• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
The problem is not Greninja , but rather Gunk Shot and Low Kick. These two moves give it the ability to check it previous counter in XY. Even though it suffers from 4MSS, it a dangerous game of russian roulette that centralizes the metagame. If you try to adapt to it, it adapts to you. That said, I don't think Greninja should be banned. I believe the best course of action is a complex ban that bans Greninja from having Gunk Shot and/or Low Kick alongside Protean.

Fire Hero, why do you dislike Smogon?

Spacial

procrastination
Merry Christmas THT!!!

My brother woke me up at like 7am to open presents *groan* I didn't get AS which was what I was hoping for but the highlight of my presents among all the socks is PokeMonopoly - it exists!

Personally I dislike Talonflame a lot in competitive use because so many people use it in WiFi battles since it (this in just my opinion btw) takes absolutely no skill to use. It really annoys me because I bring mostly RU and UU Pokemon to battle ingame so Talonflame sweeps right through them... Greninja I don't mind since my Infernape can outspeed it.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Merry Christmas THT!!!

My brother woke me up at like 7am to open presents *groan* I didn't get AS which was what I was hoping for but the highlight of my presents among all the socks is PokeMonopoly - it exists!

Personally I dislike Talonflame a lot in competitive use because so many people use it in WiFi battles since it (this in just my opinion btw) takes absolutely no skill to use. It really annoys me because I bring mostly RU and UU Pokemon to battle ingame so Talonflame sweeps right through them... Greninja I don't mind since my Infernape can outspeed it.

Merry Christmas! PokéMonopoly seems very nice :D I used to play a lot.

Infernape only outspeeds it with Mach Punch actually but yeah, Greninja is too easy to handle to justify a ban. Talonflame is not that hard to handle as well, just take a physically bulky rock-type and Talonflame is shut down.

I got my AS game so I'll be playing it in the next few days as my current teams on OR are finished and working well ^^

Spacial

procrastination
^ Choice Scarf. I don't run Mach Punch on Infernape since it's already fast, I run it on Conkeldurr. It has saved my arse many times. Greninja is predictable and with bulky resistant Pokemon it's easy to switch into eh it shouldn't be banned. The problem with Talonflame is that SO MANY people use it and it annoys me because like god have some originality please

Same goes for M T-Tar.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Merry christmas THT. Im eagerly waiting to start my OR again with friends that got it for christmas, but i wont meet them until saturday, and i need to trade them some things. Is it possible for someone to 'hold onto' some pokes, and trade them back to me in about 2 days. Would be GREATLY appreciated!

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Merry christmas THT. Im eagerly waiting to start my OR again with friends that got it for christmas, but i wont meet them until saturday, and i need to trade them some things. Is it possible for someone to 'hold onto' some pokes, and trade them back to me in about 2 days. Would be GREATLY appreciated!

I can put it in my pokebank for you

LynxForte

The Phoenix
That's what I was thinking. Only reason I actually considered it was because the SpA was 30. Mostly want that SpD a lot higher though.

11/1/31/31/31/6 Bashful. The great wall is being difficult

I think I'm going with this Lugia. Brave nature 21/15/31/31/29/31

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Merry Christmas everyone! Sorry I've been gone, internet has been atrocious and I'm sick with a sore throat, I hate winter! Also delibirds are backed up for at least 2 days sorry about that.

Also I've been pleading my case to my two friends on the smogon council about grenninja that they should only ban gunk shot and low kick on grenninja, also note that regardless of their descisions, Talonflame and greninja will not be banned in the leauge.

Now I'm going back to open presents and tamales, have a great rest of the day.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Does anyone have a Contrary Snivy? I've been searching for one but can't find anybody who will trade me one, I can give you a shiny Pokemon for it or if you like retrieve a handful of different unwanted 4/5 IV Pokemon from Pokebank

Unfortunately they haven't been released as of yet, however I'll update you of a date when I'll be receiving mine from my Japanese friends on the 10th.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Everyone, Contrary Serperior is available in January in Japan, therefore ALL Contrary Snivys that exist right now are HACKED!

Offering hacked Pokémon is against Serebii rules. Please don't offer/ask for/discuss hacked Pokémon as it can get us all infracted and even temporarily closed.

If you want it so desperately, avoid doing that on the guild thread to avoid consequences for the thread.

Ah, didn't know. Thought they were already released

On some me still searching for a Lugia news, I finally get one that has all 31 defenses, but of course its a negative SpD nature.

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Serebii's main site has the event starting on 9th January, so I will be going with that and I'll get the original event to make sure it's not hacked (well, at least to maximize the chances of being legit lol).

Ah, well GTS Wonder Trades are full of them

LynxForte

The Phoenix
So this is the Lugia that I just captured and I think I'm going to keep it. 31/31/23/3/31/31 Serious

Thinking 252 Hp/252 Def/4 SpD
-Roost
-Zen Headbutt
-Dragon Tail
-Toxic

Any thoughts?

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So not pnly was I able to get the Eon Ticket, I caught a Timid Latios with 31/x/31/31/31/31 IV's!
Best Christmas gift I could ask for! :D

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
That's brlliant! :D I wouldn't trade my Shiny Latias for a 5IV one though ^^ How many SRs?

So many, you have no idea...
I wasn't even trying for a 5IV Lati to be honest, I would have settled for perfect Sp Atk and Speed and decent IV's in the rest, but it just worked out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.