now. I'll see how badly I need it and if it's worth the trouble.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Magnezone needs HP Fire to do that and since I don't use hacking devices, getting a HP Fire Magnemite ingame might be a little too much for now. I'll see how badly I need it and if it's worth the trouble.

That's fair enough, keep forgetting you're WiFi not Showdown so getting the Pokemon would be harder. I would definitely consider Magnezone as a teammate for Mega Absol if you say Ferrothorn/Scizor are problematic. But beware of Heatran since both members are weak to it (not sure how common Heatran is). So yeah.

I'm still looking at my class choices for World of Warcraft, now it's narrowed down between Hunter and Monk. Both possess great mobility and survivability, but Hunters attack from range with amazing burst whereas Monks attack from melee but with lesser burst. Back to YouTube videos.

That's fair enough, keep forgetting you're WiFi not Showdown so getting the Pokemon would be harder. I would definitely consider Magnezone as a teammate for Mega Absol if you say Ferrothorn/Scizor are problematic. But beware of Heatran since both members are weak to it (not sure how common Heatran is). So yeah.

I second the Magnezone suggestion, and I also suggest Crobat as a teammate for Mega Absol. Also, Heatran is actually surprisingly common at the moment, so it's worth having a decent counter for it just in case. Flygon or Keldeo work for that; Keldeo is probably better though.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Heatran's one of those Pokemon which checks an awful lot but you don't really worry about when teambuilding. I've never used Heatran on a successful team personally; I find it slow and I can never find the right balance between offensive and defensive which I require for my team. Plus I usually have everything checked anyway without Heatran.

Why is choosing a class so difficult for me...

Spacial

procrastination
Decided to make a Rain team centered around Mega Swampert, in the process of choosing teammates. I only battle with WiFi so I have to use what's available for me, and I've got a (Pokegen generated by somebody who gave it to me months ago) 6IV shiny Drizzle Politoed which I'm going to use but I don't know what else, need checks for Grass types though, so an Ice Beam STAB would be useful since the Rain renders Fire types less than useful. Or a nice Flying type...

Mega Typhlosion

Decided to make a Rain team centered around Mega Swampert, in the process of choosing teammates. I only battle with WiFi so I have to use what's available for me, and I've got a (Pokegen generated by somebody who gave it to me months ago) 6IV shiny Drizzle Politoed which I'm going to use but I don't know what else, need checks for Grass types though, so an Ice Beam STAB would be useful since the Rain renders Fire types less than useful. Or a nice Flying type...

Do you have OR or AS? If it's OR, Tornadus is a great Rain abuser (and can set it up as well in a less predictable way). Even if you have AS, you may probably get a good Tornadus on the trade forums :)

About my VGC15 team... I don't know why I'm trying to build a new team... This Hoenn team is proving to be quite good, so I may start with that basis. I'm with W9 L5 now and I've just screwed a high-ranked player by using Ally Switch with my Gardevoir eheh

That said, it's time to put this Eon Ticket to good use and go catch my Latias ^^

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty

Ferrothorn is what you need. It's immune to Leech Seed and most powder moves (Sleep Powder/Spore, Stun Spore, etc.) and can hit most Grass types hard with Gyro Ball. You'll have to trade over from X/Y, but that's not horrific I don't think. Tornadus and Dragonite make good Hurricane spammers who beat Grass types, I'm sure there's more.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

A volcarona would be a good surprise to a rain. I used one in the beginning of XY and it worked wonders on my rain team. I don't remember the EV spread (I think it was somewhat bulky), but its moveset was Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Fire Blast/Fiery Dance. The last move was for when the rain ended.

But Fire Hero's Thundurus suggestion is a pretty good one too since its Hurricane is stab, but I think Volcarona would be good if you can't find a Thundurus.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
A volcarona would be a good surprise to a rain. I used one in the beginning of XY and it worked wonders on my rain team. I don't remember the EV spread (I think it was somewhat bulky), but its moveset was Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Fire Blast/Fiery Dance. The last move was for when the rain ended.

But Fire Hero's Thundurus suggestion is a pretty good one too since its Hurricane is stab, but I think Volcarona would be good if you can't find a Thundurus.

I didn't think of Volcarona, that would actually be a good teammate. Beats Grass types anyway, and Talonflame is checked somewhat by Politoed/Swampert/other rain sweeper (either go Kabutops or Omastar since they resist Flying - you may not want another rain sweeper but everyone runs 2 and then some form of Hurricane spam).

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

So here I was, catching Latias. Caught it twice, bad natures, and at the third encounter THIS pops up:

Latias_zps04da0dff.png

Timid, 31 in Def, SpD and Spe. Can't ask for more! I've never had a shiny legend appear to me! And this one is exactly what I need in terms of nature and IVs *-* YAY! Besides, I love Shiny Latias :D

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
So here I was, catching Latias. Caught it twice, bad natures, and at the third encounter THIS pops up:

Latias_zps04da0dff.png

Timid, 31 in Def, SpD and Spe. Can't ask for more! I've never had a shiny legend appear to me! And this one is exactly what I need in terms of nature and IVs *-* YAY! Besides, I love Shiny Latias :D

You lucky bastard. Congrats! Shiny Latias and even Shiny Latios is pretty cool, so well done in catching it. Was it difficult to catch by the way?

Been watching a video of a guy playing a Monk, and it persuaded me to play one. And then I saw a Hunter video, so now I'm just confused as to the one I prefer. Might have to level both up and the one I prefer I keep at the end.

Latias_zps04da0dff.png

You deserve that after your Bagon quest!

Mega Typhlosion

You deserve that after your Bagon quest!

Ahah, thanks I'm sure she and Salamence will work great together ^^

You lucky bastard. Congrats! Shiny Latias and even Shiny Latios is pretty cool, so well done in catching it. Was it difficult to catch by the way?

Been watching a video of a guy playing a Monk, and it persuaded me to play one. And then I saw a Hunter video, so now I'm just confused as to the one I prefer. Might have to level both up and the one I prefer I keep at the end.

First time caught it after 2 Premier Balls, second time took 4 Premiers and 2 Ultras. This one took 4 Premiers, 20 Ultras and ended up on the 4th Quick Ball as I had no more "appropriate" balls lol I was starting to get nervous because I was running out of balls :p

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
First time caught it after 2 Premier Balls, second time took 4 Premiers and 2 Ultras. This one took 4 Premiers, 20 Ultras and ended up on the 4th Quick Ball as I had no more "appropriate" balls lol I was starting to get nervous because I was running out of balls :p

Wow, that's quite a lot actually, although the first 2 times didn't seem too bad. Again, congrats on it.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well I've decided officially to make a Hunter. I started an Undead Monk and realised if I did I would always be expected to heal or tank rather than DPS, which is my main thing. So I figured I'd play a Hunter since all they can do is DPS, and it looks like fun with all 3 specs. It might not work out, and I might end up returning to the Monk or a different class but the Hunter seems to be my perfect class so far. So yeah, done. Next is either my novel or my ORAS competitive team - Ubers or OU basically, leaning towards Ubers at the moment.

Does the Masuda Method still work if a Pokémon from a foreign system uses the same language or if it was hacked? I got a Japanese Ditto that has the (JPN) symbol from GTS, but it has an English nickname, and is Shiny with 6IVs so I'm assuming it could be genned.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
How does street pass work when getting the Eon ticket? I am clueless on how streetpass works

I have no idea. What is Street-Pass by the way?

Does the Masuda Method still work if a Pokémon from a foreign system uses the same language or if it was hacked? I got a Japanese Ditto that has the (JPN) symbol from GTS, but it has an English nickname, and is Shiny with 6IVs so I'm assuming it could be genned.

Should do. If it's Japanese then regardless of nickname it should work with the Masuda Method. Not 100% sure though, someone else will have to check.

Romeo32

Had a battle with LynxForte, I won 4-2 (forfeit). GG man

Street pass is a function on the 3DS that lets you exchange information with other people using Streetpass. If you carry your 3DS around in sleep mode in your pocket or something then you'll street pass other people. Lots of 3DS games have some sort of Streetpass functionality, like the Eon Ticket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.